Microsoft upset over leaked images of the 360

UKt@xman said:
and wasn't aware that this had been discussed (to death?) previously.
PS2's build quality (or lack thereof) is a popular thrashing point on forums the world over. I've never had trouble, nor known anyone have trouble with them (friends, friends-of-friends, workmates-of-friends, etc.). I hear lots of people in my position too, living in a world of reliable Sony gaming platforms. Yet on the other hand, you get people posting saying how they and everyone they know are on their fourth PS2s 'coz the things keep breaking.

I've no idea what the reality of reliability is, but careful research suggests a high probability of localised geomagnetic flux, VLF frequency interference, or atmospheric cosmic-ray transduction in effect for pockets of multiple-failed-PS2s to exist. Either that or certain people are jinxed and trash their friend's electronics just by knowing them!

Shifty Geezer said:
UKt@xman said:
PS2's build quality (or lack thereof) is a popular thrashing point on forums the world over. I've never had trouble, nor known anyone have trouble with them (friends, friends-of-friends, workmates-of-friends, etc.). I hear lots of people in my position too, living in a world of reliable Sony gaming platforms. Yet on the other hand, you get people posting saying how they and everyone they know are on their fourth PS2s 'coz the things keep breaking.

I've no idea what the reality of reliability is, but careful research suggests a high probability of localised geomagnetic flux, VLF frequency interference, or atmospheric cosmic-ray transduction in effect for pockets of multiple-failed-PS2s to exist. Either that or certain people are jinxed and trash their friend's electronics just by knowing them!

I'm in the same position of having a flawless launch PS2.

I never bring this up, but when people talk about there 'broken' systems and such, the first thing I want to ask is if they are heavy smokers.

It came to me as I was visiting a friend of mine in New York over a weekend, who smokes a lot period, and smokes a lot of marijuana as well. Their apartment is not very large, nor well ventilated, and as you might know the smoke from these things can sort of 'coat' what it lands on. These people have gone through three XBoxes and two Playstaion 2''s - it would blow my mind if there was no correlation.

As for me, I don't smoke at all, and all my optical drives of any sort, whether console or otherwise have always performed flawlessly. An off-beat theroy, I know, but I thought I'd present it.

xbdestroya said:
Shifty Geezer said:
UKt@xman said:

I'm in the same position of having a flawless launch PS2.

I never bring this up, but when people talk about there 'broken' systems and such, the first thing I want to ask is if they are heavy smokers.

It came to me as I was visiting a friend of mine in New York over a weekend, who smokes a lot period, and smokes a lot of marijuana as well. Their apartment is not very large, nor well ventilated, and as you might know the smoke from these things can sort of 'coat' what it lands on. These people have gone through three XBoxes and two Playstaion 2''s - it would blow my mind if there was no correlation.

As for me, I don't smoke at all, and all my optical drives of any sort, whether console or otherwise have always performed flawlessly. An off-beat theroy, I know, but I thought I'd present it.
Nope, I don't smoke, the thing just sits there under the TV in me bedroom! I'm thinking it might be because I don't use it often enough and leave games in the tray - I only really play the odd session of GT3 when I find the time, so the GT3 disc stays in the tray all the time. As I'm only really into racing games, I only actually own a couple of other PS2 games (ICO & PES3).
I didn't mean to stir up a ruckus regarding PS2 reliability - I'm normally a PC kinda guy, so don't normally frequent the console forums, but I got a tad excitable about the 360, so was gagging for some concrete info. :D

UKt@xman said:
Nope, I don't smoke, the thing just sits there under the TV in me bedroom

Well I wasn't accusing you by any means, don't worry abotu that, I was just raising my own personal observations concernign other situations. :)

Back