[360, PS3] Crysis 2

^I always get the feeling that most people who bought Crysis didn't do so because of the game itself anyway, but to make ridiculous custom settings, take screenshots and pretend in the console forums that that's how the game looks like when they play it at home.;)

^I always get the feeling that most people who bought Crysis didn't do so because of the game itself anyway, but to make ridiculous custom settings, take screenshots and pretend in the console forums that that's how the game looks like when they play it at home.;)

Well youre wrong, most enjoyed it's gameplay. Now due to the game having a fully fledged editor it is also entertaining for some to create art with it for singleplayer maps or custom maps with intention of releasing map or just screens. And bar SSAA msot of what has been posted from Crysis is playable. But I can understand how people would refuse to believe such could be realtime. Thus why the large majority of my screenshots also have debuginfo version with framerate aswell as my videos got screenshots with debuginfo. :p

I concur...cause I used to be among those people back then. :p

Same.It's also a favoured sand box of pissing contest.
(IMO disclaimer for the over-sensitive fans) it's certainly not a good game (broken AI ,too easy ,bad VA,pretty boring overall...) ,but playing with the editor and customisabilty is where gameplay starts to shine.

Well youre wrong, most enjoyed it's gameplay. Now due to the game having a fully fledged editor it is also entertaining for some to create art with it for singleplayer maps or custom maps with intention of releasing map or just screens. And bar SSAA msot of what has been posted from Crysis is playable. But I can understand how people would refuse to believe such could be realtime. Thus why the large majority of my screenshots also have debuginfo version with framerate aswell as my videos got screenshots with debuginfo. :p

I know it's real-time, but with some of those custom settings you see in screenshots you need an absolute monster of a machine and not the "300 dollar PC" that's usually mentioned in the very same topics. I have a decent PC. It's by no means high-end, but it plays the game well enough at high settings, which are a far cry from those lovely screen shots.

I dunno, I really liked the original Crysis. I do like other shooters like MW2 (personal favorite) and Gears, but most shooters have a typical feel of head to next location, battle there for a while, rinse and repeat. In Crysis it felt more like I was wandering around a world, it just felt much more open. Mind you with Crysis 2 being in New York that feeling of openness might be totally gone.

I know it's real-time, but with some of those custom settings you see in screenshots you need an absolute monster of a machine and not the "300 dollar PC" that's usually mentioned in the very same topics. I have a decent PC. It's by no means high-end, but it plays the game well enough at high settings, which are a far cry from those lovely screen shots.

Pun intended? ;)

Depends but most of the customs I've seen dont need a monster PC but they do need a fairly good PC. Of course a 300$ PC wont cut it if we talk about buying all component and build a PC from scratch.

It's by no means high-end, but it plays the game well enough at high settings, which are a far cry from those lovely screen shots.

Yeah but most are used together with custom TODs so you wont be there without the TODs which dont affect perfomance. Try this some day.

Even with just all high + godrays having barely any perfomance impact over vanilla high since it is vanilla high + godrays. Of course motionblur is way to high there but thats not the showcase!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaMsIdG3YkA

You see TODs can change a lot of the artistic style that some like or perhaps dislike.

Same.It's also a favoured sand box of pissing contest.
(IMO disclaimer for the over-sensitive fans) it's certainly not a good game (broken AI ,too easy ,bad VA,pretty boring overall...) ,but playing with the editor and customisabilty is where gameplay starts to shine.

AI has it's quirks and bugs but then no game is fault free from AI problems. Stalker has had mentions of great AI in artiles etc, KZ2, Halo 3 etc but they also have their bad AI situations, some really ridicolous. But overall Crysis AI is great and hopefully Crysis 2 brings great improvements.

I like this compilation below becouse it shows vanilla AI just randomly dropped in a map with default navigation mesh for whole map. No highlights, no interest points, no scripted events, no choke points, no limits for movement. One side has Korean soldiers and other US soldiers and then AI routine same as Crysis singleplayer has to take care of the soldiers. To call that bad would be to call pretty much the rest of AI in other games same or awfull IMO.

http://www.youtube.com/user/VideoTubeStation#grid/user/425BE6DAB1AF6035

Last edited by a moderator:
AI has it's quirks and bugs but then no game is fault free from AI problems.
Crysis AI is broken because of a (from the post mortem) design flaw between AI and the animation system.
The animation system was not reactive enough, lagging AI reaction and causing the glitchy behavior i exploited all along the game once i found it, helped with invisibility and others armor's powers.
Coupled with the awfully bad cliché VA, my whole experience was more on the ridiculous side than fun.
The best parts of the game where also before the (WTF ?!) alien world.My opinion wouldn't be that negative if it'd stopped there.

Crysis AI is broken because of a (from the post mortem) design flaw between AI and the animation system.
The animation system was not reactive enough, lagging AI reaction and causing the glitchy behavior i exploited all along the game once i found it, helped with invisibility and others armor's powers.
Coupled with the awfully bad cliché VA, my whole experience was more on the ridiculous side than fun.

