[360, PS3] Crysis 2

Maybe it's just me, but the Xbox 360 version actually looks better in some parts :p Guess it shows just how much art can impact the graphics reception :)

Both versions have same artwork but 360 was mainly shown at indoor sections (alternative map since there where 2 ones for each platform, no?). However from what can be seen difference is stark and goes with what PCGH said despite the videos quality. In either case it didn't look bad at all.

Also what happened at 3:43 as it seems it all went crazy, shaders reloaded? :eek:

EDIT: Download the video direct from the site (~168MB).

http://www.spaziogames.it/xml/download.asp?id=5465

http://www.spaziogames.it/videorecensioni_videogiochi/console_pc/5465/crysis-2.aspx

Last edited by a moderator:
There are indeed really few 360 footage in this video. To make it worse in the difference on feel, the guy playing on the 360 is never sprinting while the PC player is almost constantly sprinting.

I don't think it looks bad in any way, maybe the map they used looks a bit generic in regard to art.
I'm still willing to see how it turns out in solo :)

Jap...thats most definitely 360 footage.No OMB...but it does not seem like there is no AA...isnt there their hybrid AA on consoles?

It might be in for final but seeing multiplayer videos/directfeed framerate seemed quite unstable so perhaps therefore.

Lighting or tone mapping is still off, at least to my eyes... they are using HDR, right?

The R11G11B10 format is similar to the HDR format used in the XBOX 360, the game platform for which many titles mentioned in a list provided by NVIDIA were initially designed. In many cases, the use of the HDR format with the smaller storage requirement provided the performance headroom to implement other IQ features such as anti-aliasing, in fact increasing the overall appearance of the gam
Xenos/C1 supports FP10 (1010102), but that it supports R11G11B10 is new for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
It was mentioned in the CE3 Siggraph presentation. Also, IIRC, sebbbi has mentioned it here a long while ago.

Back