Heavenly Sword update (E3 cometh..)

mj77 said:
I dont think I have seen this being posted here before. It's a 7 minute gameplay demonstration.

http://www.playsyde.com/news_3004_en.html

I found this posted on psinext thanks to teeda. I downloaded the 366 mb one and I must say this has to be the best looking video game I have seen to date. The clarity in this video is great. You can see everything from the crisp textures to the shadows casted on each of the individual characters. I mean truly this game has amazing lightng and the animation is by far the best I have seen yet from any videogame. Ninjatheory has really done an amazing job. Congrats guys!

My last question kind of got disregarded do to all the hype and excitement form e3 so I am just going to post it again. I was wondering if you could give us an update as to how the massive outdoor battle scenes are coming along? Also at what framerates is the game currently running at(both massive areas and smaller like the e3 demo)?

Umm Wow :LOL:

mj77 said:
I dont think I have seen this being posted here before. It's a 7 minute gameplay demonstration.

http://www.playsyde.com/news_3004_en.html

I found this posted on psinext thanks to teeda. I downloaded the 366 mb one and I must say this has to be the best looking video game I have seen to date. The clarity in this video is great. You can see everything from the crisp textures to the shadows casted on each of the individual characters. I mean truly this game has amazing lightng and the animation is by far the best I have seen yet from any videogame. Ninjatheory has really done an amazing job. Congrats guys!

My last question kind of got disregarded do to all the hype and excitement form e3 so I am just going to post it again. I was wondering if you could give us an update as to how the massive outdoor battle scenes are coming along? Also at what framerates is the game currently running at(both massive areas and smaller like the e3 demo)?
DL'ing now (thank goodness for high speed internet at work). The pics on the page look amazing though. I am looking forward to this game.

Ooooooh looks quite pretty. How many combinations of moves are there? After a while my co-workers and I were like: Hey we say that move already!

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's a pic of Deano

145647629_3fcf97dde1_b.jpg

I can agree with everyone and restate that Heavenly Sword is teh best looking video game I have ever seen done in that style... The TLC that NT gave this game deserves to be rewarded with both critical and financial success... the animation is basically UNPARALLELED.

The next time we hear from Deano and nAo I would love to hear about the animation engine they used and what it consists of. Honestly they could license it and make some very serious dough as well as move the bar up on every machine (PS3, X360, PC).

My thoughts on the game (for what they are worth). The game itself is really good for this type, arguably the best. The animations are top notch (the flowing hair looks cool!) and the moves she performs are awesome! As far as the graphics go they are really good but I don't think they are as great as I thought they would be by reading some of the comments in this thread. In "my" opinion Gears Of Wars has much better graphics but lacks the frame rate.

Just Wow! HS is shaping up well and it's sure looking good. Anyway, so far NT did do a good job.

!eVo!-X Ant UK said:
Here's a pic of Deano

From my blog by the way. :)

I'm constantly getting screwed across the net on photo credits. Next thing you know someone's going to be saying I stole the shot from elsewhere; except this time, I'll have Deano himself to back me up. :p

Great guy in real life by the way.

Whoa! The gameplay arenas dont look like whats in that video but I tell you what... If they could pull that off real-time in-game... I see Heavenly Sword RPG destroying all comers this generation... Particularly the scene going up the stairs to the temple... Phe-freakin-nomenal!

Graphically they look the same. I think what sets this new video apart from the e3 demo is what this scenery offers(vegetation, water, mountains etc).

I'm floored by the greatness of this game!. I had reasonably high expectations before E3 after reading it about it here and comments by some of the devs but seeing it running live on E3 has just got me completely floored.

This is going to be the first game I get for the PS3. I'm buying two copies, one for gaming and one to be framed and hung on the wall.

I think it is. Stop the video at 0.16 and take a look at the bush to the right.
Maybe not gameplay realtime, but cutscene realtime.

mj77 said:
Graphically they look the same. I think what sets this new video apart from the e3 demo is what this scenery offers(vegetation, water, mountains etc).

Stylistically they look the same. Graphically... nah but they are still a cut above most of what is and will currently be available

It'd sure be nice if we could have certain people on these forums confirm/deny whether this is realtime or not. However having seen crysis is it that much of a stretch to think this is real time as well?

Graphically/technically what does this video have that the demo didn't have? The textures, lighting etc everythign seem the same with this one ofcoarse showing bigger environments.

Back