Crysis Trilogy Remastered [2021]

BRiT

(>• •)>⌐■-■ (⌐■-■)
Legend
Supporter

https://www.crytek.com/news/crysis-remastered-trilogy-will-launch-in-fall-2021

Crytek today announced that the Crysis Remastered Trilogy will launch for consoles and PC this fall. The Crysis Remastered Trilogy features the single-player remasters of Crysis, Crysis 2, and Crysis 3, optimized in partnership with Saber Interactive for today's consoles and PC hardware. The three-game bundle will be available on PlayStation, Xbox, Nintendo Switch and for PC, with the game playing even smoother on next gen PS5 and Xbox Series X/S. Crysis Remastered is available for these platforms now, and the remasters of Crysis 2 and Crysis 3 will also be made available separately.

Backwards compatible only for XS & PS5 - disappointing.

Backwards compatible only for XS & PS5 - disappointing.
I don't even know who waits for this remasters after disappointing 1st one. They should made remake on new engine, reboot or crysis 4, these remasters are just waste of time.

I think I'll stick with the bizarre curiosities known as the PS360 versions or hit up the old PC versions at 4K if I actually need to revisit these games yet again...

I finally got around to playing Crysis 3 a few days ago. Top notch graphics for its time of course. The game itself though is pretty pedestrian, almost boring. The suit powers are old hat at this point and cant make up for the uninspired shooting mechanics and enemy AI. Thankfully it's short.

I finally got around to playing Crysis 3 a few days ago. Top notch graphics for its time of course. The game itself though is pretty pedestrian, almost boring. The suit powers are old hat at this point and cant make up for the uninspired shooting mechanics and enemy AI. Thankfully it's short.
Crysis as a series has that strange thing that happens sometimes when a thing becomes it's reputation. Crysis has the "looks pretty not much of a game" reputation when the reality was that it had many forward looking game design elements. Large, open-ish levels. Physics, destructibility, advanced AI, vehicles. Stuff you didn't see much in FPS games of it's time. As the series progressed, it really did become a graphics first experience, though.

Maybe they discovered they had Visual Studio limited to x87. ;) /happy skyrim memories

I got this Remastered set for free with my super duper i5 12600k. I tried Crysis 1 a little but honestly I didn't notice much. Gotta try the other two games yet.

Back