World Cup 2006

epicstruggle said:
i want to find out what the italian player said to zidane.

epic

My first thoughts too... what if the Italian player swore at his mother or something? Still not a good reaction from Zidane.

Anyway.. well done to the Italian's - you fall over a little too much but boy-o-boy you have a strong defence.

He went away à la Cantona. Respect!
And, no he won't be remembered just for a red card at the end of the Extra Time, don't be silly. It overshadows what should have been a great end of career, but that's it.

That said, the topic is World Cup 2006, so keep on topic, folks, let's not discuss about the matches that did compose this WC, it's OT, let's talk about the WC organization, about the warm welcome Germany displayed, whatever, but's let's definitely not derail this thread by talking about the matches, especially the final.

:p

I hate watching the better team lose, especially at such a high level.

Italy played like absolute crap for the last 50 minutes. If only Zidane put that header a bit more to the side. It was such a sweet play.

That penalty kick off the crossbar was heartbreaking. Literally millimetres would have been enough to make it bounce down inside the line instead of outside.

Yep, I hate penalty kicks in general. Same BS happened to England. Its silly ending a match with russian roulette.

(I liked the headbutt though, hilarious)

If he wanted to do damage he wouldnt have headbutted his chest.... but he looked like a damn bull charging. I am still annoyed at him - I think that move cost France the match and world cup. Losing Zidane in the last few minutes must have been demoralising to the extreme.

Or it could have been the fact that Italy took some good penalties for once. Damn penalties.

pwned

Vysez said:

:mrgreen:

looks like zidane left Football for a new sport:

zidane.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Mintmaster said:

Italy played like absolute crap for the last 50 minutes. If only Zidane put that header a bit more to the side. It was such a sweet play.

So far this year the team that played the better football over 90 mins hasn't won;

The FA Cup in England
The European Champions League
The World Cup

hmm

Mintmaster said:
The better team always wins. :p Anyway, I wonder what Mattarazzi said to Zidane to make him lose his calm, must've been really bad.

See, sometimes my guesses are right too... :)

Congrats Italy!!!

Zidane was utterly stupid with that action, BTW.

Congratulations to the Azzurri!

PatrickL said:
BTW i heard that zidane will make a training session for english players: How to score a penalty :devilish:

That would be great! (but I'm not sure we're so interested in his course of seminars on anger management! :devilish:)

so much for never using video evidence though,

lippi is saying that the 4th/5th official looked at video replays before telling the ref what had happened.. that *isnt* right.. you can't just have an ad-hoc use or not use of a replay.

bang out of order though..... but what *did* he say!

mind you 5/5 pens,, can't knock that :-O

Maybe Zidane can take up a post-football career as a wrecking ball? One swift headbutt to knock down even the sturdiest of buildings...

davefb said:
bang out of order though..... but what *did* he say!
I've read that those who reviewed the tape trying to read Materazzi's lips report his words to be:"Fai il fenomeno dai... sì sì fai il fenomeno" ("C'mon, be a phenomenon...yeah, yeah, be a phenomenon").

Back