[360, PS3] Mass Effect 2 *(Spoiler Warning)

i didn't like playing on the 360 however i think i'm going to buy the first one for the pc and finish it and then buy part 2 on the pc. Story and the concepts were amazing i got about half way through on the 360

is the pc verison avaible on steam or something ?

thanks , might buy this tonight if steam starts believing that there is such a place as ho-ho-kus new jersey and lets me buy it

EA wants to release mass effect 2 on all 3 plattforms (xbox360/ps3/pc). due to economic/contract(?) reasons they do not port mass effect 1 on ps3. but to give everyone a "fresh start" with mass effect 2, they introduce a new main character.

They should make ME2 available on all platforms, not porting games is just dumb IMO. But that has nothing to do with killing Shepard. Even if it were only available on 360, they still can't assume that people have a save game or if people have even played ME1. The have to assume a portion of the clientele will be starting from scratch with ME2 regardless, and the game will have to work with that restriction either way.

In any case, I think killing Shepard in the teaser is a ruse just to get people talking.

- EA wants to release mass effect 2 on all 3 plattforms (xbox360/ps3/pc). due to economic/contract(?) reasons they do not port mass effect 1 on ps3. but to give everyone a "fresh start" with mass effect 2, they introduce a new main character.

Don't have to worry about that, as Bioware has stated that ME 2 will be exclusive to X360 and PC.

There's a link to it in the console exlusive for 2009 thread.

Regards,
SB

Don't have to worry about that, as Bioware has stated that ME 2 will be exclusive to X360 and PC.

Regards,
SB

Yup , Mass effect series has contracts from before EA bought bioware adn there isn't anything that EA can do. I don't think we will see Mass effect at all on the ps3 at this poitn. It seems to be a huge story that is spread out in a trilogy and if the first two games are exclusive to the 360 I don't see how the third one alone can do well on the ps3. Though I'm sure mass effect 4 will be on next gen consoles and all next gen consoles

The Face-Off approach (or Saint's Row 2, in recent times)? :p

I vomit a little in my mouth every time I think of Face/Off. Actually I was thinking more KOTOR 2 style where we're actually a different person and hear tidbits about what happened to Shepard and his crew throughout the game, but it's always kept fairly vague to avoid "hey, that's not how it happened" situations. Or maybe if it detects your ME1 saves the tidbits will reflect the actions you took.

But yeah I will be very displeased if they go the accident -> coma to reset your skills, plastic surgery to reset your looks route.

I vomit a little in my mouth every time I think of Face/Off. Actually I was thinking more KOTOR 2 style where we're actually a different person and hear tidbits about what happened to Shepard and his crew throughout the game, but it's always kept fairly vague to avoid "hey, that's not how it happened" situations. Or maybe if it detects your ME1 saves the tidbits will reflect the actions you took.

But yeah I will be very displeased if they go the accident -> coma to reset your skills, plastic surgery to reset your looks route.

I just hope they don't reset your skills. The rumors I had heard said that ME2 would be level 50-70, and I know first-hand that 50-60 takes a full playthrough.

So if you don't already have a level 50 character you build one when you start?

My Shepard's a 50 and I'd love to take him into ME2. Would be at least ~52 if not for the damn first playthrough level cap. :devilish:

So if you don't already have a level 50 character you build one when you start?

That's what I'm hoping for, sort of like the ancient Quest for Glory games. 50 for new characters, while old players can bring in level 60s.

My Shepard's a 50 and I'd love to take him into ME2. Would be at least ~52 if not for the damn first playthrough level cap. :devilish:

Me too... though having all the items might be overpowered. It's not hard to have 999+ biogel, 9999999 credits and all the best armor and weapons, and with the right mods you can really game the system.

That's what I'm hoping for, sort of like the ancient Quest for Glory games. 50 for new characters, while old players can bring in level 60s.

Me too... though having all the items might be overpowered. It's not hard to have 999+ biogel, 9999999 credits and all the best armor and weapons, and with the right mods you can really game the system.

They could easily keep your character and remove your items, or cap your money and gels etc.

What I'm curious about is I'd played through the game, and then started a new game with my same character but never finished. So I'm guessing I won't be able to carry my character over with the same decisions that I'd made on my first play?

True. Not that I would consider it cheating but I did increase the credit cap to 99999999. :devilish:

They could easily keep your character and remove your items, or cap your money and gels etc.

What I'm curious about is I'd played through the game, and then started a new game with my same character but never finished. So I'm guessing I won't be able to carry my character over with the same decisions that I'd made on my first play?

Well, I'm betting that as far as decisions, they'll be assuming a 'neutral' or 'good' resolution, sort of like KOTOR -> KOTOR 2.
Wrex being dead or not is easy to deal with, but making one plotline that fits whether the Council was killed off or not would probably not be very satisfying.

Regards,
SB

Do you know if those statements were made before or after EA bought Bioware, and it's IP's?
I played Mass Effect on PC, but if Mass Effect 2 came for my PS3 aswell, I think i'd prefer to play it on the big-screen instead of my monitor. :)
It's usually a better experience for me, with decent surround sound and stressless-chair. :)

Do you know if those statements were made before or after EA bought Bioware, and it's IP's?
I played Mass Effect on PC, but if Mass Effect 2 came for my PS3 aswell, I think i'd prefer to play it on the big-screen instead of my monitor. :)
It's usually a better experience for me, with decent surround sound and stressless-chair. :)

To each his and her own, but you can plug your PC into the TV you know ;). I almost bought ME when it came out for Xbox, but after watching my roommate for a few minutes I resigned to waiting. Hopefully ME2 can fix things on the performance front so I won't have to wait for the danged PC release again. :smile:

Why is that Geth wearing a spectre armor??? New allies?

Btw, I expect Quarians will play a bigger role in the sequel. At the end of the second book,
a super biotic human girl decides to sail with an Quarian exploration ships into uncharted areas of galaxy to find/contact Reapers. I think we will see more of this girl

The EA buy out wont matter if they had contracts with MS prior to the buy out. The contracts would still be valid for the game. MS published the first Mass effect and had publishing rights for the second and perhaps the third. It was after all announced as a trilogy. EA will ahve to up hold those contracts.

IF the first two games came out on the 360 and the third one is not obligated to be exclusive its still highly unlikely that it would make it to the ps3.

Also lets not forget that there can be advantages to it being pc/360 exclusive for EA. MS can put alot of marketing muscle behind it and advertise it alot as a big RPG of 2010 which will help it move alot of systems

Back