All purpose sales and sales rumors/anecdotes thread next gen+

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can add 999 to my cart.

Yes I dont know what is up last night at 3:39 AM I spotted 983, which then went to 981 a few minutes later. However it then was back up to 999 after an hour or two so I gave up and edited out the reference. However today it was 832 last I checked a minute ago.

Perhaps going from 981 to 983 to 999 was them adding a small batch back in that people had put in carts and not purchased, and since then it's steadily declined. But, who knows really, the method hasn't really been reliable in a while and you cant do it anymore with PS4.

It's now declined to 827 in the past few minutes which is a decent sales rate I guess. I'll note it here for reference, 827 at 5:31 PM my time, and keep a watch.

You can try to extrapolate, I believe Aquamarine claimed Amazon was 5-10% of USA sales. If so, that's roughly 6500-13000 X1's Amazon should have sold last month. That's 232-464 per day, in theory.

Also to note placement, Madden X1 is currently ranked #15 and falling. Perhaps we could get an idea what certain rankings sell. Countless variables, but still fun.

Edit: Ok as of ~6:30 PM it's 804 Madden X1's remain. So in theory 23 sold in an hour. That works out to a rate of 552 an hour. However that rate is likely massively high if you proorate it, as it's near prime internet buying time.

Edit 2: At 7:43 779

742 @9:46

732@10:04

713@11 PM

702~12 AM

690 -2AM

5:30 AM 692 (??)

More edits: the number kept creeping up a few at a time through the early morning hours, befuddling me. Perhaps they were getting minor restocks. It went up to something like 704 by 8AM when I checked. So for 6 hrs from 2AM-8AM hours it increased by 14 consoles at least, when you would think a few would have been selling too. This seems more than my inventory sweep theory.

As of now (4:45 PM) it's 596, so I guess normal sales have resumed. But I'm really not sure what the deal is with the numbers going up sometimes. If they're truly receiving a few in here and there, rather than just inventory cleanup (IE somebody buys one, cancels the order a minute later) it's going to throw off the numbers.

Germany sales news from GAF citing sources from several German websites:
PS4 540k
WiiU 350k
Xbone 170k

Current PS4 demand is 6x of "second place contender"... which is WiiU [MK9 boost, current sales 150k]. Demand is also apparently higher for X360 than Xbone.

Those are LTD figures, so Wii U's been out a year longer, and has a spike (although a sale is a sale!). That's how PS4 demand can be 6x Wii U demand despite being less than 2x the total sales.

Lost the 150k spike and Wii U sold 200k in a year. That's what the very limited data seems to suggest.

Also, that suggests >6x demand for PS4 than XB1. Is that actual monthly sales, or 'user rated demand'? That tallies with the Chinese 6:1 gamer poll rating given earlier.

It seems as of today, Sony (PS4) has the controlling mindshare in all territories.

How does MS/Nintendo confront an uphill battle like that? If MS does somehow take North America from Sony by a slim margin... can they just survive on North American sales alone?

Hypothetically; If PS4 reaches >32 million units worldwide by the end of 2015, and XB1 is sitting at ~20 million worldwide, does MS fight on or press reset?

Germany sales news from GAF citing sources from several German websites:
PS4 540k
WiiU 350k
Xbone 170k

Current PS4 demand is 6x of "second place contender"... which is WiiU [MK9 boost, current sales 150k]. Demand is also apparently higher for X360 than Xbone.

The source is this apparently for the 6x thing

The german price comparison portal billiger.de says that the demand for the PS4 is six times higher than for the WiiU. They even say that the demand for the Xbox 360 is higher than for the One.

Doesn't seem very scientific. Like German equivalent of Amazon charts or worse.

I'm also a tad skeptical of the numbers although they're likely more solid. The 170K One sales was supposedly as of June, which was three full months ago now. Is the Wii U figure newer than that? Etc.

Anyways 1/6th is pretty good if true, much better than reports. According to GAF it's 1000-1, or nobody ever has bought an Xbox in Germany or anywhere outside USA :p

GAF may be slightly exaggerating, but XB1 is certainly not doing well in Germany. There's rarely any XB1 titles in the top 50, or even top 100. Compare that to the PS4 that had 11 titles in the most recent top 50. (edit: nm, that was last week's charts. PS4 has 10 this week, vs 1 XB1 title, which was Diablo III)

The PS3 outsold X360 ~2:1, and PS4 is outselling XB1 by a lot more as of late.

Last edited by a moderator:
GAF may be slightly exaggerating, but XB1 is certainly not doing well in Germany. There's rarely any XB1 titles in the top 50, or even top 100. Compare that to the PS4 that had 11 titles in the most recent top 50. (edit: nm, that was last week's charts. PS4 has 10 this week, vs 1 XB1 title, which was Diablo III)

The PS3 outsold X360 ~2:1, and PS4 is outselling XB1 by a lot more as of late.

