Alan Wake: Microsoft preparing to leave PC gamers behind (again)

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by Richard, Jul 7, 2009.

1. pjbliverpool

pjbliverpool B3D Scallywag
    Legend

Same here, well other than Gears 2/3 and to a lesser extent Halo 3.

Anyway my copy arrived today and I've just been playing for the last hour or so. So far its excellent, the graphics are gorgeous and it performs very nicely on my 4890 with everything at maximum except MSAA at 2x and FXAA on low, at 1080p. Feels like 60fps in many places dropping to 30fps in high intensity areas. All vsynced.

I think I'm going to have a lot of fun playing this... in the dark with the speakers turned up :twisted:

2. DieH@rd

Legend Veteran

Play without HUD. Experience is 10 times better.

3. Npl

Npl
    Veteran

brrrr... got stuck for 30 minutes in the tutorial, pissed me off enough for tonight.
    Good think is I got my non-xinput gamepad working now, god knows MS makes it as hard as possible for those to work :roll:

4. pjbliverpool

pjbliverpool B3D Scallywag
    Legend

Cheers I hadn't considered that but ill give it a try, certainly sounds like a good idea for a game with this atmosphere. Hopefully ill get a chance for a decent session with it tomorrow night.

5. joker454

Veteran

Yeah this does really help the immersion. Deep into episode 4 now, loving this game. I enjoyed it on 360, but it really shines on pc, the visuals are really nice here.

Just use a 360 gamepad, it basically works automatically with most pc games nowadays, they are preconfigured for it.