World Cup 2006

It would be a great way for Zizou to finish his career.

This is true but on Sunday France may have to pay back its karma debt for the half hour of stoppage time they were gifted in the Euro 2000 final :LOL:

My prediction is Italy - France is going to be even more of a boring game than France-Portugal. Both defenses are going to clamp down on everything, and its going to be basically luck that wins it (or one of the stars making a miracle happen) or else come down to penalty kicks.

Worse, it might actually be decided by who flops the most and ends up getting red carded.

I doubt you will see that sort of match. Semis are always the hardest step and stress is high.
France wanted to win before prolongations, and avoid yellow cards to have all the team for the final: mission accomplished.

BTW i heard that zidane will make a training session for english players: How to score a penalty :devilish:

nAo said:
are you living in an alternate universe? we attacked all the time, we ruled the first half, we deserved to win.
I think he was talking more about reputation than that particular game. Italy has a very strong defense and they simply use that.
And yes, you did win deservedly. :)

I can't wait for the final! And i don't even like football!!

I'll be in Paris (for work) on sunday so i'll be watching the final there, couldn't ask for anything better, Italy vs France in Paris will be fab! As long as i come home alive after we kick their asses :LOL:

nAo said:
Nooo, non gufare!! vengo a Parigi e ti spezzo le braccineeeee :devilish:
How funny that would sound if it was literally translated in English :D
Something like:"No, don't owl! I'll come to Paris and break your lil' arms". :p

Disclaimer: I'm an aussie.

THE BATTLE OF THE DIVERS!!!!!!

Which team will dive best?
Does he who dives last dive best?
Will the game be abandoned because so many players are sent off for diving?

We shall all find out soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
xxx : The Predictor

About Brazil:
_xxx_ said:
They're all still holding back and saving the energy for the more important games, so they'll all just try to shoot a goal and take it home and nothing more yet. They'll start really playing as soon as eliminations start.
About Australia:
_xxx_ said:
But what if Aussies should win the championship? ;)
About Brazil, again:
_xxx_ said:
I still think that Brazil didn't even bother really playing yet. I'm pretty sure, axtually.
Now about Italy:
_xxx_ said:
I'm inclined to think that Italy will win.

I think it's safe to assume that Match Result = (_xxx_ prediction)*-1. :p

By the way I just skimmed through the whole thread and all I can say is that there's a lot of Crow waiting to be served with a side of lettuce. And that's really an understatement! :LOL:

Back