Yup, it's been consistent, whatever the PS3:360 ratio was, the PS4:One ratio is that plus some. Whether it's Germany or USA.

Something interesting, it's now 8/29...only 11 days from release, and on the 2014 Amazon charts PS4 Destiny is #20, XBO #22, Watch Dogs PS4 #19, Destiny PS4 bundle #94, for 2014 to date. Mario Kart 8 is #8 and Titanfall #13 as the best selling next gen games for 2014. The Ghost and Limited edition Destiny are not in the top 100.

Basically I'd expect Destiny to be the best selling next gen game easily by release, and it's not yet. Maybe I'm just jumping the gun though, and those last 11 days and a few after will really rocket it. Probably.

One question regarding Amazon Charts:

Are they indicative of their entire pre-order list or new pre-orders for a particular time frame?

If the latter than you really need to take into account like ~6 months or so of pre-orders to get an accurate representation of their numbers.

Nintendo Amiibo have been made available for preorder and have rampaged the Amazon charts...

After the carnage standard PS4 is all the way down to 21....lowest I've seen it I think. Madden One was already falling, but is down to #49.

What I find crazy is the numbers for the sunset bundle(302)and the aw bundle (197). But both still have time to rise before release.

The destiny bundle lowest point was 66 on June 29th. I'm itching to see those numbers.

I read on GAF that German amazon has a xbox bundle with destiny and the master chief collection. I haven't checked myself though. I wonder if that will help out any. Its a good deal for someone who wants a bone

Last edited by a moderator:
Why 70€ for many multiplat third party AAA games in EU PSN store? That's outrageous. Destiny, Diablo 3, Watchdogs (well there is a timely limited sale until 11/9 currently at 50€, what a joke), Madden NFL15, FIFA14 etc. all games sold at 70€ for a Digital game.

It doesn't look like it's some kind of abusive EU tax because some games are even cheaper (TLOUR 45€ instead of 50€ for retail) and recent games like Metro have the same price at 40€ when it's 50$ on US Sony store.

Is it some kind of conspiration to deter people from buying digital titles? Because maybe the servers to download the game cost money to publishers? But will it really cost more than the price of a retail bluray + shipping costs? I doubt it.

In USA Sony store the digital price seems identical as retail: 60$ for instance for Destiny when Metro is 50$ meaning those +70€ prices for many EU titles is because of publisher's will to litteraly extort us?

Recently the situation improved with some multiplats games like: Metro, Plant versus Zombies, Sniper elite which have normal prices so maybe in the future those +70€ prices will forever disappear.

Why 70€ for many multiplat third party AAA games in EU PSN store? That's outrageous. Destiny, Diablo 3, Watchdogs (well there is a timely limited sale until 11/9 currently at 50€, what a joke), Madden NFL15, FIFA14 etc. all games sold at 70€ for a Digital game.

It doesn't look like it's some kind of abusive EU tax because some games are even cheaper (TLOUR 45€ instead of 50€ for retail) and recent games like Metro have the same price at 40€ when it's 50$ on US Sony store.

Is it some kind of conspiration to deter people from buying digital titles? Because maybe the servers to download the game cost money to publishers? But will it really cost more than the price of a retail bluray + shipping costs? I doubt it.

In USA Sony store the digital price seems identical as retail: 60$ for instance for Destiny when Metro is 50$ meaning those +70€ prices for many EU titles is because of publisher's will to litteraly extort us?

Recently the situation improved with some multiplats games like: Metro, Plant versus Zombies, Sniper elite which have normal prices so maybe in the future those +70€ prices will forever disappear.

Is it €70 all over Europe? Not just in France?

Is it €70 all over Europe? Not just in France?

It's the same in Germany and spain PSN stores, I think it's all over Europe.

Those 70€ prices are only for some big AAA third party games.

Some others third party AAA games, all Sony exclusives and all Indies (even indies-ish from Ubisoft like Child of light or Soldiers stuff) have normal prices.

Still kind of surprised at it's 2014 ranking on Amazon. Only 19th on ps4 21st on X1 and no improvement in the last few days. Jumped to 4/5 on hourly charts. I'll be watching it closely this week.

It still might be the overall best selling game of 14 so far, depends on whether Mario Kart 8 at 8th or Titanfall at 13 is higher than Destiny on two platforms combined. It should definitely be best selling multiplat, only competition there should be Watch Dogs, but X1 version of WD lags.

Day later edit: 9/4 and Destiny is still not even #1. PS4 version is 3 and X1 version 5, white PS4 bundle 6. The 2014 positions have not budged either.

I dont know, kind of surprising to me. 9/4 is to the point you'd think people would be ordering in droves. At least by the weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back