Ratchet-_-Clank_-Rift-Apart_20210607214459-1024x576.jpg

Ratchet-_-Clank_-Rift-Apart_20210607165402.jpg

Ratchet-_-Clank_-Rift-Apart_20210607165419.jpg

Ratchet-_-Clank_-Rift-Apart_20210607173257.jpg

Ratchet-_-Clank_-Rift-Apart_20210607173328.jpg

I will stick to fidelity mode
Edit: probable fake and its from perf mode without rt

Last edited:
whatching that and reading ars review, the "rifts" really feels like Destiny 1 and Destiny 2 portals. The "grappling hook" rift also pre-defined in the map instead of free placed by players like grappling hooking on Titanfall or "blinking" in destiny.

Maybe PS5 SSD hype made my expectation inflated. I was hoping it will be a souped-up portal gun.

EDIT

btw the "stutter" for a split second when passing thru purple portal we've seen the the old videos, turns out also happen in the gameplay when the camera switches view point, but only sometimes. I wonder why.

I never felt for the SSD hype to begin with. BUT, this game really is an impressive visual showcase, and its not the ray tracing doing that (its just reflections), but the normal rendering thats just amazing amazing, in special seeing the amount of detail.

no thanks

Good choice, now lets hope we wont see more of crap like this landing on the boards.

I will stick to fidelity mode

Same here, its not a kb/m game or multiplayer etc, im just going to play it purely for the graphics, and from what im seeing, the fidelity mode does look quite alot better.
It slots as high as CP2077 maxed on pc to me, 2077 technically superior but rift apart is much and much more polished and assets/close up quality.

Performance mode looks like SSR only actually... If it has RT at all, it's very limited.
RT only at short distance (we can see RT for Ratchet, NPCs and some near objects on the ground), usual reflections for long distance stuff.

I never felt for the SSD hype to begin with. BUT, this game really is an impressive visual showcase, and its not the ray tracing doing that (its just reflections), but the normal rendering thats just amazing amazing, in special seeing the amount of detail.

Good choice, now lets hope we wont see more of crap like this landing on the boards.

Same here, its not a kb/m game or multiplayer etc, im just going to play it purely for the graphics, and from what im seeing, the fidelity mode does look quite alot better.
It slots as high as CP2077 maxed on pc to me, 2077 technically superior but rift apart is much and much more polished and assets/close up quality.

You could not help yourself, you had to bring some PC comparison here ! Oh you ! :LOL:

It's a great game, let's have our moment of joy, us consoles peasants :D
two more days to wait...

You could not help yourself, you had to bring some PC comparison here ! Oh you ! :LOL:

It's a great game, let's have our moment of joy, us consoles peasants :D
two more days to wait...
To be honest I am kind of impressed by the games so far. Although we didnt get many true next gen games yet, the games that are coming out aim at higher resolutions and 60fps modes plus ray tracing, which brings us back to the good old times when Dreamcast and PS2 were throwing out a lot of 60fps games at the beginning.
Also consoles feel like they are closer to the PC experience now than ever.
Rachet and Clank is superb even at 60fps and reduced RT effects. I d say that overall it surpasses anything on PC even if you can max out the best game on PC at 60fps 4k.
The attention to detail is outstanding.
There is simply nothing on PC like Rachet and Clank and Horizon Forbidden West

Performance mode looks like SSR only actually... If it has RT at all, it's very limited.
I think its RT still. The draw distance of the RT reflections I think is what took a hit at 60fps. The closer objects are still reflected properly. The devs wouldnt need to limit whats reflected on screen if it was SSR I believe. The limitation would have been automatically whats on screen.
But someone can check and tell us

for the hardware PS5 has to offer it does look fantastic indeed.
CP77 will always have the framerate/effects advantage on a powerfull PC, even if the world detail in itself is still stuck into last gen (same assets on PS4/XB1)
If insomniac developped R&C on PC it would have looked even better no doubt about it.
But we can still appreciate what's on display here.

whatching that and reading ars review, the "rifts" really feels like Destiny 1 and Destiny 2 portals. The "grappling hook" rift also pre-defined in the map instead of free placed by players like grappling hooking on Titanfall or "blinking" in destiny.

