Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition [PC Specific]

im hyped, so want to replay but when i tried originals the controls are so weird. cant understand i used to play that all the time with those controls

Note to Rockstar - there are 5 of them not 3
The original trilogy took place in 'the same GTA universe'. It's easy to miss references to GTA III and Vice City in San Andrea or miss the appearance of GTA III's 'Claude' in San Andrea but if you listen the in-game radio shows there is more of a continuity. GTA IV and GTA V seem to have very little fo this.

San Andreas was in 5, the mission where Franklin and Trevor goes and gets the brick of drywall from the Grove Street boys.

Is that the mission where you visit Grove Street? I can't remember if GTA V is explicitly set in the 'same universe'. GTA III characters pop up in San Andrea, which takes place before just before GTA III. Claude is about to head fo Liberty City. :runaway: I always liked these little touches.

I was playing GTA 3, but then I jumped in to San Andreas since that's the one I'm most interested in/like best by far.

I don't hate it yet, not a bit so far. Not very far in either though, still doing Grove Street missions, but it entertains me so far. :)

And in other R* news....

Yesterday's launch of Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition has been a bit of disaster. A tweet from Rockstar Support acknowledges that the services for the Rockstar Games Launcher and supported titles "are temporarily offline for maintenance." That was yesterday afternoon, but that temporary outage persists. This doesn't just prevent players from playing the newly released remakes, but other Rockstar Games as well.

Odd that I didn't notice until I read it on Blue's News. :|

Absolutely pathetic... Another Unreal Engine 4 flop with terrible performance, hitching and stuttering and just embarrassing performance all around.

The console versions are apparently pretty bad too.
https://www.dsogaming.com/news/gta-...performance-issues-on-all-next-gen-platforms/

This is just a case of developers throwing whatever trash out there that they can sell and them not giving a single damn about it.. I heard today that they actually pulled it from the store.. MAYBE it's because they realized the game is garbage... but I'm doubting it gets fixed.

Oh it's UE4 ? I believed it was the original engine just modded up a little, since it still looking like a very old game.
Me too. Transferring all the code, behaviours and jank into a different engine to the point where it looks the same as it did 20 years ago is impressive, jacky work!

Last edited by a moderator:
So weird. How was this allowed to happen? How many billions have Rockstar made out of GTAV alone, how could they see this and go OK great let’s get this out!?

Back