Accurate Human Rendering in Game [2017]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I see it looks different, but I don't dare to say it looks significantly worse (at least in these two pictures). The first one is a closer take, and it seems that lighting conditions are a bit different, too. The hair looks darker in the second shot, which makes eyebrow hairs stand out more than in the first one, where they are more "blended" with the skin. The skin texture/shaders are definitely sharper in the first picture, though, but again, maybe the lighting conditions in the second picture are making it look "worse" than it actually is.

In the newer trailer, there is also a strong DOF effect that is only making the "middle of his face" sharp. Everything left and right of his lips is strongly blurred [it's much more noticeable in the moving video].

Yeah too many variables too determine any sort of quality change, although it does feel like the first trailer has better SSS and higher res texture just guessing.

Mark Hamill looks great in this first showing of the polished version of Squadron 42. His eyes are bit off [too static when he's looking at the player], but otherwize, I like it a lot.

Not a lot of macro close-ups, but here in stills from IGN (which seems to be higher bitrate):
oldman_questionghu1h.png

oldman_question2fgum9.png

oldman_suit2d3u1m.png

The facial animation is the best i've seen in games with dynamic dialogs. Otherwise it looks good but i'm not impressed.

Facial animation looks pretty stiff and awkward, shaders are too shiny. Much more impressed by the Death Stranding Reedus model. But for a game this size it's not bad at all.

Not a lot of macro close-ups, but here in stills from IGN (which seems to be higher bitrate):
oldman_question2fgum9.png
There's very little realistic/accurate about that. Immediately obvious as a computer game. Can't hold a candle to any of the other contenders in this thread.

Kitroot, your pictures are amazing. You should post screenshots more often lol.

Anyway, thanks to your pictures, i guess now people understand why we're not impressed by Star Citizen and that we're not simple fanboys.

Perfect lighting conditions.

In gameplay it looks like that most of the time. Not impressed.

You rather took the worst case scenario and it's the same thing for almost any game. The game which is the most consistent on this point is HZD where the models tend to look good in more diverse lighting conditions.

If you're not impressed, could you give a game that does a better job than Uncharted ?

I mean, if the game beats any other game in good lighting conditions, it will certainly look less bad than other games in bad lighting conditions. The only exception being HZD to me.

riseofthetombraider05lxkxv.jpg

And it's the PC version at max settings... not even in direct sunlight like in Uncharted.

In comparable lighting conditions, Uncharted would rather look like this :

Unchartedtrade%204_%20A%20Thiefrsquos%20End_20160508074521_1.png~original

Unchartedtrade%204_%20A%20Thiefrsquos%20End_20160508073553.png~original

Last edited:
In bright outdoors Drakes face looked like in the picture above most of the time when I ve played it.

Other gameplay shots from DieH@rd
kPdFf4.png

aqx30pi1k95.png

Beard does not look that good be it good lighting or not.

-

Horizon has good models but very low quality face animations which were mostly worse than in Uncharted 1 from 2007

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back