AMD FSR antialiasing discussion

• Thread starter Deleted member 90741
  • Start date
What a disappointing support list.

Disappointing or encouraging depending on your viewpoint. I myself don't play many AAA games anymore, so seeing it come to so many indie/AA games is hugely encouraging. Assuming, of course, it's any good ... which it may or may be.

If it significantly lowers the barrier of implementation compared to DLSS 2.0 and thus can be implemented easily by indie and AA developers, I'll be greatly impressed, again assuming it's any good.

Regards,
SB

Disappointing or encouraging depending on your viewpoint. I myself don't play many AAA games anymore, so seeing it come to so many indie/AA games is hugely encouraging. Assuming, of course, it's any good ... which it may or may be.

If it significantly lowers the barrier of implementation compared to DLSS 2.0 and thus can be implemented easily by indie and AA developers, I'll be greatly impressed, again assuming it's any good.

Regards,
SB
My expectations of it are extremely low now, so that's actually a good thing.
Roll on June 22

So I'm guessing AMD will champion Resident Evil Village and Far Cry 6 to promote FSR's release, which is not so bad IMO.

There's a nice selection of developers / engines in that list, which does promote the idea that it's easy to implement, but it's definitely lacking some bigger names.
Scoring a super-high-profile title like e.g. Battlefield 6 would have been better, but I don't know if this time DICE has their own in-engine upscaler like TSR on UE5.

Regardless, we're less than a week away from the full reveal, so hopefully most questions about implementation, adoption, compatibility with 3rd-party temporal upscalers, etc. will be answered next tuesday.

Many are waiting for UE5, too. Let's not forget that DLSS 1.0 had a total of 3 games in its launch year, and non many more the year after that.

What a disappointing support list.
Compared to what?
Here's a list of studios working with FSR, a bit longer:
AMD-FidelityFXSS-Support-Studios-2-768x313.png

Btw as FSR also coming to amd APU, it's effectiveness will be limited due to amd didn't have a menu to prioritize TDP to GPU instead of CPU.

Currently I'm using ryzen 4500u and I often got gpu bottleneck. It helps to use unofficial tool to disable cpu boost but the cpu is still waaaaaay too fast (more than 90% gpu usage with only around 60% CPU usage).

Compared to what?
Here's a list of studios working with FSR, a bit longer:
AMD-FidelityFXSS-Support-Studios-2-768x313.png
Just in and of itself. I’d wager most people have never heard of/will play most of these titles. Far cry 6 is decent. Village too but that's already been out for a bit

Just in and of itself. I’d wager most people have never heard of/will play most of these titles.
What's in the post you quoted aren't titles, they're publishers and dev studios..

There's probably very few games that you played that aren't made or published by names in that list. The only big name absent from that list is Epic/Unreal Engine, and that's because they already have TSR.

There are a few quite popular titles on that list. And some I also am looking forward to.
Most of all, other than Battlefield 6 I'm not thinking of any high profile PC game to be released within the next 4-6 months. There's Far Cry 6 which is already there, and..?
Halo Infinite, is it releasing on the PC at the same time as Xbox?

Most of all, other than Battlefield 6 I'm not thinking of any high profile PC game to be released within the next 4-6 months. There's Far Cry 6 which is already there, and..?
Deathloop, Diablo 2: Resurrected, Guardians Of The Galaxy, GhostWire: Tokyo, Age of Empires 4, Forza Horizon 5, Dying Light 2 Stay Human, Halo Infinite, Shadow Warrior 3.
About 1/3 of these I'd expect to get Nv's promotion (GOTG, DL2, SW3) but this shouldn't block them from implementing FSR.

Of course.

Baldur's Gate and Vampire. Both will probably quite different from their respective predecessors given the respective studios which are developing them, but here's hope that it's different but good.

Baldur's Gate 3 has been on Early Access since December 2020.

Baldur's Gate and Vampire. Both will probably quite different from their respective predecessors given the respective studios which are developing them, but here's hope that it's different but good.
You mean bloodhunt? Careful, that's a F2P battle royale, not the anticipated Bloodlines 2 whose production was reset so it's only coming late 2022 at best IMO.

Really? Baldur's Gate II is 20 years old, VTM:Bloodlines more tha 16. Do you really think I care about a year more or less for their respective successors?
I don't care what you care or not for. The question was specifically about the next 4-6 months.

Baldur's Gate 3 has been on Early Access since December 2020.

You mean bloodhunt? Careful, that's a F2P battle royale, not the anticipated Bloodlines 2 whose production was reset so it's only coming late 2022 at best IMO.
Oops, guess i counted this as one more typo.

Back