[360, PS3] Tekken 6

New screens.

The musculatures look nice. The skin looks better than before. The rage system sounds like a decent idea.

And that's about all the positive things I can think of. I figured that would be easier and significantly shorter than the alternative.

New(?) Video

You cant get much out of the video due to the low quality, but its footage that I havent seen nonetheless :smile:

Lighting/shadowing and skin all look better now both from the video and the new screens, it's coming together very nicely, FINALLY. The snow stage looks awesome. I've been waiting for them to add self-shadowing FOREVER, kind of glad it's finally happening.
Indifferent2.gif

How can you tell something looks awesome with a video recorded with mobile phone in 10fps?
The footage shows some good features even at 10 fps. There's the interactive 'grounds' that look good - fighting in water, snow, and with a ground that breaks. There's also customization and team creation, which bodes well for online. The graphics themselves are harder to see. Lighting doesn't look too sophisticated in the moment's it's not too dark to see anything.

Your right, it doesn't look good. I'd say Tekken 5: DR looked better at the minute.

However, Tekken is always the best looking fighter so I am willing to wait before crossing it off my "buy every version" list.

I was just reading GameSpot's take on the Playstation Premiere Event and this is what they said:

Namco Bandai Games showed a trailer of Tekken 6 and announced that development of the arcade version is almost complete. The game began beta testing in Tokyo two weeks ago, and it is scheduled to officially hit arcades in the fall. A PS3 version of the game is planned for release within a year of its arcade ship date, and will include additional modes and online play.

Either its misinterpretation on GS's part or I read that correctly. I guess thats another title to cross off the PS3 2007 holiday list :cry:

Does anyone know what the arcade version is running on?

There's a chance it isn't as powerful as the PS3 which would explain the rather dubious looking screenshots.

Does anyone know what the arcade version is running on?

There's a chance it isn't as powerful as the PS3 which would explain the rather dubious looking screenshots.
As it's the first title for the PS3-based arcade board, it's unlikely that it's less powerful than PS3. But they have one year to optimize it further before the release of the PS3 version anyway!

BTW the online upgrade for Tekken 5 is slated for August.

As it's the first title for the PS3-based arcade board, it's unlikely that it's less powerful than PS3. But they have one year to optimize it further before the release of the PS3 version anyway!

Yeah, that online Tekken upgrade is definitely the first big thing we can expect in the Tekken universe for now, and I think it'll have to do. ;) After that, Soul Calibur 4 probably comes to consoles before Tekken 6?

I doubt they will improve it though :(

i thought T6 was always supposed to be a 2008 title. IGN said 2008 as far as i can remember.

Well, their second trailer said "coming in 2007"(or something to that extent).

I guess you can say the same for MGS4, which also said 2007 in its E3 06 trailer, but obviously the game got pushed back to '08 ;)

Since the game is slated for release next year, this should give them time to tweak the visuals. I'd be hugely disappointed if the final product still ends up looking like crap.

*tries to keep positive* :LOL:

*plays the resurrection card* :eek:

59(?) New screenshots

I know we've been frowning from the previous screenshots and videos of this game, but how do you guys feel from these new batch?

Does it finally have that "next-gen feel" or is it just a slightly upgraded T5DR(PS3 ver.)

Does it finally have that "next-gen feel" or is it just a slightly upgraded T5DR(PS3 ver.)

Hard to tell much from shots that small, or were there larger ones I didn't get to in there? There was nothing zomg wow about anything there I did see.

Back