ATI B.S Bingo FUD

ANova said:
Geeforcer said:
I wonder what the reaction here would be if the roles were reversed.

The difference is one points out facts while the other quite often blatantly lies and spreads FUD.

One what? The question was, what would reaction be if Nvidia sent such "bingo" to attendees of ATI-held conference. Somehow I doubt it would deemed humorous.

I want to know if any of the attendees actually stood up and yelled "BINGO!" at some point :D

Mendel said:
there are no winners in graphics industry when things get like they are now...
What do you mean? When things get competitive? I think the 6800GT and X800XL users out there would disagree.

digitalwanderer said:
$706us shipped! :oops:

They are in stock and available though, but they just ain't cheap.

Not cheap for sure, but prices have been coming down fast over the last few days. Europe is being flooded with R430/R480 boards, and I suspect the North American market will follow suit within a week or two. Of course the lack of AGP parts will continue to limit ATI's retail penetration.

Wouldn't it be interesting if, much like DVD drives are more prevalent in Europe than in the US (hence a lot of DVD-only game releases in Europe), LCD panels are released earlir in Europe than US, that PCI Express add-in boards also become more prevalent in Europe than the US?

Jawed

Ratchet said:
Mendel said:
What do you mean? When things get competitive? I think the 6800GT and X800XL users out there would disagree.
What X800XL users? the earliest shipment date I've seen at any e-tailer is still the first of March.

Ratchet said:
Mendel said:

Well, last time I checked (when I bought my 6800GT) Ati cards were nowhere to be seen, not in this country anyways and Nvidia offerings were hugely expensive so I had to almost sell my aunt and uncle to get this thing...

But thats not what I meant, I meant the mudslinging contest that is bound to follow. I meant the apparent unprofessionalism. I meant the funds put to pr bullshit vs engineering products. If they start to hire as unmature and unprofessional employees to their engineering departments as they apparently do to their pr departments, I don't think we will ever see another working product from either company.

And for those of you interested, nVnews' take on the news....
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif

Five pages in that thread over at nvnews and only one smart post:
I guess it was time for an ATI vs NVIDIA bitching thread. There there..get it out of your systems. How you guys can still spend time arguing about this i don't know. It's sooo 2002.

:LOL:

digitalwanderer said:
kemosabe said:
Not cheap for sure, but prices have been coming down fast over the last few days.
Damn, $590 with free shipping is a big improvement. :)
That price isn't that bad conisidering the 550 retail+ pci-express high end price gouging+ the new product price gouging.

radeonic2 said:
That price isn't that bad conisidering the 550 retail+ pci-express high end price gouging+ the new product price gouging.
That's what I was thinking too, and it kind of got me depressed.

I should NOT think $590 is "reasonable" for a graphics card! :?

But for a top-o-the-line card right after it is released, yeah that is a pretty good price. :oops:

Geeforcer said:
The question was, what would reaction be if Nvidia sent such "bingo" to attendees of ATI-held conference. Somehow I doubt it would deemed humorous.

Surely that would depend on whether or not such a "bingo" was humorous or not? ;)

Personally, I'm quite happy to see either company add a bit of humour to their marketing stuff. We know it's all going to be one-eyed, overhyping their own products whilst slinging mud at their competitors so at least a bit of humour gives us something else to talk about! :)

fallguy said:
Im suprised they didnt ban everyone who said it was funny. NV news is a joke. :oops:

Its really not supprising to me. I even replied a few time in that thread as I should not have been baited but the same frew. NV is a good souce for lots of info for NV users. They are no worse than say Rage3d for ATI info. As with any fan site its extremely to one side.

Were I would like to see their mods step up its to stop threads like that from happing in the first place. The last 3/4 threads that were about ATI were all locked which I think is a clear sign. But its their site and most of the people there are pretty good..so meh :)

Back