CYBERPUNK 2077 [PC Specific Patches and Settings]

Is it crashing for anyone else once you start fooling around with the open world gigs? It had been rock solid for the first 5 hours, now I havn't gone back to the mainline quest yet but i've done a few different side missions and it has become very unstable. I think it might be overdrive mode or RR, I changed back to old RT mode and it seemed fine. Then went back to overdrive mode and it crashed next fight.

I did notice when I was switched back to old RT mode in one fight I seemed to get like flashbanged and knocked to the ground, I had been knocked down before numerous times but I had never seen this flashbang effect before. I wonder if this is whats crashing it, every crash seems to be mid combat.

I'll try without RR later and see if that helps, I had used overdrive in the base game before RR came out and never had issues.

Is it crashing for anyone else once you start fooling around with the open world gigs? It had been rock solid for the first 5 hours, now I havn't gone back to the mainline quest yet but i've done a few different side missions and it has become very unstable. I think it might be overdrive mode or RR, I changed back to old RT mode and it seemed fine. Then went back to overdrive mode and it crashed next fight.

I did notice when I was switched back to old RT mode in one fight I seemed to get like flashbanged and knocked to the ground, I had been knocked down before numerous times but I had never seen this flashbang effect before. I wonder if this is whats crashing it, every crash seems to be mid combat.

I'll try without RR later and see if that helps, I had used overdrive in the base game before RR came out and never had issues.
Are you using mods?

Are you using mods?
No mods, completely fresh install when version 2 release the other week.
Try disabling cross save option right here
Had them disabled already.

Was playing it for a couple hours, doesn't seem to be graphic setting related. I crashed it on all different settings/modes, overdrive without RR, Normal RT mode, Normal RT mode without FG or DLSS and finally raster mode with and without DLSS/DLAA. I noticed it is only happening when using my katana, Just falling back to ranged combat only it never crashed. I havn't tried a different katana or a different melee weapon yet.

It seems to happen during charged attacks and when melee speed buffs are triggered and hitting weakspots. Little hard to work out though because i'm not really 100% sure what I hit when it crashed a few times. At least I know it's not RT graphic settings so I can go back to my preferences there.

Was playing it for a couple hours, doesn't seem to be graphic setting related. I crashed it on all different settings/modes, overdrive without RR, Normal RT mode, Normal RT mode without FG or DLSS and finally raster mode with and without DLSS/DLAA. I noticed it is only happening when using my katana, Just falling back to ranged combat only it never crashed. I havn't tried a different katana or a different melee weapon yet.

It seems to happen during charged attacks and when melee speed buffs are triggered and hitting weakspots. Little hard to work out though because i'm not really 100% sure what I hit when it crashed a few times. At least I know it's not RT graphic settings so I can go back to my preferences there.

I did get a bunch of stability issues with Cp2077 2.0 that went away after reducing my curve optimizer negative by 1 point, and capping my gpu to 78 celcius.

I used to crashes when doing something new. Like got a new gun, then swap to it crash

I'm also experiencing repeated crashes at the end of the mission Queen of the Highway. When the relic malfunctions and V falls unconscious, the screen fades to black and I always get a CTD. It's effectively impossible for me to complete this mission.

I'm also experiencing repeated crashes at the end of the mission Queen of the Highway. When the relic malfunctions and V falls unconscious, the screen fades to black and I always get a CTD. It's effectively impossible for me to complete this mission.
Is this one of the new Phantom Liberty zone missions? If it's a base game mission I would have done it way back when playing the base game, If it is in the DLC I havn't got to it yet to tell how I went.

I did get a bunch of stability issues with Cp2077 2.0 that went away after reducing my curve optimizer negative by 1 point, and capping my gpu to 78 celcius.

