Fortnite Festival, LEGO Fortnite, Fortnite Rocket Racing

Scott_Arm

Legend

Fortnite will have three new games, a music rhythm game from Harmonix, the makers of Rock Band, a racing game from Psyonix, the makers of Rocket League, and a LEGO branded survival crafting open-world adventure called LEGO Fortnite.

There were reveals of these games within the fortnite event that happened today.

LEGO Fortnite December 7th
Fortnite Rocket Racing December 8th
Fortnite Festival December 9th

Last edited:
I hate to be that guy, I guess I'm old or something but: Does anyone else here not give a single F about playing fortnite? Am I just turning into a curmudgeon?

I hate to be that guy, I guess I'm old or something but: Does anyone else here not give a single F about playing fortnite? Am I just turning into a curmudgeon?
I'm sure there are folks here that enjoy it, I have no interest in playing it. Even less interest in all the social events and metaverse stuff they're doing in Fortnite as well.

Fortnite started as a BR "for kids." It earned that reputation by having cartoony stylized graphics and emotes, which I guess adult gamers hate. It ironically transformed into probably the most difficult and complex competitive game that's ever existed.

To combat that they've been building on the creative side to allow game modes that are beginner friendly, or designed explicitly for children (like Roblox). Zero Build mode was added for the old gamers that can't keep up with building. Now you have a total conversion LEGO mode which will basically be a Valheim style game in the theme of LEGO. It's a completely different game mode. Rocket Racing is a track racer made by the Psyonix team. Fortnite Festival is a rhythm game with licensed music. Again, a totally different game available within fortnite. This stuff is available in days, so we'll see how it is.

If you want a game that has an enormous skill gap, you've got it. If you want a game that's easy to pick up and play, they've got it. If you want a game that's casual and easy, they've got it. Etc.

Map is procedurally generated and 20 times larger than the BR map. Apparently an enormous amount of Lego brick types for building. Apparently 10,000 brick types. Has hunger, temperature and player death that can be turned on/off for your world.

Last edited:
Fortnite started as a BR "for kids." It earned that reputation by having cartoony stylized graphics and emotes, which I guess adult gamers hate. It ironically transformed into probably the most difficult and complex competitive game that's ever existed.

To combat that they've been building on the creative side to allow game modes that are beginner friendly, or designed explicitly for children (like Roblox). Zero Build mode was added for the old gamers that can't keep up with building. Now you have a total conversion LEGO mode which will basically be a Valheim style game in the theme of LEGO. It's a completely different game mode. Rocket Racing is a track racer made by the Psyonix team. Fortnite Festival is a rhythm game with licensed music. Again, a totally different game available within fortnite. This stuff is available in days, so we'll see how it is.

If you want a game that has an enormous skill gap, you've got it. If you want a game that's easy to pick up and play, they've got it. If you want a game that's casual and easy, they've got it. Etc.
Actually, this helps me tremendously. Your reading of the situation is exactly correct for me: I only ever caught the "for kids" multiplayer twitch shooter vibes from it and then never looked at it since. I'm not a multiplayer twitch gamer in the slightest... However if they've opened up the play styles to as many other options as you describe, then it sounds like I should give it another look. Thank you!

Actually, this helps me tremendously. Your reading of the situation is exactly correct for me: I only ever caught the "for kids" multiplayer twitch shooter vibes from it and then never looked at it since. I'm not a multiplayer twitch gamer in the slightest... However if they've opened up the play styles to as many other options as you describe, then it sounds like I should give it another look. Thank you!

People can create their own game modes. They're still usually variations of shooters, but there's a ton of stuff. Their are platforming modes and all kinds of stuff, but the primary popular ones are twitchy shooter games. The Lego fortnite, rocket racing and fortnite festival are all official modes. Since they expanded to Unreal Engine for Fortnite people can make total conversions and I'm pretty sure they can actually get paid if their modes are popular enough. They're essentially trying to compete with Roblox in terms of variety of content being created.

Anything building is a nightmare for new players. The skill gap is too big.

Zero build is a more standard BR without the building mechanics.

Leaks are showing that Fortnite Rocket Racing will have 30-40 tracks of varying difficulties. Seems like some skins from Rocket League transfer over. Cinematic trailer releases tonight.

So rocket racing is a drifting game. Drift to build up boost, can store three boost charges, you can chain two boosts if you time it. Straightening up out of a drift gives you a boost. The longer you drift the more boost you get. You can jump and tap jump to keep going further. You can stick to walls and the ceiling to avoid obstacles. I think it's okay, nothing new really

I don't know about this one. Gameplay looks super simplistic. It's made by Harmonix, but doesn't seem to come anywhere near as interesting as the old music games with those plastic instruments.

Back