AMD RX 7900XTX and RX 7900XT Reviews

Yea thats one thing. Hard to tell how much and what a gpu has run.
yup which is why when buying used I just recommend putting aside a budget for new thermal pads and paste. hopefully buy one that people have taken apart and redone before so you know the pad thickeness and everything.

I'm not sure whether Gravity Mark performance falls into this topic:

but there's some strange deltas.
Thank you the questions is which renderer could they use? In this benchmark you can use Compute Shaderr oder Mesh Shader oder Default (old Pipline). In 3dCenter Froum we tested MS and it was not running on 7900xtx

7900xtx with new driver:
4090:

Last edited:
Thank you the questions is which renderer could they use? In this benchmark you can use Compute Shaderr oder Mesh Shader oder Default (old Pipline). In 3dCenter Froum we tested MS and it was not running on 7900xtx
I'm afraid I don't know. I think Phoronix has an article somewhere that states how it configures each test it runs.

Part of what's interesting here is that the open source driver is sometimes much faster than the AMD driver (on Windows 11). It's always faster with Vulkan on RDNA 3, despite often being slower on RDNA 2.

Curious stuff... It's as if the AMD code is as "experimental" as the open source code :ROFLMAO:

Geez, talk about dropping the ball at the worst possible time.

It might actually be the best possible time to screw up as the 7900XTX wasn’t going to move major volume anyway. Save the perfect execution for when you can make some money from it.

It might actually be the best possible time to screw up as the 7900XTX wasn’t going to move major volume anyway. Save the perfect execution for when you can make some money from it.

I don't know if it's sampling bias on my part or an actual effect, but rushing products out to meet arbitrary deadlines seems to have gotten more common over time (say the past decade).

If what debauer is saying turns out to be true, the Gamers Nexus interview with the nvidia engineer talking about the vapor/condensation/hotspot considerations takes on a strangely fascinating new light.

AMD-RADEON-7900-IGOR-1-1200x491.png

Back