CYBERPUNK 2077 [PC Specific Patches and Settings]

Found a lighting mod that is just drag and drop so happy days.

Looks bloody good too!!!

I get 40-60fps at native 1080p with DLAA enabled, so I'm tempted to buy a cheap 1080p monitor to play it at native resolution.

Shame there are no 1080p OLED's!

I think I'm going to have to wait for next gen GPU's before I play this game properly I think.

Quick in-game shot with the lighting mod - Path tracing on, max settings, DLSS Quality mode with frame gen and a 60fps cap in RTSS.

Screenshot 2024-01-28 002043.png

The game is very immersive.

Incredibly so. I'm making my first run though it now and it's absolutely incredible. At least as immersive as the Witcher 3 and Skyrim for me.

I don't game much these days and when I do I tend to get bored fairly quickly, but this game just sucks down the hours with ease and I generally have to force myself to stop.

It's such a shame that it launched with those technical issues because they game itself is absolutely brilliant. If it had launched in its v2.0 state, even without the PT mode, I think it would have been widely considered one of the best RPG's of modern times.

Incredibly so. I'm making my first run though it now and it's absolutely incredible. At least as immersive as the Witcher 3 and Skyrim for me.
For me it's much much much better than these games.

Like no other game Cyberpunk 2077 gives me such a strong feeling of being there. Above all because it's almost all the time interactive in first person view. It's pure gameplay and moments sometimes seem so intimate that it almost feels like a VR game.

When this level of immersion is paired with the great storytelling you will get the strongest first-person storytelling that exists.

A good example of this is the Heist mission at the beginning. The high level of immersion makes the player feel like he's in the middle of it. The exciting narrative makes it more intense when following the drama in between.
There are more missions like this and the Phantom Liberty Add-On continues at the same level. In the end with Solomon Reed it's comparable to strong Blade Runner scenes except that the player experiences something like this interactively and up close.

The writing and characters are at the highest level in the game industry. I only need to mention Johnny Silverhand and the verbal battles with the player character and how profoundly their relationship develops later on. The eroticism in this game is also better than in any other game I know of.

Then there are the decisions which give the player the feeling that the plot unfolds naturally depending on how he behaves. It doesn't matter whether there are major consequences or not the only important thing is that he believes it the first time he plays through.

Night City with it's believable and brilliant city architecture and it's rich story immediately captivates the player. It's a huge star of the game and feels like a real city.

Everything in the game fits perfectly together including the gameplay mechanics. Like the technology implants from the Ripper Docs everything has it's purpose. The player has freedom in combat gameplay whether shooting or hacking or becoming a stealth warrior. It fits and is fun however he want's to play.

If you play it now you'll get one of the best gaming experiences of all time. The great strengths of the videogame medium are exemplified here. If I had to name the best game I've ever played it would be Cyberpunk 2077.

Last edited:
I had the same issue yesterday as somehow the game had DLAA and ray reconstruction on at the same time and performance was actually lower than with it on.

I'll test it myself later and report back.

So I've tested this as I had a spare 20 minutes.

Built in benchmark - (3440x1440, overdrive preset selected, DLSSQ + DLSS-RR)
  • Latest driver - 43.95fps
  • This 'magic' beta driver - 41.64fps
In the built in benchmark, there are no issues with image quality and everything is de-noised correctly.

So with that, I checked a random scene in Night City - (Same settings as above) and the 'magic' beta driver had, by the looks of it, no de-noising at all. And when checking the settings menu, I couldn't even enable or disable ray reconstruction.

So I forced ray reconstruction on via the user.cfg file, and set it to 'read only' so the game wouldn't change it, and then did a few tests.

Random scene in Night City - (Same quality settings as above)
  • No denoising - 55fps
  • Ray reconstruction forced on - 48fps
Random scene in Dog Town - (Same quality settings as above)
  • No denoising - 47fps
  • Ray reconstruction forced on - 38fps
The cost of the de-noising is actually quite high with a ~12% cost in the Night City scene, and ~20% in the Dog Town scene, and remember that ray reconstruction actually performs better than the stock de-noisers too.

I also checked Alan Wake 2 to see if this beta driver was targeting CP2077 specifically, or path tracing, and aside from the shadowing looking thicker (Fuller?) the performance actually dropped by 4fps.

Reducing the cost of de-noising seems to be an area where Nvidia can target, and to maybe see if there's a better hardware solution to reduce its cost.

Last edited:
The new DLSS option added to a DLSS Dynamic Resolution Scaling option, which changes DLSS resolution on the fly to maintain the target frame rate.
According to some testing made by Reddit user skyj420, the option doesn't just cycle between the usual DLSS settings but actually reduces resolution only as much as needed to maintain the target framerate. In the demanding Dogtown area, for example, the user saw only a reduction from 1440p to 1420p resolution, resulting in more consistent visuals when the game seamlessly switched from DLAA to DLSS.

Was just about to post about this. An amazing feature which I'm amazed hasn't shown up in far more games already. In fact have we actually seen this before in any game? Particularly where it includes DLAA and such fine grained resolution adjustments.

The only MAJOR bummer is that it doesn't work with PT. I hope they fix that very soon.

Before I delete this, here the game with noise and with ray reconstruction forced on with that supposed magic driver.

It's crazy how different they look and if you look at the wood pieces in the bottom left corner by the UI, they cast shadows on the ground in the noisy version but not when denoised with ray reconstruction.

Was just about to post about this. An amazing feature which I'm amazed hasn't shown up in far more games already. In fact have we actually seen this before in any game? Particularly where it includes DLAA and such fine grained resolution adjustments.

The only MAJOR bummer is that it doesn't work with PT. I hope they fix that very soon.

Yeah this doesn't actually work for me at all. Turning PT off an turning dynamic DLSS on just destroys the games performance. Not in a "now it's slower" way, but more in a "it's now doing really weird things with massive stuttering" way.

I tried turning off FG and RR too, plus restarting the game... no luck.

Back to PT, DLSS P for me!

@Cyan That video is incredibly interesting. It does look very lifelike, but in the way that cameras capture images, not human vision. The depth of field really creates a ton of ... depth lol. I mean that it actually looks more 3D on a 2D screen. Typically I don't like depth of field in games, but I've never seen one use such a shallow depth of field with a tight focal plane. Normally it just blurs things that are very near and the edges of the screen. This really does add depth. Super cool.

That got me wonder, once we can do AI image Gen in real-time, maybe for 30fps minimum, we can have all kinds of filter for all kinds of games with simple prompt or example image.

So for example for that image, it's too contrasty for me, so I just take 1 screenshot, manually adjust the contrast on Photoshop, and the AI will make cyberpunk that's to my taste

Huh. Maybe that'll be a good use of those neural chip thingy on modern CPU.

Back