7 Day to Die

homerdog

donator of the year
Legend
Supporter
Anyone play this game? My brother and I discovered it a couple days ago and I have to say it's a blast. The graphics are pretty good too and it runs great on our admittedly stout hardware, with occasional stutters that I can only attribute to fluctuations in the space-time continuum.

Basically a crafting/survival game of which there are a shitload on Steam right now in Early Access, but this one's been around for a couple years and seems to be getting better all the time. We have a little base built with a good amount of supplies, if anyone is interested feel welcome to join our little world look up homerdog on Steam :)

My wife and daughter play it. I can't say I ever thought the graphics were anything decent though. They have fun trying to survive and build stuff.

Apparently the latest update made the graphics a whole lot better. At least that's what I've been told.

Apparently the latest update made the graphics a whole lot better. At least that's what I've been told.
Cool, I'll have to check it out when the wife plays it next. She's been addicted to GW2 at the moment.

My brother and I had some crazy shit happen last night. We went to raid a medium sized town, not figuring that there might be lots of zombies in the town. Now when I say lots of zombies I mean like the scene from The Walking Dead when Rick is in Atlanta and it's all quiet, then he turns a corner and there is a 100 meter column of zombies, shoulder to shoulder, from sidewalk to sidewalk.

Between the two of us we must have killed 200 zombies, and there were 10x more of them after the battle than there were when we started. And we both got infected :(.

We retreated to our little cabin in the woods to heal up, only to realize that we would need antibiotics in order to cure the infection and the only probable source of those would be in the hospital in the town we just ran from...

So we geared up like Rambo and set out for the hospital. We were able to skirt around the horde on the way into the hospital, but they clearly must have seen us enter it because after about 10 minutes of foraging in the (big ass) hospital it became clear that we were no longer alone. We finished raiding (found antibiotics!), bashing our way through the zombies who'd made it to the top floor, and my brother busted out a window and jumped from the 2nd floor, while I blew my way through about 40 walkers and made it out a window on ground floor. We'd expended the majority of our ammo but never died in the whole process.

We regrouped back at the cabin, took the antibiotics, made some boiled venison, and called it a day.

Last edited:
Wow that sounds pretty crazy. They must have come a long way since I last checked it out while my wife was playing.

My brother and I were raiding in the snow territory. I was looting a cabin about a quarter mile from where he was searching some kind of fortified encampment. From inside the cabin I heard a distant but very loud BOOM and them my brother screaming from the other room. He stepped on a landmine and got blown to smithereens :D

Back