B3D News Item: Challenge: Find Differences between Crysis 2 Console SKUs

I think it's just texture pop in on this shot. But some differences are strange, like light on "this guy"* on the floor.

* -
Prophet, RIP ;(

Could be but surely LOT wouldn't be that silly as to post a shot which hasn't fully loaded?!

Could be but surely LOT wouldn't be that silly as to post a shot which hasn't fully loaded?!

It's LoT, man.

*runs*

Anyways. you folks sure don't understand what the comparison thread is for. :p (have to keep moving stuff...)

-----

About the only thing that seemed worth investigating was the texture compression artefact (first image second page). I was actually wondering more about the texture format differences based on the advanced rendering techniques presentation they did including the improved 3Dc encoding. Whoever was doing the comparison at LoT needs to learn a thing or two about standing still though. I don't really need the frame blending artefact to muddy the comparison.

I would comment on yet another thing if I may...Notice how PS3 has "stronger" lighting in 4th shoot,2nd page?Now look at reflections on that skyscraper(glass one).It seems like sun on 360 is set on different place,as game does alot of times when you replay mission.It sets sun in different position and then level looks different than last time.

Its weird they haven't noticed that...

I'm sorry but LoT is horrible, can't really put much faith in their material or their findings.

I would comment on yet another thing if I may...Notice how PS3 has "stronger" lighting in 4th shoot,2nd page?Now look at reflections on that skyscraper(glass one).It seems like sun on 360 is set on different place,as game does alot of times when you replay mission.It sets sun in different position and then level looks different than last time.

Its weird they haven't noticed that...

I thought the SP had a passing time of day mechanic, no?

The only 'faith' differences from LoT could be the AF... it seem 'confirmed' higher on the ps3...
To me it seems like for like.

@above
No,Crysis 2 does not change TOD on fly but when you play again sun is set on different place and so shadows also change.

To me it seems like for like.

@above
No,Crysis 2 does not change TOD on fly but when you play again sun is set on different place and so shadows also change.

It could be the same (0xAF) or mch better (8xAF) depending on the situation. Of course if nothing changed sience the leaked alpha/beta.

It could be the same (0xAF) or mch better (8xAF) depending on the situation. Of course if nothing changed sience the leaked alpha/beta.
I'm now very close to end of the game and I have been paying close attention of AF all this time.All I can say it works really really well.Haven't encounter situations when there was no AF.Could be that those 0-8 ranges depend if its MP or SP,I dunno but it looked exactly the same whenever I would drop a look.Textures are also very detailed...

Someone should tweet grandmaster and ask when will DF comparison be online.Lets see if we can find differences before he gets them...Only need direct feed shots:smile:

I think we should just wait for the DF article. But as a PS3 owner, I think the LoT article at least shows that the PS3 version looks great too and I don't understand why some people were complaining.

Now I'm interested in seeing how they perform.

I'm now very close to end of the game and I have been paying close attention of AF all this time.All I can say it works really really well.Haven't encounter situations when there was no AF.Could be that those 0-8 ranges depend if its MP or SP,I dunno but it looked exactly the same whenever I would drop a look.Textures are also very detailed...

There are definitely some differences with the PS3 winning out in max AF for a number of scenes. On 360, it seems they just flag certain textures for AF where it'll be noticeable the most e.g. ground textures might look fine, but the wall won't be as great.

Back