All purpose sales and sales rumors/anecdotes thread next gen+

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone can probably agree that the 4.2M is a great number, but the PS2 example is just horrible. These "two years" of it having 10.6M in reality only contain about 13 months of Japan AND only 5 months in NA and 4 months in Europe. The numbers Nathansfortune gave for PS2 are way more proper and accurate view of the situation, they still only contain a very limited non Japan first year for the console. Your two year period starts 20 months before the console was released in Europe.

It doesn't matter if it was only in Japan during those first few months.

That was still the entire worldwide supply of PS2s. That is completely different from worldwide demand. Had they launched PS2 in NA + Japan + EU at the time, they still would have sold the same number of PS2s because of manufacturing limitations (like the PS4/Xbox One) or due to localization limitations (like the Xbox One).

Whatever the case, in its first full year of sales, the PS2 is likely to fall far short of the first full year of PS4 sales. That does not, however, mean that lifetime PS4 sales will exceed lifetime PS2 sales. Although there's a good chance that it might depending on how long this generation lasts and whether it soundly beats the Xbox One in WW sales. 4.2 million versus 3 million isn't soundly beating yet. But if at the end of the first full year it's 16 million versus 8 million, or something more lopsided, I'd say it was well on its way to soundly beating the competition.

Regards,
SB

Uhh... Yes, people are dumb. I'm sorry if I'm the first person to tell you this. Santa Claus doesn't exist either and the Tooth Fairy is just your parents leaving coins under your pillow so you forget about the fact your mouth hurts.
:LOL: Wow...

I think it's safe to say that you're the only one here that thinks that the PS4 is easy to find.

SWING and a ... MISS! oooh, too bad. MS's deal with Epic for Gears of War was done prior to release and included the rights for all sequels. I see nothing about L4D that says it wasn't an exclusive prior to launch and the rights for Titanfall were acquired for the One.

So, you've got nothing then, right?
Can you provide a source saying that the deal for ALL sequels was made prior to launch? And what about GeOW Judgement? All I know is that Epic owns the rights to the IP, so I have to believe some sort of deal was made for the sequels/Judgement, because it sounds like they could have made Gears of War on PS3 at any point after Gears 1 or 2 (and maybe 3). The question is when were the deals made.
http://www.vg247.com/2010/03/15/rein-epic-owns-gears-ip-can-do-what-we-want-with-it/

Left 4 Dead and the sequel were released in November 2008 and later, not at launch.

There's no doubt in my mind that the Titanfall deal included X360, otherwise, why wouldn't they make it for PS3?

Unless you can prove otherwise, I believe all of the above were deals made post launch.

And did you forget Ryse? The whole debate is whether or not MS seeks for third-party deals post launch, so the fact that it started off as an X360 title still has relevance. Funny how you failed to address that one.

In my eyes, I'm 4/4 and hit for the cycle, while you're the manager on the opposing team trying to figure out how to pitch to me. :LOL:

There are more games that I could make a case for, such as Metro 2033, Command & Conquer, Ninja Gaiden 2 and Splinter Cell Conviction.

Last edited by a moderator:
Uhh... Yes, people are dumb. I'm sorry if I'm the first person to tell you this. Santa Claus doesn't exist either and the Tooth Fairy is just your parents leaving coins under your pillow so you forget about the fact your mouth hurts..
I am sure there is a point here, so what you are saying is that the reason people are willing to pay more for a PS4 has nothing to do with demand and supply but is strictly based on those that wants a PS4 are stupid and believes in the tooth fairy.

Funny, I would have sworn that in cases like this it's the capitalistic market that dictates prices and not the tooth fairy.

Please explain to me how PS4s are selling for higher than retail on ebay. Are people just dumb

No they the sellers are not dumb but your argument is...just like the buyers...;)

I've been selling for years on Ebay and know all the in/outs of the trade.

You obviously have no clue why they need to sell them above MSRP...hint it has little to nothing to do with supply/demand. The dumb ones are the ones who think they'll make an actual profit...:LOL:

Yes there are many dumb buyers who will pay way more than what something is actually worth on Ebay. I've purchased a 3G USB modem on Ebay for about $18 brand new while many other dumber buyers paid upwards of $100 for the same item from the same seller...lol.

No they the sellers are not dumb but your argument is...just like the buyers...;)

I've been selling for years on Ebay and know all the in/outs of the trade.

You obviously have no clue why they need to sell them above MSRP...hint it has little to nothing to do with supply/demand. The dumb ones are the ones who think they'll make an actual profit...:LOL:

This is where you explain exactly why a Ps4 is selling for more than a xb1. I think it would be a very good idea to explain how something that isn't in demand and can be easily bought at retail is selling at a way higher price on ebay.

Yes there are many dumb buyers who will pay way more than what something is actually worth on Ebay. I've purchased a 3G USB modem on Ebay for about $18 brand new while many other dumber buyers paid upwards of $100 for the same item from the same seller...lol.

It has NOTHING to do with supply demand...it's all perception and HYPE and lack of experience or not caring about price...and of course stupidity.:LOL:

Grr, I blocked him hoping I wouldn't have to see his posts. But ok, I'll bite.

