The GT5 expectation thread (including preview titles)*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gamespot also reported that it would be free :???:

Well PSU are reporting from gamespot - that's their only source. Prologue is a full game so I doubt it would be free...that sounds like they would be throwing away money, since GT fans would gladly pay for GTPrologue (at a reasonable price) and then fork out for GT5 as well.

Well PSU are reporting from gamespot - that's their only source. Prologue is a full game so I doubt it would be free...that sounds like they would be throwing away money, since GT fans would gladly pay for GTPrologue (at a reasonable price) and then fork out for GT5 as well.

Its a demo, its merely a taster of the FULL game.

If you've watched the video above, then they mention a BluRay release. It's probably going to be like GT4 Prologue, and it may be a half-price game, or come as a download as well for less money. But don't count on too many favors here. I certainly don't expect it to be free now that I've seen how much is in it already.

If Free

If it will be free, probably you can buy extra cars for $5-$10 and extra tracks also. What about buy weather effects? Tires? $2 Suspension upgrades? $2 Transmission upgrades?

I heard a rumor that GT5 Prologue will come bundled with the Dual Shock 3...
I hope so, that will be awesome....
Then Bundle GT5 with the new logitech wheel :)

Maybe they meant free online play in the PSN?

Yeah they've sold Prologue before so why would they give it away now, unless Sony is desperate to stimulate console sales.

Yeah they've sold Prologue before so why would they give it away now, unless Sony is desperate to stimulate console sales.

It could be a different business plan as some has said. e.g., Give the base game away and earn from extra downloads. Such model is pretty successful in Asia. PD can explore this approach because they plan to offer an easier GT physics for the casuals as well. The larger audience helps to make the numbers more viable.

Similarly, their "TV" tab probably requires a larger viewership too. Giving GT:p away helps to build the base quickly. They can always sell GT5 as a full package game later for the enthusiats.

Why would they make a point of that, everyone already knows all online play is free on PS3
Because before there wasn't a means of distribution available like there is now.

I recall from previous conferences that Prologue will be a free PSN download. Any blu-ray release of Prologue will obviously not be free. Perhaps that's where the confusion lies?

I recall from previous conferences that Prologue will be a free PSN download. Any blu-ray release of Prologue will obviously not be free. Perhaps that's where the confusion lies?
Phil H reiterates "it's not a demo, it's a full game", so I doubt it. As Kazunori Yamauchi says "we won't offer pay DL contents for GT5P" it's likely that the base game is not free.

Having never played a console game at 60fps before...

This is an odd statement, at least to me.

You must have played at least 1 game that runs at 60fps?

Loads of titles on the PS2 ran at 60fps. A few GC and Xbox games too.

Plenty of Arcade games, also.

The GT Concept demo you can download for FREE on the Playstation Network runs at 60fps as did GT4 and GT3.

I assume stuff like Geometry Wars runs at 60fps aswell.

Soul Calibur on the DC ran at 60fps, hell most DC games did.

Not many 32bit era games come to mind. Tobal had a 60fps mode, I think the first Formula 1 game on the PSOne did too. Don't know about N64 and Saturn titles.

Having never played a console game at 60fps before...

... would GT5 need motion blur... or since its 60fps it should be fine without it?

No need for motion blur @ 60fps. I do not believe you, when you say you have never played a 60fps game before thought, are you sure??

Seriously, GT5 is delivering 4x the pixels as everyone else? I thought games like Forza 2 were running at ~720p, 60fps. Or was he talking about other PS3 racers?

Forza 2 is 720p@60fps@2xAA.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is an odd statement, at least to me.

You must have played at least 1 game that runs at 60fps?

I do not believe you, when you say you have never played a 60fps game before thought, are you sure??

Sorry guys, the correct statement should have been "I dont think I've played any racing games at 60fps that does not have motion blur."

Sorry, I didnt mean to offend any console/games. I only own a PS2 and Xbox. I might have missed a game. Were any of these 60fps... GT3/4, Forza1, Rallisport Challenge 1/2, PGR2, V8 Supercars, WRC?

Waiting for GT5 before buying PS3... waiting for 65nm CPU core before buying Xbox360. (mostly a PC gamer:D )

GT3 and GT4 are 60fps. No motion blur in there while driving, although there are a fair bit of effects in replay mode (which is still at 60fps in those games afaik).

Sorry guys, the correct statement should have been "I dont think I've played any racing games at 60fps that does not have motion blur."

Sorry, I didnt mean to offend any console/games. I only own a PS2 and Xbox. I might have missed a game. Were any of these 60fps... GT3/4, Forza1, Rallisport Challenge 1/2, PGR2, V8 Supercars, WRC?

Waiting for GT5 before buying PS3... waiting for 65nm CPU core before buying Xbox360. (mostly a PC gamer:D )

GT3/4, Rallisport 1/2 are 60fps, v8 supercars are 60fps. Only Forza and PGR2 are 30fps.

Yeah, the Burnout series is a good example. Though admittedly, I see the motion blur as more of a distraction and seems to make it look slower (with exception that the car is going faster when boosting). 60 fps without blur is the way to go IMO.

Test Drive Unlimited (PC version, I think the 360 is 30fps?) has a nice motion blur effect at the side of the screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back