[360, PS3] Crysis 2

First official PS3 footage:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzsPr_DqKfc

Looks a bit...er... dull compared to the PC version. I remember that level having quite a bit of contrast, Really odd.

EDIT: Also, the waterfall pop-in at 0:39, happens on the PC version as well (even on high settings). Don't know what that's about, considering that none of the others do it.

EDIT2: AI get hit by a sniper bullet and just stand there...?

EDIT3: Forgot to say, looks good :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Microsoft money probably ran out or killzone 3 released?
Take your pick which one is the reason why they didn't show ps 3 footage.
Conspiracies how do they work ?:LOL:

Ps 3 version looks good.

It's just only my impressions or the custom AA of Crytek work a lot better on the ps3 version? I haven't notice a single jaggies even in motion in the video...P.S. well, in the high contrast show some weakness...

I've been trying to watch it on my iPad but without much look. Seen pics and pieces and from what i can see it looks very nice... the IQ is especially very clean.

Good job Crytek... looking forward to this now :)

First official PS3 footage:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzsPr_DqKfc

Looks a bit...er... dull compared to the PC version. I remember that level having quite a bit of contrast, Really odd.

EDIT: Also, the waterfall pop-in at 0:39, happens on the PC version as well (even on high settings). Don't know what that's about, considering that none of the others do it.

EDIT2: AI get hit by a sniper bullet and just stand there...?

EDIT3: Forgot to say, looks good :)

Is there any other source of this video? Because on yt it looks bad in terms of framerate, hope its only encoding.

Prob just the usual gamma/contrast differences between the systems. Anyone think the water looks better on PS3 - matching what the config settings showed?

And anyone know if the game supports gamepads, I might get run it on my laptop displayed on my TV if it can outperform the console versions. .

Prob just the usual gamma/contrast differences between the systems. Anyone think the water looks better on PS3 - matching what the config settings showed?

And anyone know if the game supports gamepads, I might get run it on my laptop displayed on my TV if it can outperform the console versions. .
Yes it supports gamepad with abillity to turn on assist even in options.

What are the specs of your laptop?

Is it me or does it look a bit softer than 360 version shown?Maybe lower res?

I'm not want to start a console war, but ps3 is a lot softer than a bit compared to 360 version, but I don't think depend only to the lower resolution ... at least, in the others video, 360 version in comparison show a lot of more jaggies... probably through SPU post processing, the custom AA work better. Very hard to say if lower res or the same, because the custom AA could 'fake' the reality but I'm not exclude it.

PS3 footage looks great, runs great too it seems, glad they finally showed it.

I don't think any comparisons can or should be made since we haven't seen this section running on the 360 yet.

Is it me or does it look a bit softer than 360 version shown?Maybe lower res?

It's a pretty heavily compressed video, so I wouldn't look too much into it. FWIW, they do have their temporal frame blending AA solution.

I don't think any comparisons can or should be made since we haven't seen this section running on the 360 yet.

We should save any such discussion for the tech threads really, especially after the fiasco in the other game thread.

What is pretty apparent though is the very aggressive LOD. The water falls just popping in at 0:40 is pretty glaring, as are the steel rebars later on.

Looks good. Cant say much from the video. I think it showed a few temporary framerate drops in some scenes

It's just only my impressions or the custom AA of Crytek work a lot better on the ps3 version? I haven't notice a single jaggies even in motion in the video...P.S. well, in the high contrast show some weakness...

Jaggies are there.
zeHV4.jpg

Doesn't look so great to me,seems very dull in lighting and way too much blur and ghosting.

I dunno, it looks just like the 360 version to me.

The lighting differences could simply indicate a different time of day as the 360 footage was an entirely different area and was a lot sunnier and brighter.

The game has real-time day/night cycles right?

Looks alright, it's overly dull and something about the lighting is off.

There is fog covering sky so it wont be so bright as the sun is blocked. It also looks like video was recorded with to much brightness making it slightly washed out.

Back