iPhone 5S impressions

I note that the ios7.2 and ios8.0 results in glbenchmark for the iphone5s(along with their higher graphics drivers versions) that I mentioned in post #124 a week or so ago, have been removed.

I'm finding the browser a lot more stable in 7.1 release.

I had daily crashes on iPad Air (especially on photography sites containing lots of large images). My iPhone 5s crashed less often. So far, not a single crash on 7.1 on either device. Looking good :)

Remembering user IDs and passwords for dozens of services can be such a hassle that the eventual integration of Apple's Keychain with Touch ID will be momentous.

In theory, 3rd party apps can just save the credentials in the keychain. The data in the keychain are encrypted, and can only be decrypted with correct PIN code or Touch ID. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be an API for 3rd party apps to detect whether a device has PIN code enabled (there's certainly some private API for that), but apps can still provide the usual "save my password" tick box.

Well in a couple of years, most iPhones should have Touch ID.

But who knows if the percentage of iPhone 5Ses with PIN code enabled is higher than in previous devices.

But who knows if the percentage of iPhone 5Ses with PIN code enabled is higher than in previous devices.

Apple probably does :p. Yeah yeah, it wasn't really a question. And if it was it was rhetoric. But still, I couldn't resist :D.

Back