Supposedly real design of Xbox 360

Status
Not open for further replies.
That little port on the lower left looks like an XBOX 1 controller port. :D The only thing I don't like is that the picture isn't detailed/lit enough for me to see inside it. (I just looked at my XBOX and it's the same size and shape outside, but there is a horizontal bar on the top side of the hole, I just can't see in this pic if there is one like it or not in there.) If it were USB you would figure it would be square. Hopefully it's not just some Eyetoy type of thing. o_O

The memory unit slots on the X360 don't look compatible with the old units, but if they were to include even 1 controller slot for XBOX 1, that would be solved. (giving you 2 mem card slots to use.) As far as using more than one controller on XBOX 1 games, you'd probably just use an XBOX 360 controller for players 2-4. What do you all think of my theory. :?:

hmm I guess it seems a lot of the rumors could be true? for once!

I really liked teh idea of changing the way it looks. I am curious how much can you change.I just wish the front had a small LCD readout.

I think its sexy.... I really really like that design. !! superb. I seem to be the only one here who thinks that... I dont care... its lovely !!

Psikotiko said:
Umm, well, the top is all blurry for no reason. Kind of looks fake to me at least. And the logo on the green round thingie on the top is upside down when it's standing up, wtf is up with that? :LOL:

Iron Tiger said:
I don't think Bluetooth is a very good tech for controllers. The software interfacing is generally unintuitive (so it's gonna get limited adoption on other platforms), the range is too limited, there's too much overhead which adds lag, and MS could probably save money by going with another RF format.

what about wireless USB? that's supposed to be on the horizon is it not? http://www.usb.org/wusb/home

edit - and here an article saying it should be out very soon http://www.pcworld.com/resource/article/0,aid,120386,pg,1,RSS,RSS,00.asp

certainly a possibility i guess.

doh.. sorry just saw that aaaaa00 has mentioned wireless USB...

I don't know, maybe its just me but I am just a bit more concerned about whats "IN" the box than how the box "looks".

Like I said, maybe thats just me though. :rolleyes:

xbdestroya said:
I think that Sony will have done really well if they beat the looks of this design, because this is a tough design to beat it seems.
Looks at PSP, SDM-95P LCD monitor and this thing linked above...

If I were you, that would be the least of my worries... :p

marconelly! said:
xbdestroya said:
I think that Sony will have done really well if they beat the looks of this design, because this is a tough design to beat it seems.
Looks at PSP, SDM-95P LCD monitor and this thing linked above...

If I were you, that would be the least of my worries... :p

Then you look at the PS2 design and say...WTF??? :LOL:

BTW anybody know why there needs to be two memory card slots? That's like having two floppy drives, it's so 90's... :oops:

Then you look at the PS2 design and say...WTF???
I was looking at recent products/designs. PS2 is five years old, and it was pretty impressive looking when it appeared. Don't take my word on it, I remember it got quite a bit of praise in some European design magazines I used to have back then.

Hell, it still looks prety good:
pearl_white.jpg

Not to forget PSOne and PSTwo, both of which look really good too.

BTW anybody know why there needs to be two memory card slots? That's like having two floppy drives, it's so 90's...
It's not bad when you want to copy your save files to your friends memory card. Other than that, I've never seen much use for two slots.

PR shots with varying camera angles to hide ugly design features tend to make lots of things look nice when in reality they look pretty ugly. PS2 looks pretty damn ugly when horizontal and the stand isn't something that is included. When vertical it looks ok not great requiring a stand. It's like saying the GCN will look a lot better if mounted on a speaker stand which it does as a matter of fact. ;)

Of course when you release them in different colors, they tend to look better. For example GCN looks pretty damn ugly in purple but platinum makes it look a lot better. I wouldn't write home about PS2's industrial design.

And regarding the memory slots, why not just have one and copy to RAM then copy back? Like I said it's like having two floppy drives, who needs it?

PR shots with varying camera angles to hide ugly design features tend to make lots of things look nice when in reality they look pretty ugly. PS2 looks pretty damn ugly when horizontal and the stand isn't something that is included. When vertical it looks ok not great requiring a stand. It's like saying the GCN will look a lot better if mounted on a speaker stand which it does as a matter of fact.
Aaaanyways.... I was comparing recent designs. That was my point. I threw PS2 and PSOne into the mix just because I felt those two still look pretty good even today after five years, but are obviously in no way indicative of what to expect today.

And regarding the memory slots, why not just have one and copy to RAM then copy back? Like I said it's like having two floppy drives, who needs it?
The better example would be that you are playing, say a fighting game with your friend, and he brought his characters on his card. As you are playing, the win/lose ratio and character updates are saved on both yours and his card. Sure, this still could be all done through one slot, but it makes it somewhat more convenient this way.

Well of course it's convenient in rare cases just like it's convenient to have two floppy drives when you want to copy from one floppy to another, but why waste money implementing iffy legacy design choices?

If you look at this image

http://home.comcast.net/~pocketfudge/xbox360.jpg

and then these two images (one of which looks as if it's an updated version of the other)

http://media.teamxbox.com/games/ss/1141/1114229643.jpg (Updated version of image below)

http://media.teamxbox.com/dailyposts/xbox360/rumor/xbox360.jpg

you can see certain aspects of each design are missing, for example in the vertical image of the console, if you look at the top of the image (which would correspond to the "Left" side of the system), you notice that the button is missing completely, as well as the LED light that is shown in the above images)

this either means fake, or there are 3 different, unfinished designs in these 3 images

Edit: Also the font on the "Memory Unit" ports is different in the first, and 2nd images

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back