Bsg

t0y said:
I don't know about what you'll think, but the blonde cylon rocked in the mini-series. Not just because of her.. well.. looks, but her personallity gives that impression of "perfection" especially when in contrast with doctor's.

She's so angular. She reminds me of a preying mantis or one of those seductive vampires that doesn't look quite human, but is attractive in a creepy sort of way anyhow. If you've seen her modelling pictures, she's got legs that just go on for miles and miles.

silence said:
agreed. MUCH better....;)
I think they're missing a hot brunette. But then again, that's just my personal tastes for 'mindless killing machines on a religious crusade' speaking. :D

This is the best show on TV. This might be better than The X-Files ever was. It's the *only* show I actually watch anymore... gah. You've got a lot of arcs which intersect in unexpected ways, you've got Edward James Olmos, you've got the whole thing with Baltar as maybe-traitor-maybe-just-confused-monkey... the writing is just damn good.

The Baron said:
This is the best show on TV. This might be better than The X-Files ever was. It's the *only* show I actually watch anymore... gah. You've got a lot of arcs which intersect in unexpected ways, you've got Edward James Olmos, you've got the whole thing with Baltar as maybe-traitor-maybe-just-confused-monkey... the writing is just damn good.

exactlly... and (now i will repeat myself) now you find out that original names of 12 colonies were names of constalations and their signs were same constalation... but thats bloody possible to see that way ONLY from Earth.
next thing, whats with all Greek gods? Zeus, Athena, others...
and after Starbuck came back and after what she saw on Caprica... once again... WTF??!!??

Edward James Olmos is doing his role so good that all i can say is....:oops:

Best part is that i remember original show and changes they made in concept and story are simply amazing....

Ok, so the first time I watched it I missed the first 10-20 minutes due to kids and I wasn't very impressed so I never got into it.....re-watched it last night and had to watch the second half right after which kept me up to late, YOU BASTARDS!!!!

It's good, me likes...but where the hell is Athena? :???:

On to the first season...

digitalwanderer said:
re-watched it last night and had to watch the second half right after which kept me up to late, YOU BASTARDS!!!!
Two birds with one stone. Turn you on to something you might enjoy and we keep in your Ragularness's good graces. That, and while you're watching the 20 (as of date) aired episodes you'll post less. With a reasonable amount of time allotted to sleep, eating, puppies and kids, I'd say - based on your profile - you'll be loosing almost 50 posts... ;) :devilish:

And now back on topic: Home, Part 2 was great. Only the timewarp back to the ship in the end seemed to hurt the pacing of it. Apparently they didn't have the cash for a planned action climax upon leaving the tomb.

You forgot "sex toy for my wife", it's also up there with responsibilies now that the kids are back in school and we get some private time together.
naughty.gif

Zaphod said:
With a reasonable amount of time allotted to sleep
Sleep causes cancer, everybody knows that. :rolleyes:

EDITED BITS: Just to keep it on-topic, I did get all the episodes last night now up to the 7th show of the second season...that's current, right?

digitalwanderer said:
EDITED BITS: Just to keep it on-topic, I did get all the episodes last night now up to the 7th show of the second season...that's current, right?
Yep. S02E08, The Final Cut, is next. You'll have to wait two weeks as BSG isn't on next Friday due to Labor day. Plenty of time to catch up.

Zaphod said:
Yep. S02E08, The Final Cut, is next. You'll have to wait two weeks as BSG isn't on next Friday due to Labor day. Plenty of time to catch up.
Labor Day is this Friday?!?! :oops:

A long weekend with the kids....at least I'll have lots of BSG to get me thru. :)

digitalwanderer said:
Labor Day is this Friday?!?! :oops:

A long weekend with the kids....at least I'll have lots of BSG to get me thru. :)

Actually, it's this coming Monday. One week from today.

wazman said:
Actually, it's this coming Monday. One week from today.
Actually I just realized my wife has a four day weekend starting Thursday this weekend and works Monday a shorter than regular day and at double-time+....so it ain't all bad.

I like being around my family, it's just when I get trapped with the kids too much because my wife has to work or is burnt out from working so can't help me out that it gets bad....and she's been putting in a couple of 60+ hour weeks due to a pharmacist's pregnant wife. :???:

It'll be nice to have a weekend to kick back, I think I'll hide and watch BSG. ;)

EDITED BITS: HOLY SPIT!!! I just realized I'm actually all alone in the house with nothing on crisis level to do for the next two hours....I think I'll watch one now and try this "relaxing" thing so many people speak of. I think it's the first time in about 2 months that I haven't been watching a kid or worrying (too) much about 'em. (The "too" because I always tend to carry the phone with me worrying the school will call. Parenting...what'cha gonna do. :rolleyes: )

I'm wondering if the episodes rip from old Galactic episodes at all, and if so if I'll be able to tell which. (I was pretty heavy into Galactic when it came out, regular subscriber to Starlog and everything. :oops: )

Last edited by a moderator:
hey Digi... being housewife has it positive sides, but also negative ones.;)
from what you post, i think you have it good....
thumbs up

Just finished season 1 episode 3. Figured out that I missed the first 10-20 minutes of the mini-series the first time it was out and that's why I wasn't so impressed with it. (Well without the backstory the first 10 minutes provide the rest just ain't nearly as good for some reason)

Now I'm hooked, YOU BASTARDS!!! :devilish:

Oh man, I about lost me shit laughing when I saw Richard Hatch playing the bad guy in episode 3! :LOL:

Good show so far, it is sort of copying the original series in their own way. :)

Heh. I saw the name and kept wondering...where was that naked guy from Survivor?

I didn't realize Hatch was the original Apollo, though now that I looked it up, duh. Not sure how I missed that.

RussSchultz said:
I didn't realize Hatch was the original Apollo, though now that I looked it up, duh. Not sure how I missed that.
I did from the second I saw him, I couldn't remember his real name until the credits but when I saw him for the first time I actually said out loud "That's fucking Apollo!" in amazement/surprise! :LOL:

I'm gonna have to keep an eye on any older characters for more surprise blasts from the past...when is Dirk Benedict going to be on? ;)

Hmmm, mebbe the house is quiet and I don't dare try and nap...mebbe time for one more episode....if there are clones on the ice planet I swear I shall scream! :oops:

Back