Accurate human rendering in game [2014-2016]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hair looking really nice, deferred rendered too. I noticed when he was changing camera positions, the lighting on the hair changes a bit for less than half a second. I wonder if it is converging to a solution (some temporal component) or just that the light positions are changed with the camera direction with some delay.

Hair looking really nice, deferred rendered too. I noticed when he was changing camera positions, the lighting on the hair changes a bit for less than half a second. I wonder if it is converging to a solution (some temporal component) or just that the light positions are changed with the camera direction with some delay.

At half speed
lockapphost-12.11.201mrssq.gif

Something similar happening in Uncharted 4 MP beta, 30% speed
uncharted-4-multiplayf5sdm.gif

Last edited:
Are you sure it's not just the fade? The eyes are still visible during the transition. I think you're just seeing the highlights muted with the blend with the grey background; the highlights over the skin show less variation over time.

Maybe, another example. 25% speed
lockapphost-12.11.201q7sne.gif

Edit: Saw most of the video, looks great. Only question i have is how are they going to scale that down to be playable in very low-end PCs, because that's what the majority of the moba user base are using.

They do not use dithering instead of alpha blending and let their temporal AA clean the image.
Really impressive that it works so well.

This and some additional info.
https://twitter.com/BrianKaris/status/675022683084562433

Last edited:

Edit: Saw most of the video, looks great. Only question i have is how are they going to scale that down to be playable in very low-end PCs, because that's what the majority of the moba user base are using.
Looks reminiscent of UC4's progressive LOD. Probably calculating hair shader at frequency less than one frame to save processing time and blend between results or somesuch.

Definitely the best game models I've seen. They mention at 14m that the assets in the cinematic trailer are the same as those used in-game. We'll see if that holds true when it's released.

They can just have simpler LODs and shaders like PC games usually do.

Too much skin showing. Too fit. Unrealistic standards. Don't you think of the children? Blood and violence are totally ok though :LOL:

I do agree that this Lara is better than the one in reboot/RoTR. Not solely because of the design though, but because she's also a more interesting character.

Last edited:
Interesting (50% speed)

uncharted-4-multiplayjjsix.gif

Is that light information across many frames? Also look how the shadow is changing (looks very dithered in the first few frames).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back