Afrika - TGS 2007 trailer

Anybody know if the Asian version got English text or is it just Japanese or Chinese etc in those?

The only Asian version I know of that's rumored to have English in it is the Hong Kong version that's set for release something like 12 December.

Good to hear about the European release. I'm definitely going to wait for that (plenty to play around with already anyway ... ;) )

It's back! But now it's called National Geographic: Afrika. It's out this month!

http://www.gamezine.co.uk/news/game-types/simulations/rumour-sony%E2%80%99s-afrika-rebranded-western-release-$1250032.htm

I wonder what "Panda" is aimed at, maybe it's a version of Tekken that you can only select the Panda as and you beat everyone else up for littering or chopping down Bamboo Forests.

The only Asian version I know of that's rumored to have English in it is the Hong Kong version that's set for release something like 12 December.

Good to hear about the European release. I'm definitely going to wait for that (plenty to play around with already anyway ... ;) )

It's called Hakuna Matata in Asia LOL

Cool, I'll try to order it there then, but the text is all in english, so its "playable" for none "asian" reading people?

Yeah.. :)
System settings on my PS3 says English instead of Norwegian, and it were just like a english game, no hassle to search for anything in options or anything. :)

KongRudi, I am also very interested in the answer to the above question.

I assume you're refering to the Asian version of the game (instead of Japan).

Sony have stopped them shipping to the EU...I'm asking a mate in the US to get it for me (along with Aquanauts) - bargain prices!

Natsume on Sony's Afrika, Niche Development

http://gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=24187

How did you wind up getting Afrika? This was a big surprise to everyone, because it’s a Sony title, and Sony never lets others re-publish first-party stuff, even for other territories.

Yasuhiro Maekawa: This is kind of a difficult question to answer, because Sony has a lot of third party people. But to make a long story short, Afrika was something we were very interested in. But of course, it’s a first-party title. So we thought in the beginning, we can’t do anything. But there was an opportunity, and it became apparent that we could get the license.

And when I thought about it, if you look at our titles, they’re very much oriented toward peaceful, friendly, type of titles. Afrika’s nature perfectly matches with our lineup. So we started talking about it. Just saying “this game is really good. Good for Natsume’s family of titles.” So basically that’s what happened.

... So when will Afrika be coming out?

YM: We are targeting some time around September. We want to run some special presale promotions. So the game might be ready for release even in July, but we’d like to hold until we feel comfortable.

Is this the first HD game published by Natsume?

YM: Yes, it’s the first.

Do you think Natsume will do more in that direction, or is this just an experiment?

YM: We are not so interested in the so-called “value” titles. Most of the Natsume games I’d say are about in the middle. Sort of normal retail price titles with normal graphical levels.

Like with the DS, we want to price things at $29.99, not $19.99. But for a PlayStation 3 title, this will probably be $49.99. That’s what we’re thinking. Between $39.99 and $49.99. $59.99 is probably too much.

Back