Yes, I have no idea how ebay works... I have only been a member since 2000 with nearly 600 positive feedback. /s

I know that ebay charges seller fees. I also know that sellers that have ebay stores or are "Top Sellers" get charged little to nothing. And that doesn't explain why most PS4s are selling for $500 or more. This has nothing to do with profit, but everything to do with what people are willing to pay for a PS4. So no, your attempt of acting like some ebay expert failed unfortunately.

I also know a few people personally that made thousands of dollars just selling PS4s here in Canada.

And then there's also the fact that the PS4 is currently sold out pretty much everywhere, or sells out quickly and is currently ranked 1 on amazon.com with only promised stock for January 16th (which also sold out). All added up, no... the PS4 doesn't have high demand. My arguments are just dumb. :LOL:

I already provided the answer...many buyers are just plain stupid...;)

Yeah I'm only able to manufacture 1 a month so my product is sold out and in very high demand...:LOL:

Are people just dumb

I'm surprised you don't know the answer yourself being a Ebay Guru...lol

It has NOTHING to do with supply demand...it's all perception and HYPE and lack of experience or not caring about price...and of course stupidity.:LOL:

Supply is primarily founded on quantity and availability.

Demand isn't just about quantity, desire of a thing also factors into it--particularly for luxury items like consoles. Nobody needs a game machine to live, so their demand is very much influenced on how much people want them.
Emotional measures that determine how strongly someone wants a thing don't have a requirement for a rational basis.

Mt9MV6m.jpg

Taken a few minutes ago

Failure to notice a that there's a demand/supply anomaly between these two products indicate one of three things.
1. You're ignorant
2. You're blind
3. You're purposefully lying to somebody, whether it be yourself or somebody else. Not going to comment on why.

Choose one.

Looked at the PS4 non bundle listings on Ebay and most of the ones with REAL bids are at around $450...lol. Barely enough to cover FVF and shipping....:LOL:..oh and tax for those not so smart sellers who had to pay tax.

You could easily recognize the high priced fake 1 bid sold listings...:LOL:

1. You're ignorant
2. You're blind
3. You're purposefully lying to somebody, whether it be yourself or somebody else. Not going to comment on why.

Agreed...;)

Looked at the PS4 non bundle listings on Ebay and most of the ones with REAL bids are at around $450...lol. Barely enough to cover FVF and shipping....:LOL:..oh and tax for those not so smart sellers who had to pay tax.

You could easily recognize the high priced fake 1 bid sold listings...:LOL:

Agreed...;)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Microsoft-X...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Care to explain how this bid ended with $325 (17 bids)?

Obviously everybody is dumb as hell and laws of economics break down terribly.

I wouldn't personally buy from a seller with 2 feedback...even if I really wanted it..:LOL:

Look at the bid history of fake bids from people with zero feedback...followed by final bid of most likely a "friend"...lol.

It's obvious that seller got caught with his pants down by buying 5 consoles to try and resell them taking advantage of the time the X1s were in short supply. Now that MS have no supply issues he had to unload them at all costs to get some of his "borrowed" money back to pay his credit cards...lol no mystery there.

Strange memo went out today. Company A; reminding its vendors and retail partners that sales data, inventory status (especially on a certain product), should not be discussed without prior notification, and proper approval. Also noted, was usage of photo/video equipment in retail stores and distributions hubs. On stopping customers and employees when in the act of doing so. Lastly, an off-handed threat of pulling its products out of such outlets and even vendor license termination.

I can't name Company A, as Company A name isn't listed in internal memos. Meaning; Corporate receives an actual letter or conference communication from the manufacture or vendor in question, then edits it - a summary of the original letter... purposely leaving out key pieces of info. Anyhow, it doesn't take a genius to know who sent the original communication....

I guess all the recent leaks and photos are working on a nerve... :yep2:

Strange memo went out today. Company A; reminding its vendors and retail partners that sales data, inventory status (especially on a certain product), should not be discussed without prior notification, and proper approval. Also noted, was usage of photo/video equipment in retail stores and distributions hubs. On stopping customers and employees when in the act of doing so. Lastly, an off-handed threat of pulling its products out of such outlets and even vendor license termination.

I can't name Company A, as Company A name isn't listed in internal memos. Meaning; Corporate receives an actual letter or conference communication from the manufacture or vendor in question, then edits it - a summary of the original letter... purposely leaving out key pieces of info. Anyhow, it doesn't take a genius to know who sent the original communication....

I guess all the recent leaks and photos are working on a nerve... :yep2:

I'm curious, why would company A feel strongly about this. Aren't the sales still very healthy and there is no reason for concern?

I'm curious, why would company A feel strongly about this. Aren't the sales still very healthy and there is no reason for concern?

Probably because they aren't healthy enough to justify the cost when the company is already under fire from investors and other animals about said cost.

And factual evidence sticks like the proverbial in the internet age, and no amount of PR will make it go away.

The memo in my opinion deals with perception; and how the public views it - regardless of current sales.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back