I used to crashes when doing something new. Like got a new gun, then swap to it crash
My gpu and cpu temps are fine, gpu 65ish celcius and cpu around 70ish. I am running an overclock using the per core/curve optimizer aswell though i have it limited to 170 watts to keep temps bearable in summer. but it has never crashed when it's being hammered for hours doing any rendering/encoding at higher temps. Might just flip it to stock no oc and see if it helps anyway.

Is this one of the new Phantom Liberty zone missions? If it's a base game mission I would have done it way back when playing the base game, If it is in the DLC I havn't got to it yet to tell how I went.

My gpu and cpu temps are fine, gpu 65ish celcius and cpu around 70ish. I am running an overclock using the per core/curve optimizer aswell though i have it limited to 170 watts to keep temps bearable in summer. but it has never crashed when it's being hammered for hours doing any rendering/encoding at higher temps. Might just flip it to stock no oc and see if it helps anyway.
Hopefully that'll solve your crashes.

IIRC cdpr tweeted awhile ago that update 2.0 basically will became a stability test

Keep in mind that prior to launch a CDPR developer had mentioned that 2.0 will utilize the CPU much more than the previous version and CPU stability may become a problem for some people who haven't properly stress tested their CPU.

So, could be problems with overclocks, insufficient cooling, insufficient power (either voltage to CPU in BIOS or potentially even power delivery from the PSU or MB) or even a potentially not 100% stable factory clocked CPU.

Regards,
SB

Soooo I got some time to go back and try work this out. I didn't bother changing my overclock yet (well it was technically an underclock as I used a negative curve off set to boost a bit higher by staying cooler).

Jumped in went and grabbed a different sword from a vendor and played purely melee, didn't crash in 2 hours. So basically I went into the DLC with my original sword, got through all the start stuff then started doing side quests no crashes. I grabbed a new sword from a body in a side gig game started crashing, bought a sword from a vendor use that and crashes stopped.

Such a bizarre situation, seems stable again. If it crashes again i'll try stock settings on the cpu.

Yesterday I had a lot of fun testing resolutions.

Pathtracing in Cyberpunk 2077 is mandatory for me after the latest improvements. Thanks to the newly added Ray Reconstruction the image quality with pathtracing has increased significantly and the speed has increased about 8 % too.

Yet for UHD DLSS performance which is 1080p and would be the optimum on a FullHD or UHD screen the performance is not enough for me in all important places in the game. Therefore I tried something else.

First to the numbers:
DLSS Quality - 66.6% (2/3) per axis, 45% resolution
DLSS Balanced - 58% per axis, 33% resolution
DLSS Performance - 50% per axis, 25% resolution
DLSS Ultra Performance - 33% (1/3) per axis, 11% resolution

2880*1620 = 4665600
DLSS Quality = 1920*1080 = 2073600
DLSS Balanced = 1670.4*939.6 = 1569507.84
DLSS Performance = 1440*810 = 1166400

2560*1440 = 3686400
DLSS Quality = 1706.65*959.99 = 1638367.23
DLSS Balanced = 1484.8*835.2 = 1240104.96
DLSS Performance = 1280*720 = 92160

In two scenarios the speed was ideal for me. 1440p with DLSS quality and 1620p with DLSS balanced. The first one renders 1638367 and the second one temders 1569508 pixels natively. During testing I found the the image quality surprisingly good with both.

At 1440p and 1620p I can use DLDSR, which increases resolution through AI and has replaced the old DSR. With DSR I was only happy with UHD on my VTW60 Plasma. Native resolutions between FullHD and UHD had a big loss of sharpness on a FullHD TV which is no longer the case with DLDSR. Usually in-game resolution scaling is also much better than the old 1620p DSR or DSR 1440p with Gaussian filter.

Here is a comparison between 1440p with DLSS quality and 1080p.

The 1638367 pixels with AI look much better compared to the "real" 2073600 without DLSS and it also runs significantly faster. FullHD flickers on the left at the long straight lines at the houses or the scaffold at the house on the upper left, while the while the DLSS image is very stable and supersampled. Without DLSS there is also no ray reconstruction which makes pathtracing on the 1080p picture less accurate.

