[PS3] Eight Days *cancelled*

Hmm, interesting comment in that article:

Oh, by the way, the game the BBC reporter saw was a new ‘Tears of Blood’ game.
(modified after correction)

GIANT pinch of salt..

However the article DOES seem to be alot more detailed than one would expect for it to be a complete crock of FUD..

I'll have to stretch my investigative tendrils of snooping & see if I can find out a bit about what's going on down in that soho studio..

With Resistance 2 looking sweet and running at 60fps I have no trouble believing a game can look better than Killzone 2.

Killzone 2 will probably also look beter when its released. Im not impressed with all these game X will be the next best thing rumors. We all already have seen some very impressive games that are going to be released this year. So show me these new games or I wont care.

Who says?

Certainly not Insomniac who aer on record as saying every PS3 game they do from R&C onwards will be 60fps.

Gotta say Im curious as to why they used a USMC zippo in the video. I know its old, but how they ran around without getting shot, while getting shot at with semi or auto's looked stupid. They used a 1911 and shot everyone.

Where exactly did they say that?
I keep hearing a podcast, but no specifics.

Yes, they themselves said it. I think it was in their Full Moon show, but it was also mentioned elsewhere.

New trailer

jimjagger (5 days ago) said:
Yes. I was the animation director for this game - until it was cancelled.

DrepDenik1 (2 days ago) said:
Did they tell you why it was cancelled?

jimjagger (2 days ago) said:
I think the official comment was that the London studio decided to shift its focus from 'hard core' games to 'lifestyle' games and that Eight Days did not fit into the budget for the next financial year.

To be honest, it would have been easier to accept it's cancellation if the game wasn't very good.

It's a shame that they cancelled it.

It's cruel to bump this thread.

A lot (some?) of people had high hopes for this. I have no idea why - seeing as it was just a concept (and a flimsy one at that!).

Having said that, if it had been a big budget title with gameplay like that hinted at in the trailer I would've been interested... :(

I have to agree though - that animation was looking pretty slick (although in a very closed environment).

I think the movement is compatible with Uncharted. If they continue to share idea and code, we may see a variant of this in that game.

This guy's a sleazy looking cop; intriguing. But I'm always intrigued by things I can't have (slider, don't look in that box...).

I had thought it was just a reel of animation - as the guy was the animation director - but it's been pointed out to me that it doesn't look like a simple showcase of animation (the animation isn't entirely smooth).

Seems as if there were elements of a game engine there. And Yoshida had said it was cancelled before it had really begun.

What a little fiasco this is.
Not only did Sony use these games to sell people on the PS3, Phil Harrison was using Getaway tech demos for pro-Cell PR, going on about the Getaway representing the kind of visual fidelity the consumer would come to expect of PS3 games. And now Sony have cancelled both games, a move I do not understand.
They have repeatedly stated they are moving away from third party support (in the midst of losing two of their biggest third party exclusives) and will rely heavily on internally developed games, yet they go out and shitcan two of their own big projects in favour of some casual fluff.

Back