All purpose sales and sales rumors/anecdotes thread next gen+

Discussion in 'Console Industry' started by Rangers, Dec 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. holsty101

Regular

Destiny

Edit. HW

Edit. Lol wait, that can't be HW... I'm going to bed! :-D

#3781 holsty101, Oct 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2014
  2. Rangers

Legend

Extrapolations on extrapolations on fuzzy numbers now, but

So:

PS4~538
    XO~284
    3DS~140
    Wii U~90
    360~75
    PS3~48
    Vita~20
    Wii~16

From pie chart

Also, Forza Horizon 2

XBO and 360 versions combined apparently. 5 days in the tracking period I think.

Also, Destiny is between 2.5 and 3 million overall says Aqua. Not bad I guess.

Somebody pointed out Titanfall on XBO still beat Destiny on XBO sales 1st month NPD (1.1m vs 945k). As I keep reminding, Titanfall was an underrated seller!

3. Shortbread

Shortbread Island Hopper
    Veteran

The gap is no longer a gap, it's a canyon...

4. Nesh

Nesh Double Agent
    Legend

Is this US sales?

5. DieH@rd

Legend Veteran

No, and Hyrule Warriors was #11 on the NPD list with 190k copies sold. So it did less than that in the first 5 days of its shelf life.
    edit- 120k xbone+x360

Ouch. The more troubling news for MS is that PS4 will most likely win in the next 4 months [2 holiday months in 2014 when hopefully even PS4 will finally start getting great store deals, and then buildup to Q1 2015 when Sony will have Bloodbourne and Order 1886].

6. ThePissartist

Veteran Regular

Yep, we already know the PS4 is in the region 11m WW.

7. bgroovy

Regular Newcomer

Over 12. Just adding NPD to the 10M announcement at Gamescom gets you near 11M. Add in the rest of the world and you're probably near 12.5M.

8. DieH@rd

Legend Veteran

September NPD is for me final proof that PS4 will easily reach 15M WW LTD by the end of the year.

9. Shifty Geezer

Shifty Geezer uber-Troll!
    Moderator Legend

If you try to filter out the supply-limited first months of 360, it's not so rosy. If XB360 wasn't supply constrained it'll have probably done the same numbers.

Or just 3490k / 4488k ;)

10. zed

zed
    Veteran

yes US sales the gap is a canyon,
    WW its a um well not a canyon cause thats when you can see the other side
    its like the gap between prince and mr ed on the sexiness scale

11. Globalisateur

Globalisateur Globby
    Veteran Regular

4488 / 3490 = ~28.6%

1191 / 945 = ~26%

The Destiny tie ratio is very similar in US between PS4 and XB1.

But I am surprised to see how close both tie ratios are, I was expecting a much more XB1 advantage here considering the traditionnal Xbox love for Bungie & shooter games and the free game promotion.

Also guys, do you realise that this page of this thread is dangerously gathering almost all numbers from NPD in a easily readable way?

12. DieH@rd

Legend Veteran

With 28.6% lead of PS4 in the US, I expect that every multiplatform game will sell less on Xbone [even if MS starts giving those games for free :) [which they did for a week in September]].

#3792 DieH@rd, Oct 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2014
  13. Bagel seed

Veteran

Post holidays I can see 2:1 becoming the norm due to some momentum effect and no more freebie deals.

14. DieH@rd

Legend Veteran

Post holidays I can see MS starting to seriously consider first permanent $50 pricedrop.

15. Cyan

Cyan orange
    Legend Veteran

Gotta add that I guess that games aren't selling on the new Xbox as they used to on the X360, the demographics have just changed, I think.

That's from what I see in my friends list and stuff.

16. Cyan

Cyan orange
    Legend Veteran

Actually, where I live it is an entire cosmos. It began with a 5:1 ratio in sales favouring the PS4. But now I think it is at 12:1.

This is PS territory, always been, but X360 was so great that the PS3 sales were just double the X360. :smile2:

Additionally, many of those PS fans are okay, but some are just... not so great, mocking other people's choices, and a few of them have influence in the media, boards, etc.

That certainly doesn't help at all with my rebel side, but well, at least there is B3D.

17. chris1515

Veteran Regular

I don't know why some people are mocking Xbox one owner, I am an only PlayStation 4 owner and Xbox One is a perfectly valid choice... Better exclusive for the moment...

I buy Drive Club I like the game but online is a shame...

The PSN is often slow since Destiny release... And the OS update are slow to come. It is like Sony won the first battle and are already satisfied or arrogant...

For multiplat and/or Sony franchise gamer the PS4 is a good choice but I hope Sony will wake up in 2015...

18. iroboto

iroboto Daft Funk
    Legend Regular Subscriber

Unfortunately elementary school antics do not necessarily stay in elementary school. If no one rubbed each other the wrong way about their purchases, I don't think there would be such a thing as a fan boy war, I could be wrong though, but generally it's a result of the lack of sympathy, and just a lot of weird bitterness about belonging to one group and not belonging to another; or the opposite the feeling of being left out that causes bitterness? Who knows, too many situations, like pride or that people feel their purchases define them and no one wants to look the dummy, but all of them tend to point to being unreasonable and illogical.

Reality is, all that owners of both respective consoles need to know is that whether their product is first or last in sales, at the end of the day the company will continue to support their product fully to a reasonable end of life time frame.

19. Scott_Arm

Legend

Xbox One is selling well, but PS4 is just selling insanely well. I think Xbox One will be fine in the long run, but it's obvious that unless something changes PS4 will be the "winner" of the sales war this gen. Both should be profitable products, and that's good for everyone that's into gaming.

20. Shifty Geezer

Shifty Geezer uber-Troll!
    Moderator Legend

Same reason people get mocked for the car they own, or the sports team they support, or the clothes they wear - people are dumb. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.