At first, it sounds terrible. I'am playing in a sub-FullHD resolution again which is slightly above 900p. Where will we end up if you go that low again...
But when I look at the results on the screen I'm fascinated. We're in a post resolution age. If you put 100 people in front of 1440p DLSS Q vs. 1080p native, the masses would clearly find 1440p DLSS quality superior when playing. That's visually closer to a reference template like 8K. I prefer to lower the "native" resolution to have "true" physically correct lighting with little error.

In the context of AI, resolutions are the best factor to optimize. The ideal would be to be able to adjust every percent screen resolution and have the quality increase smoothly.

Once pathtracing is standard and all the fake raster effects are gone, games will only have screen resolution, ray count, ray lenght, LOD, density, resolution set for textures, smoke, particle effects, clouds, etc. Maybe by then there will be no more LOD and something like Nanite will be standard.

Last edited:
In addition to pathtracing there is also the fact that the materials are good and the world is very densely designed. In Dogtown even denser than in the main world. The open world often has the level of detail of a carridor game. Besides that, many missions are outstandingly staged.

Next to the great main missions the side missions are also impressive. "Balls to the Wall" is a good example of how to get interactive storytelling. Or the mission in the police station where you get a worth seeing ending when you cleverly answer Dodger's questions. It's a pity that the majority of video games are miles away from this level.

On the streets of Dogtwon even the regular NPCs make a good impression. They seem very lively, have many different complex animations, are always doing something, often talk, etc. No effort or expense was spared.

When I look at the graphics, orchestration and the production values I'm afraid that we won't see anything that comes close to Cyberpunk 2077 in the next few years.

What also helps the immersikn on the gameplayside that player doesn't just shoot from start to finish but the game is much more varied and even if one meets enemies the player has a lot of options. In The Last of Us for example you only do the same thing from start to finish. Every encounter with someone ends in carnage as if you had no other choice. The world of The Last of Us is a very simple world where everything must be decided instantly and everyone kills everyone immediately.

Last edited:
When I look at the graphics, orchestration and the production values I'm afraid that we won't see anything that comes close to Cyberpunk 2077 in the next few years.
It's not perfect, but what is these days. When i'm driving around i can notice some noise/fizzling on the road in the distance, and there's some ghosting here and there still. But i've very rarely stopped in a game and just thought to myself this is incredible while looking at the visuals and it's happened multiple times in this so far. I hope your wrong about the length of time before we see something match it, but deep down I think you will be pretty spot on with that call. I think Alan wake 2 will match it from visuals level, maybe even surpass it in some aspects but it will be fare less complex world/gameplay system wise.

I was hoping that CDPR will improve the atrocious texture LoD for the game with the DLC update, but they have gone in the opposite direction with even worse LoD now.
Road signs show it most clearly with the letters only looking decent when up close. The whole game looks like a blurry mess in the distance and just disappointing to come back to after playing TLOU, Dead Island and even Starfield.

This game is unplayable for me now on any display that doesn't do at least 1000nits in HDR.

1000+ nit HDR in this game with path tracing on is truly transformative and I've not seen any other game visually change so much with HDR on.

This game is unplayable for me now on any display that doesn't do at least 1000nits in HDR.

1000+ nit HDR in this game with path tracing on is truly transformative and I've not seen any other game visually change so much with HDR on.

Yep. I've mentioned this for a while new. CP2077 with and without HDR are completely different experiences.

And you certainly want one of the newer MLA based WOLED or any QD OLED tech to deliver that.

Yep. I've mentioned this for a while new. CP2077 with and without HDR are completely different experiences.

And you certainly want one of the newer MLA based WOLED or any QD OLED tech to deliver that.

I just sent a MLA based WOLED 27" 1440p monitor back as it's brightness was pathetically dull.

Now using a mini-LED IPS panel with FALD and 1200+ nits of brightness.

Smokes the OLED I've just sent back.

Back