Maybe PS5 SSD hype made my expectation inflated. I was hoping it will be a souped-up portal gun.

EDIT

btw the "stutter" for a split second when passing thru purple portal we've seen the the old videos, turns out also happen in the gameplay when the camera switches view point, but only sometimes. I wonder why.

Again you confuse technical possibility and game design. It is a AAA Ratchet games, this is not where you will see innovation. There is a rumor Insomniac have a third team and prepare a new IP maybe they ill be able to have more design innovation there.

After the release of Kena Bridge of Spirit, indie dev ember labs told they want to create a game designed around PS5 SSD. I think as an indie dev they will be more innovative from a game design point of view.

If people thinks game design improvement will come from AAA games. This is only a dreams. This will come from indie games doing 3d games with good graphics like Kena, The Ascent, Stray,The Gunk, Little Devil Inside. Probably not the first wave of games but later during the generation.

"stutter" happens during camera switch.

Again you confuse technical possibility and game design. It is a AAA Ratchet games, this is not where you will see innovation. There is a rumor Insomniac have a third team and prepare a new IP maybe they ill be able to have more design innovation there.

After the release of Kena Bridge of Spirit, indie dev ember labs told they want to create a game designed around PS5 SSD. I think as an indie dev they will be more innovative from a game design point of view.

If people thinks game design improvement will come from AAA games. This is only a dreams. This will come from indie games doing 3d games with good graphics like Kena, The Ascent, Stray,The Gunk, Little Devil Inside. Probably not the first wave of games but later during the generation.

"stutter" happens during camera switch.

insomniac is one of the wizards in game dev IMO. I have a high expectation of them exploiting PS5 SSD. Turns out the yellow portal is just like titanfall hook (but with portal FX) and the purple portal is like destiny portals (but it seems there are more of them). This also makes me thinks, Titanfall 2 actually already have the purple portal when it was in the time swap mission. As a bonus, it allows to "teleports time" almost whenever the player wants.

AAA games also not always devoid of game design improvements. The web slinging in marvel sony spiderman was awesome, titanfall 1 and 2 was awesome not just in the game design but also the story presentation in T2, there's various Valve games that brings game design improvements, usually in term oh physics meets gameplay. Although there's also DICE with BFBC2 that was amazing with its freedom of destruction and map size and keeps nerfing it for each new battlefield.

basically i was drown in the hype

insomniac is one of the wizards in game dev IMO. I have a high expectation of them exploiting PS5 SSD. Turns out the yellow portal is just like titanfall hook (but with portal FX) and the purple portal is like destiny portals (but it seems there are more of them). This also makes me thinks, Titanfall 2 actually already have the purple portal when it was in the time swap mission. As a bonus, it allows to "teleports time" almost whenever the player wants.

AAA games also not always devoid of game design improvements. The web slinging in marvel sony spiderman was awesome, titanfall 1 and 2 was awesome not just in the game design but also the story presentation in T2, there's various Valve games that brings game design improvements, usually in term oh physics meets gameplay. Although there's also DICE with BFBC2 that was amazing with its freedom of destruction and map size and keeps nerfing it for each new battlefield.

basically i was drown in the hype

Your expectation were too high for Insomniac innovating on game design at least in Ratchet and Clank and probably the next spiderman if it is a cross gen games. There is absolutely nothing coming from a technical limitation. Sony and MS gives great hardware after it is to the team to do what they can and/or want with it. I hope the rumor of Dr Strange inside Spiderman is true maybe there will be much more innovative design in this case. If God of War Ragnarok was not cross gen. Sony Santa Monica could do what was the original game design of the first game, travel freely within realms and having cross realms puzzle but we will wait the first PS5 exclusive God of War.

And your exception for game design are not the rules and for good web slinging Spiderman 2 on PS2 was good too. Most of the time AAA game design is very safe.

For Insomniac I have more hope for the rumored new IP of a new team. Budget for new IP are often lower on Sony side, they can be less safe.

Last edited:
Back