[PS3] Eight Days *cancelled*

This is so obviously CGI...

No real-time parts at all, just a few gameplay-like shots a la KZ, with a fake HUD on top.

Again I hope the final game looks like that (not knowing if it is real or not). What I see does look nice though. Animation is great.

I was correct ;) I was the first person to say the destructable car demo from GDC was from the same location as the E3 05 Gas station demo. Damn im good :)

so can anyone tell me whether this is real time or CGI? because i couldnt tell due to the smooth transision from active to passive sequences.

Part of it make me believe it's realtime, but than there are those CG like sequences ... really, no idea, but based on the realtime demos shown using the same setting, maybe it really is realtime and that would be impressive.

Fredi

I think all ideas of realtime and CG should be forgotten until we see the games in action. PR these days mixes everything up so there's no way of knowing.

It might be using In-Game assets but the video looks like prerendered CG to me.

Stillmatic said:
Here's the Gamespot HD footage

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=08JFEDQV

Some of you should be able to tell if it's pre-r'd or realtime from this, but i still can't :)

Though i think everything excluding the character models could potentioally be real-time assets.

Wow. I can really see the driving shooting thing being real and the shooting and ducking behind cars thing being real. Real as in "in-game assets" or sped up footage a la Heavenly Sword.

Stillmatic said:
Whoa thanks for that. great freaking video.

I think I have to agree with Vysez on this, ingame assets with some prerendered CG touches. Although I think the gas station explosion and the deformation on the cars is entirely possible, It's the smoothness of the animation that makes it look pre-rendered.

I say the gas station explosion at the end is possible because its really been a year since the last gas station explosion demo, and to think there wouldnt be some amazing improvements in 12 months would be stupid to say that.

And obviously the cars deforming with full physics is possible in my mind, well, basically because its already been shown in the GDC demo.

If the gas tanker sliding into the gas station was real...then I'd say this is definately my number one wanted game. Wish we had confirmation from some devs about the trailer.

pre-rendered or not, one thing is certain, the trailer was stunning and fun to watch.

edit: noticed something odd, before he jumps through the window he has 14 bullets left on the HUD, when he lands in the diner, he suddenly has 12. I'm more sure its pre-rendered now, most likely with ingame assets.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bad_Boy said:
If the gas tanker sliding into the gas station was real...then I'd say this is definately my number one wanted game. Wish we had confirmation from some devs about the trailer.

pre-rendered or not, one thing is certain, the trailer was stunning and fun to watch.
Just a general note.
Does it matter if a sequence like the gas station explosion is realtime or not, as it likely won't be in any way interactive if it were.
For us (technically oriented nerds) it does, but to the general public... they couldn't care less as long as it looks cool.

If all of Eight Days trailer was realtime, then the game must feature a lot of "Quick Time" style gameplay. Only the driving/shooting part, and the shooting/dodging behind parked cars seemed like fully controllable gameplay.
I think most of it was realtime, and a lot of it just slightly interactive "QT" type moments.
A week ago I would have said all of it is prerendered, but after some confirmet realtime game demos this E3 I've had a change of mind :)

rabidrabbit said:
If all of Eight Days trailer was realtime, then the game must feature a lot of "Quick Time" style gameplay. Only the driving/shooting part, and the shooting/dodging behind parked cars seemed like fully controllable gameplay.
I think most of it was realtime, and a lot of it just slightly interactive "QT" type moments.
A week ago I would have said all of it is prerendered, but after some confirmet realtime game demos this E3 I've had a change of mind :)

Yeah that's exactly what I thought. It seems this game is going after a RE4 type cinematic (but you will play through it personally) kind of approach.

rabidrabbit said:
Just a general note.
Does it matter if a sequence like the gas station explosion is realtime or not, as it likely won't be in any way interactive if it were.
For us (technically oriented nerds) it does, but to the general public... they couldn't care less as long as it looks cool.
Well if the gas tanker sliding into the gas station was/is realtime, then imagine the gameplay possibilities. With those amount of physics in play, imagine when your just playing, shooting and blowing stuff up, everytime you play it will almost everytime lead to a different reaction.

Say you were messing around (gta style), parked 2-3 cars infront of the gas station before the tanker came, would that change the outcome of the ending explosion? Say one of the missions was to drive a gas tanker like that, Imagine if you intentionally crashed into something else.

What if?

Really, the gameplay possibilities would be endless with those type of extreme physics in real time.

Back