They were a little slow at times but far from broken. AI also varies by difficulty and on the highest it can be quite challenging at times. And the VA, while there was certainly a few horrible lines and a few bad performances, was mostly good.

would you prefer old school quake/serious sam scenario where you get locked in the room with lots of enemies spawn and just rush you screming KILLLLL? :rolleyes:.

No. I personally am sick and tired of FPSs, no matter how "advanced" they are. It is the most milked and rehashed genre ever. period. It is time to move on to something more intricate, but we don't see that anytime soon, because there are so many subservient manchildren who will buy the same things over and over again, facilitating the homogenisation and regression of the entire medium.

No. I personally am sick and tired of FPSs, no matter how "advanced" they are. It is the most milked and rehashed genre ever. period. It is time to move on to something more intricate, but we don't see that anytime soon, because there are so many subservient manchildren who will buy the same things over and over again, facilitating the homogenisation and regression of the entire medium.

The same thing can be said about other game genre's as well..

So I kinda looked around at InCrysis.com and found this post saying that crash,on IGNs hands on with Crysis 2,was actually on x360 and not on PC like we first thought.Im very surprised no body here mentioned that icon on desktop,"xbox 360 neighborhood" is actually part of 360 SDK(at least from what this guy is saying).Any truth in that?Was that IQ just a touch to high for 2xAA that most of 360 titles have or is that for real:?:

http://www.incrysis.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=30831&p=3

So I kinda looked around at InCrysis.com and found this post saying that crash,on IGNs hands on with Crysis 2,was actually on x360 and not on PC like we first thought.Im very surprised no body here mentioned that icon on desktop,"xbox 360 neighborhood" is actually part of 360 SDK(at least from what this guy is saying).Any truth in that?Was that IQ just a touch to high for 2xAA that most of 360 titles have or is that for real:?:

http://www.incrysis.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=30831&p=3

Why would the PC then change res from widescreen back to desktops 4:3 resolution when program is minimised with delay due to reallocating VRAM/RAM resources for Win 7 system if just streamed visuals?

Dunno about this (translation).

http://www.gamereactor.se/blog/petter/#167188

The Crysis 2 demo that we got to test at E3 was insanely beautiful. A 360 pad extended from the demo station, an Elite unit was standing next to the screen, and 360 button symbols popped up continuously on screen. Crytek answered "yes" when we asked if it really was the 360 version we played.

That was apparently a lie. I got a mail from one of our old collaborators; he apparently managed to press the Crytek representatives to admit it was the PC version that they demo'd, dressed up as the Xbox 360 version.

"By the way,Crysis 2 was not run on a Xbox 360. They only pretended, when we pressed them a bit (resolution seemed way to high) it was revealed that it was a PC, with Xbox 360-controller..."

Yap...it seems like very tricky situation:???: What also brings doubt in my mind is the fact that their developer confirmed(on crymod.com) that it was 360 version of game showed on E3 and the trailer was running in real time on PC.I dunno,IQ did seem touch to high for consoles if they use MSAA on consoles.Then again alot of devs are now trying their own implantations of AA so maybe Crytek goes for it also...

I don't know how true this is but:

http://www.incrysis.com/forums/viewtopic.php?pid=486290#p486290

The second top icon called 'Xbox 360 Neighborhood' is a portal to play 360 games from the PC hard-drive on an xbox 360 developers kit for debugging purposes. Underneath the 'Xbox 360 Neighborhood' icon are 2 levels, 'CentralStation' and 'terminal', the two (live demo'd) levels we've been privy to thus far.

So the levels were run on an xbox 360 with the developers kit (as the game is not complete) then streamed back into the PC for display.

So Crytek have to resort to cheating to show off the console version, that doesn't bode well at all considering its out in autumn this year.

They should be at the polish stage by now, not being able to demo the actual code at E3 clearly shows it's not up to scratch.

So Crytek have to resort to cheating to show off the console version, that doesn't bode well at all considering its out in autumn this year.

They should be at the polish stage by now, not being able to demo the actual code at E3 clearly shows it's not up to scratch.
Agreed.And it also seems like they are adding 3D...they may bite more than they can chew if they continue like this...or they might surprise us and deliver:LOL:

They are entering Alpha stage.

Also, with their tech allowing them to demo the EXACT Xbox 360 build on the PC without ANY extra work, why wouldn't they demo the more stable version? Why wouldn't they demo the version with better debug tools? Why wouldn't they demo the version with a far easier set up(referring to the actual switching between levels and starting up levels, not setting up the hardware itself)?

There are hundreds of reasons to use the PC. Doesn't make what they showed any less indicative of what the Xbox 360 build of the game looks like considering they are using the EXACT spec, just compiled to run on PC.

Back