All purpose sales and sales rumors/anecdotes thread next gen+

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see both MS and Sony making slim models with 1TB at $299, not sure if they can do that in 2016 though. We still don't have high-end PC GPU/APU parts at 14-16nm (expected in the first two quarters of 2016) and we still don't know about the cost of mass producing chips in that range. I can see that happening in late-late 2016 or early 2017 but not earlier.

Exact November NPD numbers...

PS4: 1539k
XB1: 1296k
WiiU: 240k

So overall, PS4 outsold XB1 by 243k units... not bad at all.

NPD sales by TrebuchetGames on GAF:

JAN - 40k in favour of PS4
FEB - 66k in favour of PS4
MAR- 103k in favour of PS4
APR - 13k in favour of XBO
MAY - 13k in favour of PS4
JUN - 73k in favour of PS4
JUL - 29k in favour of PS4
AUG - 7k in favour of PS4
SEP - 61k in favour of PS4
OCT - 28k in favour of XBO
NOV - 270k in favour of PS4

Total 621k in favor of PS4

70% of UK stores think PS4 will rule next year
Nearly three quarters of UK games stores believe that PlayStation 4 will be the dominant platform in 2016.

70 per cent of store managers voted for Sony's console as the hardware to rule the next tweleve months, citing its strong forthcoming line-up.

This includes console exclusives like Uncharted 4: A Thief's End, Horizon: Zero Dawn, No Man's Sky, The Last Guardian, as well as the return of Final Fantasy VII – announced at E3 this year – and the launch fo PlayStation VR.

I have to agree, Sony games lineup and PVR are going to be tough to beat next year.

I have a strong feeling that MS is going to announce a permanent drop to 299 shortly after their promo ends, just like they did last year. 299 is a very appealing price and it will allow the XB1 to slow the gap from widening worldwide and allow MS to even close to gap in the US/UK IMO. But as I said before, I expect Sony to respond and drop the PS4 to 299 some time next year as well. We shall see though.

But yeah, Sony definitely has a strong lineup next year plus PSVR. If prices remain the same, they're not exactly going out on a limb to predict that the PS4 will be the dominant console.

Last edited:
Only 70%? PS4 is already outselling XB1. Why think MS can turn that around? Would love to hear the reasoning of that 27%.

Outside of a drastic price cut ($199) or the FIFA series becoming the permanent home on XB1... I can't think of any other reasons as well. One thing is for sure, price parity isn't where XB1 needs to be.

I am very curious to see how NX turns out, both hardware wise and sales wise (these Wii U numbers are pretty bad). Nintendo really need to make a modern console to attract potential buyers (good online features and strong third party support). As much as i like the WIi U library i can understand why it's not doing that great. Of course, that's all irrelevant if they decide to go down the Wii route again and try to attract the casual gaming crowd.

On top of that, Nintendo needs to majorly revamp their online infrastructure and user experience. Without that level of revision, they will never retain 3rd party development support or buy in by the core gamers.

On top of that, Nintendo needs to majorly revamp their online infrastructure and user experience. Without that level of revision, they will never retain 3rd party development support or buy in by the core gamers.

Nintendo will honestly make a killing if they stayed mobile only company (as far as hardware), and became a 3rd party software provider. Something like Sammy/Sega... just a whole Whole WHOLE lot better.

Last edited:
I don't know, it seems there are a handful of companies doing well with freemium games and they do a lot of TV advertising.

Not sure people will pay much higher prices for Mario on phones.

I don't know, it seems there are a handful of companies doing well with freemium games and they do a lot of TV advertising.

Not sure people will pay much higher prices for Mario on phones.
That and the controls on phone and tablet leave a lot to be desired. IMO focusing on a mobile platform built around Android and making games work with a Nintendo Bluetooth controller might work. Charge 99 bucks for software system off playstore and include 1 controller. Selling games thru digital distribution could help lower cost as well.

That and the controls on phone and tablet leave a lot to be desired. IMO focusing on a mobile platform built around Android and making games work with a Nintendo Bluetooth controller might work. Charge 99 bucks for software system off playstore and include 1 controller. Selling games thru digital distribution could help lower cost as well.

$99?

That's what people pay for phones.

Make it $60 and maybe they move a few million units.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back