CYBERPUNK 2077 [PC Specific Patches and Settings]

Now playing at 1080p dlss performance with path tracing, upscaled to 4k with lg cx.

It's sooooo beautiful. Heck, it looks like CGI if I ignore the pixel crawls

The devs promise to make even more Path Tracing improvements for Cyberpunk for both visuals and performance. Also, FSR3 is coming but it's going to take time.

Hopefully they improve RR massively. For me it still looks dogshit and very similar to DLSS 1 (oil painting). At 1440p and 1080p it's practically unuseable in my eyes.

Do you mean DLSS is upscaling to 4k or your output is 1080p and your TV is upscaling?
TV is up scaling 1080p to 4K.

Looks much better than native 4k at ultra performance dlss, resulting in lots of flickering, weird LOD, and not good enough performance.

Also better looking than letting my rtx 3070 upscale 1080p to 4k (resulting in blurry image)

The new 2.1 update will adds ReSTIR Global Illumination to the game. Improving lighting even further, and reducing ghosting.

Now, we're introducing Reservoir-based Spatiotemporal Importance Resampling Global Illumination (ReSTIR GI) with the launch of Update 2.1 and the Cyberpunk 2077: Ultimate Edition. ReSTIR GI is an advanced sampling technique for indirect lighting available in the NVIDIA RTXDI SDK, which further improves the quality of fully ray traced lighting in Cyberpunk 2077.
Before the release of Update 2.1, some scenes were darker than intended due to the loss of lighting energy during denoising. Using ReSTIR GI, local lighting is appropriately bright, and light now travels further, illuminating a scene further into the distance and increasing the brightness of previously illuminated detail.
In Update 2.0, the movement of dynamic characters, the equipping of new weapons and items, or the moving of the camera could cause full ray tracing to visibly update in areas that were previously occluded. With the introduction of ReSTIR GI in Update 2.1, disocclusion noise has been greatly reduced.
In conjunction with Ray Reconstruction enhancements in Update 2.1, ReSTIR GI significantly reduces the ghosting of moving game elements and their shadows, further improving image quality and immersion.

Also now DLSS RR can be activated without the need of Path Tracing.

These enhancements, additions and improvements mean that CD PROJEKT RED will be removing the Technology Preview label from the Ray Tracing: Overdrive Mode, signifying that it has reached its potential, and the promise of being the next revolution in real-time graphics rendering.

NVIDIA announced that the Path Tracing Technology Preview is now feature complete, and will no longer have the Preview label.

Yup.

Been at my inlaws house since the 22nd, so I brought along my (aged but still capable) Gigabyte Aero v8, with a six core / twelve thread 2.2GHz base / 4.1GHz boost i7-8750H,1070 MaxQ 8GB video, 144Hz 1080p screen, and a pair of PCIe 2TB Sammy 970 Evo drives.

And man, CP2077 runs pretty darn well on this rig considering the lackluster GPU. I run it at the high preset and with XeSS 1.2 balanced, and framerate sits solidly in the high 40s to high 60s depending on the scenery. It's entirely playable to me, and still also absolutely gorgeous. Also, I've discovered XeSS really does look and perform better than FSR 2.1 to my eye, and to the internal benchmark stats too.

I really do like the RT+PT visual experience on my desktop 3080Ti desktop rig, but for mobile enjoyment the "standard" rasterization is very good.

Decided to see what the game looked like with no RT or PT on and god damn, the increase in image quality is worth the fidelity drop!

Native 3440x1440p with DLAA at Ultra settings really shows how much image quality we're sacrificing for RT/PT in some games.
Before I switch to the old dark raster only times I prefer playing at 720p. Both scenes run similary fast.

EDIT
In motion there are significantly more PT artifacts in 720p but for me there's no going back.

For the comparison I used UHD DLSS Ultra Performance. However, FULL HD DLSS quality is much better and runs similarly fast.

Last edited:
Before I switch to the old dark raster only times I prefer playing at 720p. Both scenes run similary fast.

EDIT
In motion there are significantly more PT artifacts in 720p but for me there's no going back.

For the comparison I used UHD DLSS Ultra Performance. However, FULL HD DLSS quality is much better and runs similarly fast.

I've decided to run the game with the mod, not noticed much of a difference yet but performance is up.

A random PT vs RT

And PT vs PT with DLSSQ and ray reconstruction

I like the first picture with pathtracing. The lighting is very harmonious and the shadows from these horizontal area lights are soft and nice to look at. When modern games are considered I only know lighting like this from Cyberpunk 2077.

I'm hoping the next generation of GPU's from Nvidia really push the RT performance again so we can get this somewhat playable at native 3440x1440.

I'm at 20-25fps with DLAA on so if I can get double the performance I would be happy to play in the 40-50fps range at native resolution.

I wonder what a 4090 would get at my resolution and settings 🤔

I'm hoping the next generation of GPU's from Nvidia really push the RT performance again so we can get this somewhat playable at native 3440x1440.

I'm at 20-25fps with DLAA on so if I can get double the performance I would be happy to play in the 40-50fps range at native resolution.

I wonder what a 4090 would get at my resolution and settings 🤔
Here you go!

This is with PT and everything maxed:
image.png

This is with the default RT settings but NO PT:
image.png

image.png

These are my daily settings. Maxed with PT with FG and DLSS Quality at 3440x1440:
image.png

PSA: if you care about image quality. PLEASE TURN THIS CRAP OFF:
image.png

Thanks for those benchmark numbers, the 4090 is actually scaling above the raw performance difference which is insane to see.

And I do turn CA, film grain and all the other crap off as it just causes issues for DLSS.

Last edited:
Everything works for me except "sharpness". I always set this to the lowest level.

With CA it depends on whether the entire image receives CA or just the edge of the image. Motion Blur and DoF are mandatory for me. Film grain usually too.

Back