Helldivers 2 [PS5, PC]

techuse

Veteran

Impressions are very positive everywhere I’ve seen. I’m considering trying this out. Don’t think I have ever played this type of game. Is it a grind fest?

from what I read the game has beaten Palworld and Counter Strike 2 in the charts, to become the best selling game on Steam.

It must be much more fun than I'd given it credit for. It looked like total low rent garbage in the two previews I saw. Sony's Gaas strategy off to a good start I guess!

It must be much more fun than I'd given it credit for. It looked like total low rent garbage in the two previews I saw. Sony's Gaas strategy off to a good start I guess!
Agreed. The hype is tempting. Particularly with the severe drought of quality multiplayer games for over half a decade now.

The original had some real design flaws IMO. IIRC you could get shot from off screen by enemies you couldn't do anything about. It had some sort of meta but I never understood it. Had a few hours of coop with mates but comfortably moved on after too many frustrations.

The original had some real design flaws IMO. IIRC you could get shot from off screen by enemies you couldn't do anything about. It had some sort of meta but I never understood it. Had a few hours of coop with mates but comfortably moved on after too many frustrations.
imho, this is a demonstration of a healthy ecosystem. You know, more or less, every year, which games are going to sell well, 'cos of marketing or "oh gosh what a exclusive my machine is going to have", etc, but I am liking this game, or games like Palworld just because they are beating all expectations.

Free online might be a factor too.

It has become the best selling game from Sony on Steam, beating God of War.

Sometimes I even wonder what Steam users play 'cos I don't see a lot of mainstream at the top of the charts, except some games from Sony, which I understand, or established franchises, games from Bethesda, From Software, etc.

Last edited:
I gave it a go but it's not my kind if game at all. The controls are just don't make much sense and that made it frustratng when I actually gave it a shot. Made it 44 minutes in before the refund was requested from Steam :D. Lesson learned, always follow instincts and not reviews!!

I was initially not interested in this game from the Starship Troopers knockoff promos, but seeing the actual gameplay in extended bits it looks like it'd be fun to play with a group of friends. Doesn't look like anything that would be my favourite game, but probably an enjoyable chunk of time.

so has anyone here played this, is it good?
the relatively low price point compared to most games nowadays, and the drought of good MP games is very temping me to try helldivers. but its steam exclusive on PC (im those weirdo that prefers windows store DRM than steam's)

so has anyone here played this, is it good?
the relatively low price point compared to most games nowadays, and the drought of good MP games is very temping me to try helldivers. but its steam exclusive on PC (im those weirdo that prefers windows store DRM than steam's)
:D oh man, never change, you are such a weirdo..... You remind me of my "romantic" self, thinking that because you prefer something it's better, but well, while deep down I still prefer the windows store, steam is objectively more advanced and I use it a lot more, although I try to get as many games as possible on the windows store. The offer is low by comparison though, and while it's improving, mod support hasn't been easy, unlike on Epic Games Store or Steam where mods are easier to install.

I bought it. Only played 2 hours so far but am enjoying it. Guns feel weighty and satisfying. Game seems to be very CPU limited on my old 1080ti/OC 6700k. No issues with stuttering or erratic frame times though.

:D oh man, never change, you are such a weirdo..... You remind me of my "romantic" self, thinking that because you prefer something it's better, but well, while deep down I still prefer the windows store, steam is objectively more advanced and I use it a lot more, although I try to get as many games as possible on the windows store. The offer is low by comparison though, and while it's improving, mod support hasn't been easy, unlike on Epic Games Store or Steam where mods are easier to install.

IMO windows store DRM is simply more customer friendly than Steam, especially for helldicers.

As with windows store drm, I can play helldivers together with 2 different devices (windows pc and windows laptop) at the same time, simultaneously, with 2 different accounts.

Because I only have 1 ps5. If I have 2 ps5, I'll just buy it on ps5 so can play together with just 1 license.

From what I read, helldicers are much more fun when played together

220K+ concurrent players on Steam right now. Should hit 230K+ within the next hour or so when the peak is expected to happen. Absolutely phenomenal numbers on a weekday.

The weekend will be the biggest test yet. 275K doesn't seem out of the realm of possibility. Sony has to be thrilled with these numbers and the games continued engagement.

220K+ concurrent players on Steam right now. Should hit 230K+ within the next hour or so when the peak is expected to happen. Absolutely phenomenal numbers on a weekday.

The weekend will be the biggest test yet. 275K doesn't seem out of the realm of possibility. Sony has to be thrilled with these numbers and the games continued engagement.
long gone are those days. This Sony's surprise hit keeps breaking records. There were 409000 simultaneous players yesterday, and they had to increase the capacity of their servers to support up to 450000 players.

Hardly. Palworld, Diablo IV, Baldur's Gate III, Forza Motorsport are all well regarded multiplayer games, to name just a few, and that's just in the last 9 months. Sony's had 10 years. Congratulations to them finally!

I thought Sony were just publishers but I believe they don't own that studio, do they? Seems to be some kind of luck for Sony for having secured the rights of that game. A bit like MS with their Palword console exclusivity.

Back