[360, PS3] Crysis 2

I don't think there's actually going to be human like aliens. It's probably just another exosuit type like the sentinels in the first Crysis.

They mentioned human like aliens so its either humanoid aliens or aliens/robots with human skin [Terminator !! I knew Skynet was the one behind it !!!]

They mentioned human like aliens so its either humanoid aliens or aliens/robots with human skin [Terminator !! I knew Skynet was the one behind it !!!]

Some DX11 compute shading to simulate the "T1000" deformable liquid body! :p

The demo shown to the journalist was from the 360 version although it doesn't mean the scans aren't from the PC build. Regardless they looked amazing, I like the sound of vertical axis gameplay since you can get a good view of the city scape. The article also mentioned support for DX11.0 hardware tessellation on PC, so it pretty much means bringing every systems down to the knees again.

The demo shown to the journalist was from the 360 version although it doesn't mean the scans aren't from the PC build. Regardless they looked amazing, I like the sound of vertical axis gameplay since you can get a good view of the city scape. The article also mentioned support for DX11.0 hardware tessellation on PC, so it pretty much means bringing every systems down to the knees again.

pc only?

Or a chance for fermi to shine....

Or a chance for fermi to shine....

How about DX10.1 ATI tesselation and DX10 Nvidia tesselation via GPGPU as will be present in Metro 2033? Maybe CE3 will support something like that with scalable tesselation to adapt to perfomance. About 360 one can wodner but there must be a reason why barely any game uses it for 360. Might be to high perfomance cost vs other stuff to do on GPU.

Yeah it's wierd. ATI is really fond of tesselation, but it seems like devs don't want to touch it. Maybe nVidia will change all that with Fermi.

Since the staff of PC gamers posted the scans themselves on their official website, does that mean we can post them here, or at least link to them?

How about DX10.1 ATI tesselation and DX10 Nvidia tesselation via GPGPU as will be present in Metro 2033? Maybe CE3 will support something like that with scalable tesselation to adapt to perfomance. About 360 one can wodner but there must be a reason why barely any game uses it for 360. Might be to high perfomance cost vs other stuff to do on GPU.

I am not tech savvy, but can't it be due to Microsoft not really having any developers really aiming to max out the 360?(compared to PS3 with GG and ND, whose engines were built for that purpose alone)...
And that multiplatform titles don't use it, since it will make the multiplatform development more bothersome?

I have read that Alan Wake uses "tesselated geometry" though

I am not tech savvy, but can't it be due to Microsoft not really having any developers really aiming to max out the 360?(compared to PS3 with GG and ND, whose engines were built for that purpose alone)...
And that multiplatform titles don't use it, since it will make the multiplatform development more bothersome?

I have read that Alan Wake uses "tesselated geometry" though

I recall they saying Alan Wake does use tesselation, but its for terrain only and it seemed like a software solution, running on a cpu thread.

Why? anything on tesselation perfomance on fermi already?

It's tesselation solution seems far more robust and innovative than the ATI solution which should result in great perfomance increase. Though 5xxx should be able to run that techdemo flawless.

I saw a video from tech demo wich featured a open sea, but when they bumped the geometry up the framerate seemed way too low to be even playable XD

About ~300fps without tesselation and 140-150fps with tesselation, hardly slow. They say it and there is a framerate counter ("140-150fps so order of magnitude is about a factor of 2 in terms of perfomance"). So you cant judge the framerate by the video encoding/capture as framerate seems awfully low for the capture (Youtube video). :)

This better: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lw-7gt919w

And talking about water I do hope for something like this in CE3 or CE4...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back