Assassin's Creed 2 teaser trailer.

nintenho

Veteran
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/47677.html

The Da Vinci drawings are a strong hint that the sequel will take place during the Italian Renaissance. If they keep the same quality with the architecture and the story, but make the combat and sneaking elements a little more complex, then this could easily be my goty.

The official site says "Game Informer 04.16.09" backwards so I guess we'll see the actual game pretty soon.

To tell you the truth, I can't wait to see what the amazing artists will do this time. THe cities in AC were great !
Only the missions needed variation, thats all !

Damn, I haven't played the first one yet (although had it fornearly a year now). This has re-awakened my interest for it though, may have to start it up soon. Just trying to get GTA4 finished now which is starting to grate on me a bit.

'I Am Alive' is gone to china.
As for AC ,Ubi works that way :their Best team (team A) creates the IP ,then B,then C are making the sequels.

'I Am Alive' is gone to china.
As for AC ,Ubi works that way :their Best team (team A) creates the IP ,then B,then C are making the sequels.

It's scary that Montreal is their A team. Top-notch tech and art, not much in the way of game design.

Does it REALLY matter too much which studio they give the sequel to? I'm sure there's going to be a lot of resources and effort put on it regardless because of the scale and attention to detail in this franchise. However, I do hope that they make the combat and information gathering more dynamic/realistic.

Also, maybe it's unrealistic to expect them to actually do a totally new time period or new cities. I heard that the last game took 4 years to make because of how long it takes to model a 1,000 year old city.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's mostly instanced geometry.If that's the reason , GTA should have taken 7 years ,imo.What takes longs at UBI is gameplay :gamedesign choices ,trials and errors ,rethinking the whole idea ,...

I wouldn't be surprised if the 4 years comment was just a rumor started by some fanboy since I only remember it from a forum but I'm guessing that the "authentic" buildings that were usually larger and more unique would take quite a while longer than any of the houses or shops?

It just occurred to me how awesome it would be if the entire game took place in Rome, including the Vatican. During the Renaissance, that one city is probably going to look more interesting than all three of the cities of the last game and then there would be no more country-side traveling.

Some supposed details about the game.

Oh my that is exciting!

I love it and can only imagine that the refinements to this game will bring it to the height that we all had hoped for with the original.

the graphics and art of the first title were to ME, most likely that best looking console game (on 360). Fallout 3 is wowing me and there are a few other gorgeous titles but AC was breathtaking.

Booo Hissssss... No cutscenes. :( My favorite part of most any game. Well at least pre-rendered ones. I'm a cutscene whore, I admit it. :p

Still looking forward to this though, loved the first game.

Regards,
SB

Booo Hissssss... No cutscenes. :( My favorite part of most any game. Well at least pre-rendered ones. I'm a cutscene whore, I admit it. :p

Still looking forward to this though, loved the first game.

Regards,
SB

Good to know there is someone else besides me who is a cutscene whore...part of why I like MGS4 methinks... ;)

Good to know there is someone else besides me who is a cutscene whore...part of why I like MGS4 methinks... ;)

I dunno about a cutscene whore but they're definitely a major part of a triple A game..they're a chance to rest from the action, enjoy something pretty passively, and feel like you accomplished something (by reaching it).

I want to hear about more diverse missions and possibly some coop or mp element. I want to like AC, but it seems like a good start that needs some fleshing out to hit its groove.

Back