[360, PS3] Mass Effect 2 *(Spoiler Warning)

nightshade,

did you have issues with credits? I do all the hacks and explore levels to make sure i don't miss out but I notice I'm running low on credits. There are quite a few upgrades I can do but I don't have the money for them. Do you get a good amount of money for doing the IFF missions and others to go buy this stuff before the end?

nightshade,

did you have issues with credits? I do all the hacks and explore levels to make sure i don't miss out but I notice I'm running low on credits. There are quite a few upgrades I can do but I don't have the money for them. Do you get a good amount of money for doing the IFF missions and others to go buy this stuff before the end?

I'm thinking you aren't supposed to be able to get it all in one play through. I'm obsessive about checking every room for missed credits and upgrades, but there are still a good number of upgrades I can't afford to buy.

I finished the game with 100% paragon/10-15% Renegade, saved everyone,all loyalty mission,all Side quests,all Upgrades....and clocked in ~26 hours.

An Hour or so at most.
I want to warn you about one thing...after the IFF mission you get to do only one more mission, So you would want to make sure that the one mission you are allowed to do is Legion's Loyalty mission.

I'm on that mission right now. (guess that means I'm going to piss off Tali next)

So now that a lot of you have finished ME2, is there any need to complete ME1 prior to starting ME2?

So now that a lot of you have finished ME2, is there any need to complete ME1 prior to starting ME2?

The story references and the choices you made in the first one coming back is nice to see for sure. Any big reason, no.

Oh, I thought there was an achievement for hitting 30 in one play through.
Its only for hitting level 30 not about hitting 30 in one playthrough.

nightshade,
Eh...Upgrades cost resources which are extracted from planets.
When I said I upgraded everything I meant I upgraded everything that's in the research terminal found in Mordin's lab. :)

Yeah. I'm talking about the stuff you buy at shops. I have everything upgraded that can be done via resources outside of the med bay. I like my scars!

Yeah. I'm talking about the stuff you buy at shops. I have everything upgraded that can be done via resources outside of the med bay. I like my scars!

I think I lost my scars by upgrading, even though I didn't want to. I'm not sure what did it. I usually just go down the list of upgrades and get everything. Kind of sucks.

I think I lost my scars by upgrading, even though I didn't want to. I'm not sure what did it. I usually just go down the list of upgrades and get everything. Kind of sucks.

You can also lose them by being a good guy throughout the game. That's a problem I don't have.

The story references and the choices you made in the first one coming back is nice to see for sure. Any big reason, no.

I enjoyed the Conrad Verner one. Especially if you lie to him (to be nice). Or maybe I'm just easily amused by his reactions on Illium. XD

The one about the Rachni Queen will be interesting...

Some of the ME1 consequences do lead to a few more side missions. Nothing big, but something else to do. :p
----------------

They keep bringing up the dark energy stuff... I had a silly ( and simple!) train of thought at about 4AM about that particular star dying faster than it should due to dark energy.

Dark Energy is expelled via activation of element zero thus the "mass effect". All the races are using the technology. What if the Surprisers are clearing out the galaxy to prevent complete sterility of the galaxy? Cycles keep things going, and maybe they're also harvesting to see if any of the races comes up with a cleaner technological solution than the mass effect for space travel. They leave the mass relays and citadel behind to give races a huge step up in technology as a starting point. 50K years for the galaxy to stabilize in terms of dark energy output.

Yes... energy combustion and green tree. la di da. Feel free to tear it down. ;)

yea the shop upgrades are just too many..though I managed to buy most of them but I still could'nt buy all of them. I like to spend money on pets & figurines :)

Well after the initial annoyment of having to play ME1 again to get a proper save turned out to be real fun. 2 year break from the game made it feel quite fresh and I also played the DLC, which I hadn't seen before. I even did most of the sidequest and my playtime was over 30h. I didn't remember that there was a level 50 cap in the first playtrough, I probably would have gotten to 53-55 without it. Well I certainly enjoyed playing it, and now I can import a proper save with the world looking like how I wanted it to be. Took a while to finally start playing the sequel, but here I come!

Good thing you did that cause I'm sure playing as teh default Shepard would mean everything is totally the opposite, the game basically assumes the default character is [as someone put it in the ME2 PC section] an intergalactic jerk. :)

Good thing you did that cause I'm sure playing as teh default Shepard would mean everything is totally the opposite, the game basically assumes the default character is [as someone put it in the ME2 PC section] an intergalactic jerk. :)

Yeah like I said previously (post 418) I played few hours with the default Shepard and found it annoying as hell. The game assumed many past events very differently than what I had chosen before and I just couldn't deal with that. I was supposed to play this on PC, but the lack of integrated pad support drove me off. I have ME1 and 2 on both machines...

yea I started my imported Paragon character as a soldier and then started a NEW character as a Vanguard. (Jane) I enjoyed the vanguard so well that I have stuck with the default character.

I would say based on the decisions that the default is based somewhere somewhere in the middle of Paragon/Renegade. the council is dead, Wrex is dead, Alenko is alive etc... I kind of miss having my decisions show up but it's not a game breaker. :)

I'll probably go back and finish my soldier eventually

The decision of default character is totally renegade imo.
- Only the possible love interest is alive [ie Kaiden for female, Ashley for male]
- Council is Dead
- Wrex is Dead
- Udina is the representative. :)

I'll start it again on PC with my female character imported from ME1 & will play as an Infiltrator. [Though want to play it on 360 to make it 1000/1000GS, but I dont want to play Vanguard again so as to reach lvl 30..atleast now]

Back