Supposedly real design of Xbox 360

Status
Not open for further replies.
Closeup:

Edit: Imageshack removed it (??) Marconelly posted it again a few posts down

It is very consistent with earlier information on the design, and doesn't seem horribly fake, so I think that it is the real deal. I have been wrong before, however :oops:

Its neat.

dual fans ?

if it is true and the r500 is on 90nm and only at 500mhz or so it may not need active cocoling

Sites such as EndGadget has the image.

You know you can already estimate the final size of the thing. The size of the disc tray can be approximated. So I just saved an image of it, scaled the size up to an estimate of the disc tray size - the width of a disc should fit the disc tray. Final size is about ~280% of the Endgadget image. About 30cm x 8cm. Get your rulers. Note that my experiement obviusly can't produce the 'width'(or 'height') of the box.

That's one BIG power button. About the size of those big volumn dials on some AV equipment. This may be a like it or don't issue.

No controller ports right? Wireless controllers!

I like it...

But they really need to put at least 2 USB ports on front and at least 4 total on the unit. Meh... still looks very nice.

Nicest home console design yet IMO. Sleek, techie, no really ugly marks, will look nice next to a nice TV or Monitor... just smooth and clean. I liked my N64, and the PS was pretty cool, but this says "Home Electronics" as much as it says "Game System". I like.

Alstrong said:
jvd said:
dual fans ?

if it is true and the r500 is on 90nm and only at 500mhz or so it may not need active cocoling

The fans shown in the ourcolony picture.

http://www.beyond3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=22231&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=20

But are those fans from the Dev unit or the Home console unit?

Hmmm now that I look at those fans they do not look too big. Compare them to the parts on the circuit board... they are not small, but not huge either. I wonder how fast those fans move...

Question: how do you load a game sideways? (never owned a PS2) Does the disc fit into a...thing like in laptop CD drives?

Need to have the grips showing on there. It looks like a good case for slippage at the moment. :p

edit: I guess it looks like they might be packing things very tightly then.

It's already been stated in multiple places that there are two usb ports in the front, and one in back; so either under that 'door' on the bottom lies the usb ports, or this is not the real design.

But it looks nice, I'll give it that regardless. ;)

Alstrong said:
Question: how do you load a game sideways? (never owned a PS2) Does the disc fit into a...thing like in laptop CD drives?

Need to have the grips showing on there. It looks like a good case for slippage at the moment. :p

Usually they sit in the track and kind of just "sit" vertically in the tray. I have had PC ones like that (internal and external) and you just pop them in. I imagine the PS2 is the same.

The fact this shot shows the system can go vertical is cool IMO. Flexibility is good... would make a nice small PC ;)

Or Mac.... :oops:

Well, I guess there must be two usb ports concealed under that door in front then, because I have to admit, after that second picture with the hard drive 'bay,' the evidence is beginning to seem overwhelming.

Is anyone else disappointed that the wireless controllers are using IR instead of Wavebird style RC? Its really nice being able to play with obstructions and from some distance away.

Bohdy said:
Is anyone else disappointed that the wireless controllers are using IR instead of Wavebird style RC? Its really nice being able to play with obstructions and from some distance away.

Who says the controllers are IR? Maybe the IR is just for the remote control? It seems to me bluetooth would be the obvious choice for the controllers.

Bohdy said:

How do you come to this conclusion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back