Bsg

digitalwanderer said:
Is a bigger number better or worse? :-|
Bigger is better. It's the estimated share (%) of television sets in the US that can possibly watch television at any given time. There's another number that gives the estimated share of television sets that did watch at that timeslot, but SciFi doen't list that in their press releases.

Edit: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nielsen_ratings

Last edited by a moderator:
Trawler said:
Very ordinary ep IMO. Hopefully things will pick up again next week.

oh great, another 45 mins to sit thru, see the story move forward.... :(

this weeks episode for the 3 major sci-fi's just suck... bah.. oh well cant be exciting all the time :(

Oh man, this weeks sci-fi on friday was so boring...

I could have so easily have fallen asleep thru SG1, SGA and BSG.

Bring back enterprise all is forgiven! (sarcasm for those who dont get it)

Did Firefly not show for the past two weeks?

My DVR didn't record anything, so I'm not sure if its gotten sad, or it wasn't aired.

This one was a bit 'meh'. I guess it's an unwritten law somewhere that states every Sci-Fi show has to have an episode seen through the camera of some investigative journalist with a hidden agenda - who mysteriously get permission to go 'behind the scenes' in the good guys own back yard. That, and the Tigh subplot was about as obvious as someone wearing thick winter coat on a nudist beach.

Also: I'm amazed to notice that the Colonials apparently all went to the Mickey Mouse school of security protocols. Allowing a random and 'untested' civilian free roaming privileges to your only military asset? Doesn't mesh well with what has previously been established. Cylon or no cylon, you'd think they would be a bit more careful than that.

At least we know what 6 models look like now:

-Reporter
-Sharon
-Black guy doctor
-Wil Weaton look-a-like
-Squirelly Blond haired guy
-Baltar's mind-fark

They better slow down. They've only got 2 (or is it 3?) more that supposedly exist.

Oh. Right.

I was thinking Dead-Sharon's Chief saving confession to Baltar that there were 8 cylon spies in the fleet.

Of course, we don't know if that's true or not.

My personal guess is:
-Ty's wife (she's hypersexed and driven to mess up everything)
-The presidents aide (he just makes me think he's squirrelly)
-Baltar (how did he survive the explosion shown in the intro?)

Beyond that, I expect some new characters as well.

RussSchultz said:
My personal guess is:
-Ty's wife (she's hypersexed and driven to mess up everything)
-The presidents aide (he just makes me think he's squirrelly)
-Baltar (how did he survive the explosion shown in the intro?)
Maybe. There's certainly enough well founded speculation to go around. Lt. Gaeta also seems to be a popular target in that regard. In any event, if there indeed ate 6 humano-cylons yet to be revealed, I don't think that more than three of them will be among series regulars or recurring characters and that's already stretching it.. I kind of expect one of these to be someone that's already been 'killed off' as well.

I figure I should thank you all for turning me on to this show. I noted an erlier thread here on the subject and evetually got around to checking it out and it took be a bit to get into but I have been hooked for about a month now. I was watching the Stargate shows on occasion to try and sooth my sci-fi fix and I really tried to like them brining on a bit of the Farscape cast, but none of that really did the trick. On the other hand, BSG far is more than I ever could have thought to ask for out of a telvision and I am very glad you guys clued me in on the goodness.

Last edited by a moderator:
Zaphod said:
This one was a bit 'meh'. I guess it's an unwritten law somewhere that states every Sci-Fi show has to have an episode seen through the camera of some investigative journalist with a hidden agenda - who mysteriously get permission to go 'behind the scenes' in the good guys own back yard. That, and the Tigh subplot was about as obvious as someone wearing thick winter coat on a nudist beach.

Also: I'm amazed to notice that the Colonials apparently all went to the Mickey Mouse school of security protocols. Allowing a random and 'untested' civilian free roaming privileges to your only military asset? Doesn't mesh well with what has previously been established. Cylon or no cylon, you'd think they would be a bit more careful than that.

The episode overall I said was the dullest BSG. But it helped progress the storyline a bit more with the Cylon's "plan" and raises a few questions:

1) Do the Cylons know where the fleet is pretty much the whole time? They sent those raiders on a fake recon mission to really relay the images coming from D'anna Biers camera footage to show that Caprica Sharon was still alive and the baby still kicking.

Another possibility is that as soon as the Cylon raiders appeared, Biers knew it was her opprotunity to get a signal sent out from her camera and relayed and cut short her interview with Baltar to find out if Sharon was still alive.

2) And if the cylons really are tailing the Fleet, how? Are the Other Cylons helping in a way? Have they been following them this whole time?

3) And Why? Are they planning to let the fleet lead them to earth and having human-cylon offspring to somehow infiltrate the race or spread the cylon seed?

Sorry I haven't posted in a while, I got in to watching them and was afraid to read the thread for spoilers.

I'm almost caught up, just finishing season 2 episode 7. Got 8 to see and 9 should be out soon. :)

Good series, I hope it doesn't lame out though on Kobol. :???:

i loves last epizode and i wont spoil it for you.... i thought it was dumb one, but...you'll see..

waiting to get latest one... cant wait....

/me hops around the room....FASTER YOU PIRA...urm...TV SHOW SUPLLIERS

Back