[360, PS3] Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Discussion in 'Console Gaming' started by KongRudi, Mar 25, 2009.

1. jb

jb
    Veteran

Hmmm I took this:
    as something to address the inf respawners that you see all the time until you cross some magic point. But maybe I read into that too much.

Wussy :)

2. obonicus

Veteran

There's a quote where an IW dev over on Neogaf said that CoD4 would also have no infinitely respawning enemies. So... yeah, they know it's not the best way, but they want to shoehorn you into an experience, and probably writing good AI isn't worth it considering how enemies are supposed to drop with one or two bullets.

3. jb

jb
    Veteran

Ahhh Thanks for the info. I liked how the use timers and other events to keep us moving. For example in the map No Fighting in the War room, with the timer counting down, it made you move your arse :)

4. infinity4

Veteran

To be honest it didnt make much difference to me even on veteran difficulty. As far as you know enemy spawn patterns you won't have any problemo.

Mile High Club took me only 30 mins to complete once I knew how enemy spawn. I thought it was great because it stretches you to act in certain way.

5. obonicus

Veteran

30 mins for Mile High Club?

But yeah, it's sort of an arcadey time-trial thing to that one mission, makes me sort of wish that more of the game were that way. Maybe it will be, with leaderboards.

6. infinity4

Veteran

I suppose you haven't played that mission on veteran huh? ;)

7. Cheezdoodles

Veteran

Veteran mile high club is more of an annoyance than a testament of skill, just requires patience and memorizing enemy spawns. There are quite many different ways of reaching the final encounter, you can even do it with just throwing flash bangs, not using your lethal weapons at all.

8. nintenho

Veteran

9. the ignoramus

Regular

What have they done to the lighting system, the lighting looks marginally better?
    I cant put my finger on what they've done, but the environments appear to be more uniformly lit. Surely they arent doing GI at 60 fps?:razz:

I've beaten it multiple times....it's sort of fun in an arcadey way, but it can be frustrating. It also really shows how cheap and limited the enemy AI is.
    For example, they seem to have pinpoint accuracy while they're on the move. One even killed me with a burst while he raised his rifle from his hip to his shoulder, it's completely and utterly absurd. No grunt has that kind of speed and accuracy!

#69 the ignoramus, May 23, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2009
  10. TheAlSpark

TheAlSpark Moderator
    Moderator Legend

Baked...

11. obonicus

Veteran

The full trailer is up here:

GT also has it up:
    [gt]49655[/gt]

Looks like they went with the heavy Tom Clancy approach. Personally, I'm curious about the Rio mission (clearly drawn with extensive reference material)... it can't be worse than the one in HAWX (can it?).

#71 obonicus, May 25, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2009
  12. TheAlSpark

TheAlSpark Moderator
    Moderator Legend

ew... PCF & low res shadowmaps (the self-shadow flickering was pretty gross for that one character). :p

13. RobertR1

RobertR1 Pro
    Legend

11.10.09 The most important part of the trailer. I'm excited!

14. phenix

Regular

The trailer itself is exciting and well directed I have to say. One of the best game trailers I have seen for a long time.

15. RenegadeRocks

Legend

The trailer has too many civilians to be a COD trailer :roll: ! Hope they retain the essence of COD (afterall they r IW!)

Graphics , especially lighting, look great ! My PC is waiting for this :)!

16. RenegadeRocks

Legend

17. the ignoramus

Regular

The (scripted) animations looked unbelievable. This is why more devs should strive to run their games at 60 fps, animations look much more fluid and sell the visual experience so well.

18. snarfbot

Regular Newcomer

lol good translation, my favorite line:

"which, when you take it, s on fire flies and where benzineslang then a spinning dervish and injecting a heavy lightning uitkotst. Furthermore, crates and boxes doorzeefd may be, which then fragments to fall thereafter, healed by the laws of gravity and wind, quiet in real time to flutter down."

werd.

game looks awesome tho very excited.

19. Tap In

Legend