Unreleased Penny Arcade Xbox 2 Rumors Strip

hey69

i have a monster
Veteran
http://pictures.xbox-scene.com/xbox360/penny/Xbox+2+Rumors+Redux.jpg

the pic is very big so i put the link here

some comments:

>> From Ozymandias' Blog (alias Andre Vrignaud, Microsoft's Director of Technical Strategy for Xbox Live):

Thought you guys might get a kick out of this strip the Penny Arcade guys did for us as a favor a few years back. At the time, we had a small team working on "Xenon", or what would eventually become the Xbox 360. It was a great time - there were tons of random rumors swirling around the web, and I can't tell you how much fun it was to read everyone's theories on what we were up to.

Anyway, after Xenon was greenlit an Xbox-wide meeting was planned where Robbie would detail our plans and get all the internal teams focused on the the project. This was to be the internal "big bang" meeting, and we thought it would be pretty cool to see if Penny Arcade might be willing to do a strip that we could distribute with the meeting announcement. I'm pleased to say that they agreed to do us this favor, and the strip you see here was the result. The only "guidance" we gave was that we were looking for a strip about Xbox 2 rumors - that's it. As such, everything you see and read is classic Penny Arcade. Even though it's not an official part of their canon, I have to say I love how it turned out. The writing is dead-on (as usual), and Gabe's color work is some of the best he's ever done.

Back