[360, PS3] Crysis 2

There is fog covering sky so it wont be so bright as the sun is blocked. It also looks like video was recorded with to much brightness making it slightly washed out.
Agreed. Also it looks much better in the gamersyde footage despite the ever present compression, I think it's pixel counting worthy.

Something about that PS3 footage looks just really ordinary to me...

Maybe it's the level. Road Rage was much more impressive.

Or maybe it's gamma making it look washed out, or time of day, or poor quality video etc etc.

But it makes me wonder of the PS3 version is really low res or something since I cant put my finger on it.

Or maybe I was just spoiled by the Battlefield 3 trailer. :p

A PS3 MP demo was announced right? That'll be another good indicator.

Something about that PS3 footage looks just really ordinary to me...

Prolly due to weather conditions as others mentioned. Overcast Seattle style days always look gloomy and drab. People respond to contrast of which overcast lighting has significantly less of.

Why would you say that?

I thought this part is about vertical res:

I did check for 9 and 18 pixels, but the ratios didn't agree. (8/9 then 15/18) Also checked a few other common ratios, but nothing that made sense. Couldn't get enough steps to check 20 pixels to partially confirm 18/20, but oh well. I'm not inclined to do much more with such shoddy material, and parity sounds about right anyhow.

http://forum.beyond3d.com/showpost.php?p=1528703&postcount=2290

Edit: Nope, it's 1024x720

Edit 2: Button indicators are stretched, how could they screw up something like that?

Last edited by a moderator:
Still looks great and better than a lot of other games, resolution isnt really a problem if it still looks nice regardless.

I worry about the gameplay, looks quite unintresting from what i have seen so far. What am i to expect from the combat? Are the encounters likely to be much bigger, so far ive only seen encounters involving a low number of enemys so far. Havent played much of the original crysis.

Whats the verdict on the MP gameplay from the 360 beta?

Still looks great and better than a lot of other games, resolution isnt really a problem if it still looks nice regardless.

I worry about the gameplay, looks quite unintresting from what i have seen so far. What am i to expect from the combat? Are the encounters likely to be much bigger, so far ive only seen encounters involving a low number of enemys so far. Havent played much of the original crysis.

Whats the verdict on the MP gameplay from the 360 beta?

Crysis is as fun as you can make it.
That's the beauty of sandbox games.
They give you the sandbox and the tools go enjoy yourself atleast that was with crysis 1. Like in the ps 3 footage at the end the player could just as easily use the rocketlauncher to kill that tank unit. What did in the first crysis was get a flame barrel throw it at the enemy then shoot it always fun to do that.

For crysis 2 only played first 2 level on the pc demo which ran quit well on my laptop. And the game played more like a Halo game going from arena to arena instead of a linear corridor shooter like cod so to speak. And the Ai was a lot better in the beta then what they showed with the ps3 footage i did play on second hardest difficulty.

Back