All purpose sales and sales rumors/anecdotes thread next gen+

Status
Not open for further replies.
No one could realistically get too excited about Sony's reversal on free online moving from PS3 to PS4. In the end MS had been charging for it for the last 8 years, and so no matter how shit consumers might think that it was, the only other option was doing it too and always had done.

It's one thing to get upset at a company who tries to take away gamer's owenership rights with shitty platform policies, and then change your mind when they go back on those policies. It's completely another to be upset about a company who had been giving us a free lunch for the past 8 yrs, and then suddenly decides that to be able to compete with the quality of their opposition's online service they are gonna start charging for it.

I can't imagine how anyone could say they'd take the former kind of 180 over the latter, especially if said person has been happily paying of Xbox Live on Xbox for the past number of years.

They are almost all good 180s, but that wasn't the point. They had no focus and were playing catch up and me too for over a year. Now they seem content selling the PS4-lite, which is fine. If they had done it from the original announcement they would be much better off.

All this BS; NFL, TV, Kinect, etc. was them trying to sell something no one wanted. They got the message and realized people wanted a game console, not a $499 Roku with a camera.

No they had a great focus. I for one am sad that the internet blind hate against what they were trying stopped them from doing it. I like the TV features in the system , I use the Kinect every day and the system had plenty of awesome exclusives so far in its life span .

It would have been great if we got online lending also.

No they had a great focus. I for one am sad that the internet blind hate against what they were trying stopped them from doing it. I like the TV features in the system , I use the Kinect every day and the system had plenty of awesome exclusives so far in its life span .

Of course they have a core audience, which you belong, that would love the original vision. But that is not mainstream. But if I recall correctly you were bitching and moaning about the Xbox One and finally got one free, so even you didn't spend your own money on a $499 XB1. If the infamous eastmen won't buy a XB1, what hope would there be for a casual gamer to have enough interest?

Of course they have a core audience, which you belong, that would love the original vision. But that is not mainstream. But if I recall correctly you were bitching and moaning about the Xbox One and finally got one free, so even you didn't spend your own money on a $499 XB1. If the infamous eastmen won't buy a XB1, what hope would there be for a casual gamer to have enough interest?

I play the majority of my time on the pc. Putting money into my pc simply makes more sense . I've always owned every single console that has come out , last gen I had a ps3 , xbox 360 and wii. This generation I got the xbox one for free and waitied till Mario kart for the wii u.

The next thing I'd want in a 2018 or later console is no optical media . I'm tired of slow drives and long install times

Well it was interesting none of the details came out until after the 180 - then all of a sudden what they were going to offer was a utopian system far and above anything I imagine would have actually happened...I mean, if it was so great why not say that at reveal? Or when they insisted it would be staying after the initial backlash?

Well it was interesting none of the details came out until after the 180 - then all of a sudden what they were going to offer was a utopian system far and above anything I imagine would have actually happened...I mean, if it was so great why not say that at reveal? Or when they insisted it would be staying after the initial backlash?
Yes so interesting when they said there would be more details coming over the next months leading up to launch but the internet had a toddler fit and took its ball and went home forcing MS to put out details quickly to try and quench the fire.

For the past few years MS has wanted to control the news of their product and release info slowly over months to maximize head lines , it was what they wanted to do with the xbox one and they were able to sucesfully do with the surface.

Edit , well they want us to drop it. I'll go back to dreaming of my DD only console for another generation !

Breakdown of Ubi sales
https://www.ubisoftgroup.com/comsit...bisoftfy15earningsenglishfinaltcm99202546.pdf

HXrK2uH.png

Frankly I'm astonished that Wii U is even 1% of their sales but perhaps there is some aggressive rounding up.

I'm more shocked that XBO sales are that close to PS4 sales for UBIsoft despite the huge disparity in WW install base. And you can't blame NA for that, as NA only makes up 40% of their sales this quarter.

Regards,
SB

I'm more shocked that XBO sales are that close to PS4 sales for UBIsoft despite the huge disparity in WW install base. And you can't blame NA for that, as NA only makes up 40% of their sales this quarter.

Regards,
SB

32% to 20% is close? I guess you are just looking at Q4, which is MS's strongest quarter and includes a bundle?

32% to 20% is close? I guess you are just looking at Q4, which is MS's strongest quarter and includes a bundle?

Yup, looking at the most recent quarter.

As a percentage of sales difference only being 32% to 20% is closer than it should be when the hardware numbers are 2:1 - 2.5:1 in favor of PS4 over XB1. That means owners of XB1 are more likely to buy your games than PS4 owners.

Yup, looking at the most recent quarter.

As a percentage of sales difference only being 32% to 20% is closer than it should be when the hardware numbers are 2:1 - 2.5:1 in favor of PS4 over XB1. That means owners of XB1 are more likely to buy your games than PS4 owners.

How do you get 2:1 or 2.5:1 when sales are ~23m:13m? That's 1.7:1, which is pretty close to 1.6:1. Take out the bundles and that 1.6:1 is a bit bigger. I don't see anything but a Rorschach test with these numbers.

Oh, I was just going by what the forum warriors are indicating with hardware sales ratio. They'd have you think its nearly 3:1 ! Guess you cant trust what they say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back