Afrika - TGS 2007 trailer

Too bad SCEA is not going to bring it Stateside. This should be the first PS3 game I import from Japan.

You sure, deepbrown ? My heart can only take so much. I was going to import early, now I'll have to wait some more (Grrrr....)

You sure, deepbrown ? My heart can only take so much. I was going to import early, now I'll have to wait some more (Grrrr....)

SCEE said they had no plans. SCEA have said nothing. Then again Afrika isn't featured on the SCEA press site, but that might be because the title is tied to SCE Japan. The title will most certainly release in Japan first.

If it turns out to be a hunting title after all, I can see how it won't show up in Europe. But if not, then I think it'll make its way here if it creates enough buzz.

If it turns out to be a hunting title after all, I can see how it won't show up in Europe. But if not, then I think it'll make its way here if it creates enough buzz.

I think part of the problem is that the game comes with an (apparently) extensive encyclopedia on African flora and fauna. Localizing that to the EU must be troublesome, to say the least, especially if Sony doesn't expect great sales from the game.

Everything I've seen about the game say it's not about hunting at all, but about being on a photo safari.

Even without the encyclopedia, I'd still buy the game for cheap. Love the animation and the environment. :love:

Link to wikipedia if they must :p

The water one, Aquanauts Holiday, is nice too.

For the few souls who like off-beat games:
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/897/897160p1.html

One area of the game did manage to disappoint us even in our short play time, though. On a visual level, Afrika has some major framerate issues. The game is consistently choppy. While it's true that there's a lot of detail in the world along with a full day-night cycle, not having a smooth visual engine does sort of take you out of the fantasy of existing in this virtual recreation of Africa.

Also disappointing is that the game world isn't totally seamless. While sections of the game world are huge overall, they do have invisible walls preventing you from going too far, along with clear entry and exit points, where the screen goes blank and the next area loads in.

Some of the apparent technical shortcomings are disappointing, but we're still excited to see what the full Afrika experience has to offer. Gamers in Japan (and importers) will have access to the full game later this month.

What interests me are the animal behaviours, day-night cycle, and large draw distance, so the invisible wall may not bother me that much. I wouldn't want to walk or drive for minutes across Africa anyway.

I hope it's more than photo shoot, the youtube recording feature is practically "made for the game".

Ohh sounds good. I'm looking forward to this game. this, heavy rain, and LBP are all looking really original and enjoyable. Hope the trend continues.

I rather like it.

I'm always for more humor, less fact giving for game commercials.

Descriptions of games bore me, making fun of the games excite me :D

I am waiting for the Asia version (to add English text). Then I will buy it from the Playstation Store.

For the few souls who like off-beat games:
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/897/897160p1.html

What interests me are the animal behaviours, day-night cycle, and large draw distance, so the invisible wall may not bother me that much. I wouldn't want to walk or drive for minutes across Africa anyway.

I hope it's more than photo shoot, the youtube recording feature is practically "made for the game".

Wow! Full day-night cycle has been implemented in the game! Now that would be the best addition in the game I guess! its a photography game and there is nothing like fussing around all over the place when you couldn't set up the shot at the right time and the right lighting passes away infront of your eyes :LOL: !

No, seriously, animal behaviour changing according to time would be great and if we can have Planet Earth kind of narration in the background, it would be great following a creature around with the narrator describing its behaviour to us. Wow! an interactive planet Earth would be great! I really hope they put in that as a mode where u can take pictures if you want but you can also just follow the creatures observing them as their different behaviours, which are happening in front of you, are described in the voiceover! I would really want that for me as well as my niece in 4th grade:smile:!

Back