Afrika - TGS 2007 trailer

Afrika fans are looking to get closer to mother nature. Aquanaut's Holiday is another one: http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/08/29/get-wet-with-new-aquanauts-holiday-footage/. These are all pretty unique experiences, different from the usual killing or sorcery.

The gameplay is probably 7-8 ish but the players can get extra value from the encyclopedia (for the Japanese anyway).

As for the so-called small list of good games, I beg to defer. I now have a serious back log of good games people recommended. More are cramped into the next 3 months too.

I saw the latest 10min gameplay video. Dont know if it would ad as a 'good' game to the small list IMO from what was shown. Maybe moderately fun in short playing sessions when there is nothing to do.
Depends on what you like doing. When I'm playing a big, open-world game, I tend to wander around more than actually playing the game. Taking in the sights, seeing what's what, etc. This game seems perfect for something like that.

There's actually a market for non-games in Japan -- they do pretty well on the Wii and DS, even the PS2. Remains to be seen if 'more sophisticated' non-games do well.

I'd love to get this game in Europe. I might have to import it.

It's Pokemon Snap on Safari. And I love me some wildlife, specially the carnivore aspects of it.

I read somewhere that they hope it will sell 100K, so they are one fifth on the way if that is true.

Put it on PSN and add English subtitle to the UI. The encyclopedia can wait. I'll help them meet their target. :p

I have no idea whether Aquanaut's Holiday was a PS1 game :)

But here are some awesome Afrika in-game shots !
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=12651381&postcount=406

The eagle, the giraffes and the elephant all captured the essence of Africa rather well.

EDIT: The rumored PS3 screen cap utility is made for this game ^_^

Well, it already has a camera ;) ! (so does the very thoughtful MGS4)In fact the whole game is about taking the perfect screenshots:smile: (technically ;) ! ) !

@Nesh: There was a time when we were happy with even those graphics !

Well, it already has a camera ;) ! (so does the very thoughtful MGS4)In fact the whole game is about taking the perfect screenshots:smile: (technically ;) ! ) !

@Nesh: There was a time when we were happy with even those graphics !

Yeah but I don't know if the photos can be exported outside the game yet.

EDIT: I am going to give SCEA one more month (for any Afrika US news) before I import this.

this is an avenue that game companies should explore more.
I had an idea a couple of days ago.

the ps3 is ideally suited for a solar system explorer.
it meets the 2 main requirements.
A/ very fast cpu - check
B/ lots of storage - check

imagine flying around mars, I could happily spend hours doing that, in fact any spacefreak would love this application.
theres not thing in the rules that saiz that consoles should only be used for games,
personally Ive very little interest in games.

Count me in!

Wild life exploration in Africa supported by Discovery, sea exploration and space exploration also assisted by Discovery.

Or who knows NASA would have done wonders for it!

The globe seen in the PS3's MP3 visualization effects was already created using data provided from NASA

I like your idea!

Its heartening to see off beat titles selling well. I may not be able to spend $60 on this, but I am sure interested in it. If priced lower, many more people will jump in I am sure. But I guess it must have taken a hell lot of money to make the animals so realistic.

Anybody know if the Asian version got English text or is it just Japanese or Chinese etc in those?

Back