Accurate Human Rendering in Game [2017]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh your comparison was about Uncharted 4 ? Why did you take a screenshot from the beta multiplayer ? It's even written on the picture... :rolleyes:

And yet SCs NPCs are still more detailed and thats Pre Alpha.

DFO3pL.png

comparison10u44.png

28433576981_78f69535c4_o.png

Does ND also need to work on their textures and shaders? NPCs in the background dont look that nice too.

Older ones:
Star-Citizen_Mark_Hamill-1-pc-games_b2article_artwork.jpg

MV5BOGI4MTFkNTctODIyOC00NjI2LTg1M2ItMWEyNDExNGRkODc1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjgwOTE3ODU@._V1_.jpg

Last edited:
I won't enter in this game... so far, you failed to post screenshots as impressive as KitRoot ones. It's what matter.

The last trailer of SC didn't impress anyone here. Here is the truth.

Now, you can continue your biased selection of screenshots. Anyone can do that on any game... have fun...

Last edited:
Who is biased here and says that the NPCs in Star Citizen would look very bad even for NPCs? For NPCs the quality is good and as you can see, even the main characters in Uncharted 4 are not the most beautiful either.

In multiplayer the quality is even very low in Uncharted 4. Much lower than BATTLEFRONT, SC etc.

Who is biased here and says that the NPCs in Star Citizen would look very bad? For NPCs the quality is good and as you can see, even the main characters in Uncharted 4 are not the most beautiful either.

In multiplayer the quality is even very low in Uncharted 4. Much lower than BATTLEFRONT, SC etc.

I'm not the one who selected this screenshot :

squadron42holidayspechss1b.png

It's not my fault if it can't compete with that :

uncharted4_athiefsendzdqyy.png

We discussed the pictures brought by people that like Star Citizen... i won't waste my time anymore anyway.

The fact is that the polygon count of the NPCs in SC is relatively high for the head and you will not find that on Uncharted 4 or BATTLEFRONT NPCs.

In Uncharted 4 the lighting and shadow quality varies greatly but the animations, wrinkles etc. are good. In the multiplayer (even its a small one with a few players) the characters are generally very bad.
Horizon has a constant lighting and good facial textures but the animations, wrinkle maps etc. are not good. The polygoncount does not seem to be very high for the head even for main characters.

I doubt that the textures of the main characters in Squadron 42 are bad because the CIG screenshots look different and the PC has enough reserves. Why should CIG turn them down if they once created them in high resolution inengine?

Skin shaders in SC are just average at best, ingame models outside of cutscenes are plainly underwhelming. The fact Drake ingame model in decent lighting condition looks better than that cutscene SC model tells a lot about there's still a long way to go for SC. But if Jupiter insists to compare cutscene models which tend to have the luxury of perfect lighting condition then UC4 should not be exempted.
K7Rag0D.jpg

wmzHVxO.jpg

In a different league then SC's simple as that.

I think it's pretty fair game to compare realtime cutscenes in console games to SC demo gameplay. There's a 10 teraflop gap in the hardware it's running on after all.

Edit: in posting a casual thought I now feel terribly self conscious that I've added to the vs tediousness. :)

Last edited:
SC almost literrary has barely any of the technical limitations to consider that ND had when they were making Uncharted 4.
With SC sky is the limit. And yet the assets in Uncharted 4 in their highest LOD are easilly comparable and probably better.
During gameplay a lot of aspects beyond the character models themselves affect their presentation because a lot of compromises had to be made depending on the occasion

Yeah, I think by now it's well and truly covered that UC4's models in a decent lighting condition are simply better, the only one who's disagreeing is Jupiter and his attempt of cherry picking. I think it's time to move on instead of flooding the thread with more cherry picked shots. SC still has a long way to go despite its limitless hardware budget, but then again you don't have to reach UC4 or Horizon's model quality to be great, much less spending another couple of years on model perfection when you gotta ship your game at some point. SC really isn't doing itself a favor by delaying, by the time it releases we'll most likely have PS5, Xbox Next level models to compete with and that to me feels like walking into a blood bath.

When SC will be available, TLOU2 will probably be available too. It will be an interesting comparison for human rendering...

The TLOU 2 cutscene looks much better than UC4 or UC the Lost legacy or any other game on animation side...

After Injustice 2 and COD WW2 are very good for facial animation too...

COD WW2 is the more accurate photorealistic face rendering much more impressive than Star Citizen...

Edit: HZD cutscene animation are good for main story but average to very bad for side quest. But saying that HZD animation is bad is false... Not consistent is much more accurate...

And it is much better in The Frozen Wilds and camera work is much better and not far from The Witcher 3 camera work for dialog cutscene.

Edit2:

Spoiler all Frozen Wilds cutscene

Edit3:

HZD main story cutscene use performance capture...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back