[360, PS3] Crysis 2

I got the code but I don't have Gold account. I can give it to someone but this person will have to post some impressions here (framerate, gfx, tearing etc.) :)

Edit: scently got it :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I have watched a lot and it has very bad screen tearing. I have a link with over 2 hours of gameplay ,if you want to see PM and I will give link.

New preview. Dayum @ screens

http://exophase.com/xbox360/crysis-2-hands-on-preview-19167.htm

On PC where the screens will really look like that, this things gonna be a beast.

Crysis 2 is utterly gorgeous. Not surprising considering the original had graphics so incredible no one could run it, but this one runs on a 360 and still looks great. Only Killzone 3 and Rage look remotely as attractive as this, and neither of them are set in New York during a massive alien invasion. Buildings explode, collapse, or explode and collapse around you, civilians flee for their lives, and then a giant alien robot tank thing jumps through an ornate window.

I am seriously beginning to wonder if this game is coming out on time (March 22).

The beta was really rough. Biggest factor here.

Also, it seems odd they havent shown more. If the game is really ~4 months away, shouldn't they be cranking up the media?

I just spotted this on IGN too

Now: The developer confirmed a hard release date of March 22, 2011 for the U.S. and March 25 for Europe. EA has several other big games coming early next year, including Dead Space 2 and Bulletstorm. Let's see if these release dates for Crysis 2 stick.

Seems IGN is wondering too.

Anybody else agree? Or am I wrong about the media (gameplay, screens etc) release schedule? Is it plausible for a game to be four months away with this little shown? Yeah I follow video games minutely, but I'm still not sure myself.

One thing in favor of the release date is that it's an actual specific date, rather than a month or worst of all, quarter.

Maybe they will need more than 4 months to switch over and let the render farms do mass prebaking for console version to up framerate! :p

Anybody else agree? Or am I wrong about the media (gameplay, screens etc) release schedule? Is it plausible for a game to be four months away with this little shown? Yeah I follow video games minutely, but I'm still not sure myself.

One thing in favor of the release date is that it's an actual specific date, rather than a month or worst of all, quarter.

While I see your point, and agree to an extent, it could just be the case that EA's marketing budget is more focused on titles releasing around the holiday season. For all we know, Crytek could have a lot more to show, but isn't it generally up to the publisher when content is released and how?

I wouldn't be too concerned about the lack of coverage just yet.

i wonder if we'll see something at the vga's dec 12. it seems to be the next big event.

failing that i'd say gdc, but thats actually too late. they'll need to take off the wraps in jan and feb.

although, it seems like more and more pubs show almost no campaign anymore, just a lot of multiplayer. heck, black ops hardly showed any campaign at all before release near as i could tell. reach was another that showed little campaign.

Yeah they haven't been showing too much really. Gotta wonder when they'll start showing some more videos and talking about the campaign.

The March 22 release should be perfect to coincide with that new alien invasion flick "Battle Los Angeles" which is on March 11 and March 25 for AU. Still, the lack of a decent console SP footage is really worrisome.

New screenshot (in-game?):
mrz3t2.jpg

I'm a of mixed opinions with the art style here. Seems really similar to Gears of War 3, just with a few more warmer colours. It all seems a little too bright for a city that's on the brink of demolition.

Looks nice.

I think Crysis 2 is on the cover of @gamer, which is Best Buy's magazine, this month. Along with some other mags. Whether they have any new info/screens I dunno.

New screenshot (in-game?):
mrz3t2.jpg

I'm a of mixed opinions with the art style here. Seems really similar to Gears of War 3, just with a few more warmer colours. It all seems a little too bright for a city that's on the brink of demolition.
There are more of these at 3k res over at gamespot forum but since scans are not allowed I will not link them. Pretty nice looking environment with ice, not sure if these are console screens though.

Back