Anyone heard of these dudes and their MoCap tech?

Never?

Some game developers may end up using it to get the animations in their games, but there's no reason for the consoles to do it.

As well, the Xbox One will support motion capture though Kinect (Project Spark has it: http://news.xbox.com/2013/08/gamescom-project-spark ) which includes facial animations. Likely not nearly as accurate as this, but should be good enough for simple games.

Regards,
SB

Project spark, thought this was pretty cool use of it :LOL: :cool:
Around 10.38 onwards
T'was quite cool if you ask me, it's a nice interaction.:smile2: Given my limited space though I wonder what do I need it for? I am thinking about getting a relatively small HDTV -24" or so- with LED technology and see if I can make some extra space in my room but I am going to use Kinect while sitting down like 99% of the time.

No big studio would ever replace their optical system with this, it seems to be inferior in precision, flexibility and other stuff... And indies usually try to avoid detailed characters altogether, because of the need for highly skilled and experienced artists and big budgets and such, so they won't need mocap at all. IMHO.

Back